Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone been to Vegas?  (Read 2192 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 02:18:42 AM

Blue Man Group, Old Vegas, Cirque du Soleil, Walking the strip you'll find some good stuff. Depending on what hotel you're at they should have a place where you can sign up for deals on restaurants and shows.

There used to be a booth set up here that offered up all the major coupons:

Century Food Martmore
3041 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Las Vegas Plaza Shopping Center‎
(702) 731-0802

It's across the street from Walgreens on the corner of LV BLVD & Convention Center Dr.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:20:18 AM

Blue Man Group, Old Vegas, Cirque du Soleil, Walking the strip you'll find some good stuff. Depending on what hotel you're at they should have a place where you can sign up for deals on restaurants and shows.

I've been to vegas at least half a dozen times and still haven't seen BLUE MAN GROUP.

Some day...maybe the December Bitcoin conference in Vegas would be a good time to do that.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

my lifetime wih is go to Vegas some day in future and gamble some money Cheesy

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:07:11 PM

During the week I stayed at the Mirage and that was a dream. At the weekends I found a couple of dives: one was a Travelodge and the other was a greasy-spoony sort of raggèd hotel just south of the Strip, over the Interstate highway bridge, where I distinctly remember some crazy guy screaming and kicking walls and bins around one morning while I was gobbling my brekkie! (He didn't seem to be armed, however.) Even those near-Strip/off-Strip dives were overpriced 'cause it's expensive at weekends when all the raff come up from LA to play.

I can second the Travelodge on the strip. It's like the best kept secret on the strip, IMHO. Real dive, but if all your doing is sleeping there, it's one of the best locations, everything is pretty much just a walk away. Nowadays though I could probably afford something a bit nicer, but as someone fresh out of college and going on it cheap, it was great.

Also, Mandelay Bay has pools and often has a few good deals. Plus it's right next to the airport, so when you show up, the taxi or bus ride is dirt cheap comparatively. Also its an equally-quick jaunt to get back to the airport, which can be really helpful if you have some weird departure times and are worried about time. A negative is that it's at one end of the strip, so you're going to be paying the bus fare pretty much every day if you're not up for a lot of walking.

I've seen Cirque du Soleil and Penn & Teller. Being a libertarian, I obviously enjoyed the latter more, but the Cirque show I saw was pretty cool, I'm not going to lie. I am not sure it was worth what I paid, but if you are going with a date, it's going to be your best/safest option. If you're just going to have fun and an enjoyable time, go see Penn & Teller instead and hang out a bit to watch the dancers at the Rio and maybe play some Roulette while you wait.

Also, don't forget to hit a few of the rides at the Stratosphere. Make sure you share your brainwallet info with a loved one before you get on the rides though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: