Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i secure my blockchain wallets private keys  (Read 248 times)
projjal (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:04:28 AM

Hello

Im new in cryptocurrency. I registered on blockchain wallet. Someone told me to secure the private keys in the blockchain wallet. I know this post seems to be very funny for you tech people. But I want to know that, in which option in the blockchain wallet i could get the private key & how can i secure the private key. PLease help me out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:17:26 AM

By blockchain, do you mean blockchain.info?

I don't use it so I have no idea if you can even get a copy of the private keys associated with your account, but there's no point either way. The point of protecting your private key is to keep it only to yourself, and there's no way to do this with online wallets as the service itself has access to them. You can protect your private key perfectly well and still be hacked because you're essentially at the mercy of your service provider.

You should consider setting up a desktop wallet/hardware wallet as they are much safer, and they actually keep your private key private.

RobertoMakeli

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:21:36 AM

Hello

Im new in cryptocurrency. I registered on blockchain wallet. Someone told me to secure the private keys in the blockchain wallet. I know this post seems to be very funny for you tech people. But I want to know that, in which option in the blockchain wallet i could get the private key & how can i secure the private key. PLease help me out.
hacker can hack your wallet key at anytime they want, so I think you should cold storage like Ledger S, search google for more information
serizawax

Activity: 98
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:32:53 AM

I suggest the private key should be stored online (on google drive), and do not memorize it. You also do not just store the private code on the hard drive,SD Card and the like, because offline storage is very vulnerable, can be lost, formatted or other problems.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

No need to worry about your private keys on blockchain, just setup 2fa on your account and always secure your 12 seeds. You cant access your private key from your blockchain wallet, you need use https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ . To check your private keys from your blockchain you need to write your 12 seeds on there. So if your seeds is safe, then your private key will safe too.

Just my personal advice, dont use blockchain to store your coin for long time. Use dekstop wallet or mobile wallet.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
Puff Pastry Hangman

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:23:37 AM

Get a hardware wallet if you have any significant amount, keep your seed very safe in a place only you know about.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:36:21 AM

I don`t really know how to secure you private keys. I guess you should come up with a very reliable key. Strong passwords include letters, numbers, punctuation marks and at least 19 characters in length. Make sure that you never forget your password and store it in a safe place. But remember that if hackers want to crack your wallet, they will do it. That's why it's best to distribute your Bitcoin funds and store the necessary amount, covering your daily expenses, in your mobile or online wallet. Distribution of your funds among several depositories, reduces to zero the possibility of the theft of all your funds for one time.
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:25:15 PM

I secure my private key on the computer and also on the mobile so as not to be lost. I will keep my computer and mobile so as not to get damaged and not lost. if my mobile is borrowed by someone then I will not lend it if he is not a person I know.

bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:53:28 PM

I suggest the private key should be stored online (on google drive), and do not memorize it. You also do not just store the private code on the hard drive,SD Card and the like, because offline storage is very vulnerable, can be lost, formatted or other problems.
Worst advice ever. That is the first and chances are the last moment you will see your crypto if you follow the above advice.

As some other people have suggested, it is easy as ABC: if you want to store some more than very small amounts of money,
A. buy yourself a hardware wallet. Buy it from the original vendor (Ledger or Trezor), not from some eBay reseller, because chances are the eBay guys will scam you.
B. upon arrival, inspect the tamper proof seal.
C. create a 24-word backup wordlist and make sure it is kept safe and never disclosed to anybody

And you will be all right. But read and learn, so you don't do anything that will cost you money!

projjal (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:57:29 PM

Thanks guys for giving me good advice. I guess I have to buy a hardware wallet. 
Skizzewizzie

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:37:26 PM

First rule, never screenshot the keys as a hacker could get to them in your phone and use them to log in. Always write it down someplace safe only you have access to.
blackmagical

Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

there are some way to secure you wallets
1. split your keys to at least 2 pieces and save them at different place
2. enable 2 factor authentication
3. use a clean browser to login
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:07:01 PM

Paper and pen are best options for the OP. Hardware wallet is recommended but if the OP has just entered the market there is no need for the investment into the hardware right away if he doesn't own a large portfolio that needs to be backup-ed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am personally writing every password and information on the paper which I know is the safest wallet that the information can be stored in. Hackers can hack everything in this modern times so even with the fantastical security you can be vulnerable.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:18:37 PM

I i don,t save my private keys online,i always save them offline to avoid mistakes in losing it,i don,t want that ugly express about private keys.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:34:51 PM
Merited by googs84 (2)

You should save it on multiple locations so that it doesn't get lost. You can save it in following places.
1. Google Drive
2. Flash Drive
3. An old laptop which you probably won't use much.
By choosing the 3rd option, your keys won't be exposed to phishing attacks and scammers since the laptop would rarely connect to the internet.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:45:51 PM

Instal a google chrome on your desktop and get a metamask app in a web sotre.
unlock your private key in the metamask, back up a seed and set up your password.
Done! I think your private key is secure.
when you will open your wallet, choose to unlock with metamask Don't unlock your private key in MEW.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

boyptc

Activity: 2968
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:51:17 PM

Keep the 12 word paraphrass / mnemonic words and don't keep expose on the web. That's your recovery words if something goes wrong with your account.

Thanks guys for giving me good advice. I guess I have to buy a hardware wallet. 
You can use hardware wallet to give you better security but the same tips as others here. Don't screenshot your seeds or private keys and don't be so cocky to let others know these words that shouldn't be shared.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sarasofrup

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:07:09 PM

Do not screenshot them, don't keep them on your phone in case your phone gets compromised. Write them down and keep them someplace safe.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:24:50 PM

-snip-
I am personally writing every password and information on the paper which I know is the safest wallet that the information can be stored in. Hackers can hack everything in this modern times so even with the fantastical security you can be vulnerable.
My friend (who worked in cooperation with some auditing company or some other people of that sort) told me, that the first thing they (and any hackers) routinely do upon arrival to any office, they scan monitors and bottom surfaces of desks and search for pieces of paper with written passwords, and usually they find more than a few.

So just to let you know, that most successful hacking nowadays is NOT done by means of breaching highly secured systems, it is rather exploiting human error and vulnerability, such as a human inability to remember a password.

Being at your place I would use KeyPass, rather than write all your passwords somewhere. What if there is a burglary to your home?

jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Have them printed out. Or write them and keep them safely.  In this way you could prevent losing these vital informstions of your wallet
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: