Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: government arrangement of taxes on bitcoin, would it be considered positive?  (Read 226 times)
Omosomofa

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:07:24 PM

To properly pay taxes on an investment in bitcoin, you'll need to wrangle some information from each sale you conducted over the last fiscal year. This includes the basis for each amount of bitcoin you sold, the date you bought it, the date you sold it, and the price at which you sold it.
You can use these figures to calculate your realized gains or losses for each sale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:09:22 PM

I heard people trying to say that there are positives side on it because it is somehow protected under legal boundaries...

what do you guys think?

With global adoption and the masses and financial institutions playing catch up, there has been several years of good legitimate project with great teams who deliver and then there have also been many scams and shortfalls - regulation is great as is protects us all.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:21:14 PM

I heard people trying to say that there are positives side on it because it is somehow protected under legal boundaries...

what do you guys think?

The only positive side I see to it is that people can then be free to talk about bitcoin or known to be associated with it. Today over here, your neighbor can be involved in bitcoin but you don't talk about because you don't know who he might talk to and with the level of low awareness about bitcoin, it can simply land one in trouble. But with government coming to tax it, it then means that there would be an huge sum of money dedicated for awareness purpose and the changing of orientation for those who are stereotyped about the issue without any option of changing and that is positive to the entire crypto space.
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:29:20 PM

If you look at the state, this is the introduction of taxes on bitcoins and on crypto-currencies in general - it's good, but if you are on the trader's side - then I think that very few people would like to pay taxes.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:42:04 PM

If you look at the state, this is the introduction of taxes on bitcoins and on crypto-currencies in general - it's good, but if you are on the trader's side - then I think that very few people would like to pay taxes.
A robbery always looks good from the robber's perspective!
Taxes are never a good thing. They mean that people will have less money to spend, they will buy less things, hire less employees, start less businesses. Taxes are slowing down the economy and making it harder for everyone but the government.

The only positive side I see to it is that people can then be free to talk about bitcoin or known to be associated with it. Today over here, your neighbor can be involved in bitcoin but you don't talk about because you don't know who he might talk to and with the level of low awareness about bitcoin, it can simply land one in trouble. But with government coming to tax it, it then means that there would be an huge sum of money dedicated for awareness purpose and the changing of orientation for those who are stereotyped about the issue without any option of changing and that is positive to the entire crypto space.

Sure, it can be seen as something positive, but is it worth it? Would you be willing to give away 20 or 30% of your crypto income for the ability to freely talk about it?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Polonium

Activity: 123

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:50:50 PM

I think government taxation is a positive development for bitcoin because it shows that the government is accepting its legality, when that happens, bitcoin will gain trust improvement and people who previously have doubts will began to invest. I believe for bitcoin to exist, it needs the support of the government.

achsan fauzy

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

Some of the many countries which impose taxes for the owner of the bitcoin. But I think, it is much better than prohibiting the circulation of bitcoin.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:08:19 AM

First of all, the introduction of taxes will give Bitcoin a powerful impetus, as it will mean that the government will not fight with cryptocurrency
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:14:18 AM

what do you guys think?

I am believe if goverment arrangement of taxes it would be positive. With taxes, bitcoin or cryptocurrency will be regulated and more investor will investing their money. Thats will be good weather for investment on cryptocurrency
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:42:23 AM

It is positive because it is an indication that the government is not against Bitcoin, hence, Bitcoin investors are on the safe side. Come to think of it, you would not tax something you do not agree with in the first place. Taxing Bitcoin is giving the latter all sorts of presumptions of legality. Otherwise, the government could have totally banned its transactions and criminalize all who circumvent the laws (rules and regulations, as well) of the land.

The question should not perhaps dwell most on its positive side, but should mainly be focused if it is sustainable. As for me, I do not find it sustainable unless they find means to investigate all transactions, knowing very well the heavy private keys of cryptos. This will be the number one limitation to the government's plea of taxation. They have to address this, otherwise, their goal of taxing every transaction would miserably fail.
TepungBeras

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

Presale is live: BitPenta.com

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:13:56 AM

This is not suitable if bitcoin users are charged with paying taxes, because all risks are incurred by bitcoin owners in case of theft, and this is very liberating for us, I hope there is no tax payment for bitcoin users.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

Yes to me this is a positive thing because by paying taxes we are contributing to the building of our societies, despite the fact the money doesn't get allocated nearly as correctly. Would like to see blockchains implemented all throughout city hall so communities couldn't spend money so frivolously.

Agree with you! It is a positive thing that government will going to arrange taxes on bitcoin because it will help in the generation of revenues for the development of a certain country, and it is a good sign that the government is accepting bitcoin to be legalized. Taxing bitcoin is one way of helping people that their investments are safe and being far from illegal transactions. We just do hope specially in our country to put reasonable taxes on bitcoin transactions and the tax that is being collected will go to the right place and not being corrupted so that everybody will benefit the good outcome of the projects that is being implemented out from the taxes that are being paid and collected from the people.
karman383

Activity: 384

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:18:07 AM

When the government makes tax regulation on bitcoin, it will be a supporting factor affecting future growth or development of bitcoin in the future. Taxing bitcoin means government accepts btc and we all as btc holders or investors will be in safe position.So let us see and wait future development on this thing because it is very positive and we all hope so.
sadacoin

Activity: 145
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:50:26 AM

I agree with this. The government put taxes on bitcoins. It will make the bitcoin more legal. But it is difficult to apply taxes to bitcoins because we know that bitcoins are anonymous. The government can not manage all of the bitcoins
Well, the government wants to impose tax on Bitcoin. In fact, it proves that the government recognizes the value of Bitcoin and wants to legitimize it. However, this measure will be difficult to implement because Bitcoin transactions are not transparent.
dinnerk

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:09:35 AM

Compared to taxation, I think they are more concerned with regulating Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The current world of cryptocurrencies is too chaotic. Many scams are also filled with false news. Against this, the government is watching and formulating different measures. As for taxation, it may be only one of them. If the exchanges are not restricted, it is impossible to regulate Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: