Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether - USDT and Using it?  (Read 130 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:58:53 PM

Just a question about Tether. as i see many exchanges offer it to trade with.
I been using LTC and ETHER to do my trades. however i really prefer to just hold my LTC and ETHER more less
is there any exchange or source where i can buy Tether straight as capital? and use USDT to trade with? thanks
or otherwise
tell me if this would be a bad idea? or a good one? thanks

worldtraveller

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reynier

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:02:42 PM

Just a question about Tether. as i see many exchanges offer it to trade with.
I been using LTC and ETHER to do my trades. however i really prefer to just hold my LTC and ETHER more less
is there any exchange or source where i can buy Tether straight as capital? and use USDT to trade with? thanks
or otherwise
tell me if this would be a bad idea? or a good one? thanks

USDT It really does not work anymore. For me it's a bad idea
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

thanks.

worldtraveller
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:57:19 PM

Whooooaaaah, Stay FAR AWAY from USDT.

It's got some pretty major red flags.

The concept is that 1 USDT is supposed to represent 1 actual USD that is held in reserve in some bank account or CD.
The problem is, they have been distributing an insane amount of USDT since the beginning of this year.
According to 1 usdt equals an actual 1 usd, then they are literally creating around 200 MILLION dollars out of thin air.
On top of that, when a reputable auditing firm was looking into their business, tether suddenly cut off their contract with them before the auditing was done, quite fishy yeah?

Wait! There's more!
No one has been able to actually liquidate their usdt.  According to tether, their bank has blocked all international wires as they work on "developing" their platform more.

Scam?  Of course!
But you got to realize that nowadays, even scams can reach the top 20 on coinmarketcap, just look at bitconnect.
That's how crazy the crypto market is.

nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

I'm staying away from USDT.

They can't convince me that USDT is backed 1-to-1 with USD and they are able to mint half a billion in a month just like that...

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
Dremeber

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:29:33 PM

Let's suppose that is indead a scam. What would this mean to the market?
We already had the problem with the Coincheck hack and now we have the possible Tether scam.
Could this really disrupt the market and do crash BTC?
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

I would recommend to limit the USDT use. There are a lot of rumors about the relationship between Bitfinex and Tether, with allegations of money laundering, collusion and fraudulent Tether "printing".
Apekool

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:19:32 AM

I would recommend to limit the USDT use. There are a lot of rumors about the relationship between Bitfinex and Tether, with allegations of money laundering, collusion and fraudulent Tether "printing".

What would prevent Tether to print their own USDT and just use it? There's no process like mining or token distribution we can follow right?

It doesn't really matter if they hold all USD in a safe, when they just print new USDT for themselves. I'm not accusing them, just wondering if that might be possible.

Fantina

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:14:41 AM

please tell me the last time in the news a lot, a lot of talk about the problems usdt , what can you say ?
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:06:13 AM

Please read the messages above in this section. The main thing is already said. Are you not enough of what is written above?
enixon291077

Activity: 316
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:25:34 PM

USDT Trading Pairs Promotion

https://news.kucoin.com/en/usdt-trading-pairs-promotion/
enixon291077

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

New Trading Pair HAV/USDT Is Available on KuCoin

https://news.kucoin.com/en/new-trading-pair-hav-usdt-is-available-on-kucoin/
enixon291077

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

Want more KCS and USDT trading pairs on KuCoin? VOTE FOR IT!

https://news.kucoin.com/en/want-more-kcs-and-usdt-trading-pairs-on-kucoin-vote-for-it/
enixon291077

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:21:58 PM

New Trading Pairs Are Available on KuCoin

OCN/KCS, OCN/USDT, DRGN/KCS, CS/KCS trading pairs on KuCoin!

https://news.kucoin.com/en/new-trading-pairs-are-available-on-kucoin/
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:29:24 PM

I use it because there is no better alternatives, tether is established project and listed on many exchanges, other projects are not popular as tether now, but at least more transparent.

maliha tahir

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:31:56 PM

I utilize it in light of the fact that there is no better options, tie is built up venture and recorded on numerous trades, different tasks are not well known as tie now, but rather at any rate more straightforward.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:02:07 PM

The USDT is very dangerous to trade since these coins are not finite and they are printed as Fiat dollars. And the company tether evades inspections.
Venh

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:03:42 PM

The term is used to fight storms. When the market fluctuates, USDT is the only coin that does not change much in price. So people can keep their money when the market goes down
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:05:25 PM

During the fall of the market, I, just the same, keep my money in USDT, because it is stable. This is the idea of this company, in replacing the dollar on the crypto-exchange
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: