Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 04:17:43 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-alert.com: get gTalk notifications for prices on mtgox  (Read 2838 times)
rammerhammer

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 12:55:37 AM

Hey guys, I've just finished putting together a site that will send you notifications over gTalk when the markets cross a price you input. Currently only works with Mt. Gox and USD. You can check it out at www.btc-alert.com and read the latest news at blog.btc-alert.com. I plan on adding other exchanges and currencies in the future, as well as an iPhone app with push notifications.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimnul

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 06:04:01 AM

Any chance to get HTTP(S) POST notifications?

UPD: What about connecting by TCP to bitcoincentral live feed at bitcoincharts.com:27007 and getting all exchanges supported at once and in real time?

rammerhammer

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 07:05:09 AM

Any chance to get HTTP(S) POST notifications?

UPD: What about connecting by TCP to bitcoincentral live feed at bitcoincharts.com:27007 and getting all exchanges supported at once and in real time?

What do you mean by POST notifications? Also yes I do plan on using the bitcoincharts feed later on and allowing the user to pick their exchange/currency. Right now, though, they ask that you restrict updates to once every 15min so I'm considering using the individual exchanges' APIs instead.
nimnul

Activity: 255

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 08:24:01 AM

The feed is realtime. The 15 mins restriction applies only to non-realtime bitcoincharts API. The feed support must be much easier implement than a dozen of individual APIs unless you use a lame technology.

By POST notifications I mean the following service:

1) A user enters an HTTP or HTTPS URL on your site and configures alert conditions
2) When the price changes you perform a request to the given URL and pass extra parameters
3) User's web server (e.g. a trade bot) receives the alert
4) PROFIT!!!

rammerhammer

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 06:20:31 PM

Hrm.. interesting. I think I'll add it to the list. iPhone app next though.
rammerhammer

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 06:44:29 PM

Oh I see what you were saying before. There is a realtime server they have over telnet. I might use this, there are some things I need to consider though. Right now the server I have is not realtime and has a delay. Processing these things in realtime I may still need to have a delay just because of server load limitations depending on how big the databases get.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.