Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN)(PRERELEASE) - parabolas - launching with pools, faucets-YOU can contribute  (Read 9032 times)
x^2 (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 04:33:55 PM

Shall we contact igotspots to open a parabolas spots franchise?

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
x^2 (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

y=x^2 is a parabola

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

Sorry for being inactive, I have been very busy; is there any new news on development?

Thank you to all involved!

A parabola (plural parabolas or parabolae, adjective parabolic, from Greek: παραβoλή) is a two-dimensional, mirror-symmetrical curve.  y = x2
sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:34:30 PM

Well I can help with Pool for sure (as long as i can build the daemon on linux..) and maybe a block explorer it nobody else hosts it.
 Grin

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:58:27 PM

The source is found here, right? In that case we would need to write the hash functions.

However, I see that MARS, RC6, Rijndael (AES), Serpent, Square and Twofish are ciphers. This means that we would need keys. Could someone suggest some keys? Also, what is this Square cipher? (don't tell me you take output=input^2?)

My proposal:

SHA-512 (or 256) -> 16 rounds of ciphering -> SHA-256

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:13:14 AM

The source is found here, right? In that case we would need to write the hash functions.

However, I see that MARS, RC6, Rijndael (AES), Serpent, Square and Twofish are ciphers. This means that we would need keys. Could someone suggest some keys? Also, what is this Square cipher? (don't tell me you take output=input^2?)

My proposal:

SHA-512 (or 256) -> 16 rounds of ciphering -> SHA-256

That is the correct source.  It think square means that the block reward is squared.  My experience in cryptography is limited but I will ask around!
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 01:41:02 AM

I can't believe people are still making scam coins. Yes, setting up the coin to pay off the developers is a scam, it doesn't matter if it's done in a "nice" way.

How can you justify skimming off the top? "The developers deserve to get rewarded for their work!!!!" No. If the developer wants to get paid, he can mine the coin just like everyone else.

If you are actually interested in cryptocoins, you won't be doing search+replace on some other coin, you'll add features that no other coin has. If you were actually putting any work in this at all, you wouldn't be skimming or premining because you'd want the coin to succeed.

If you actually want to help the community, you will be releasing a coin without any scams. What you are proposing for this shitcoin is a scam.

zeus376

Activity: 82
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:43:08 PM

parabola still not there yet?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:31:02 PM

I can't believe people are still making scam coins. Yes, setting up the coin to pay off the developers is a scam, it doesn't matter if it's done in a "nice" way.

How can you justify skimming off the top? "The developers deserve to get rewarded for their work!!!!" No. If the developer wants to get paid, he can mine the coin just like everyone else.

If you are actually interested in cryptocoins, you won't be doing search+replace on some other coin, you'll add features that no other coin has. If you were actually putting any work in this at all, you wouldn't be skimming or premining because you'd want the coin to succeed.

If you actually want to help the community, you will be releasing a coin without any scams. What you are proposing for this shitcoin is a scam.

?
What if the developer doesn't have a mining rig?
The dev fund is just like mining, except it doesn't waste electricity.
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

?
He doesn't need a fund. Can you tell me how many of the coins released in the last 7 months have actually had a "developer" do any development?

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:54:23 PM

?
He doesn't need a fund. Can you tell me how many of the coins released in the last 7 months have actually had a "developer" do any development?

If the dev doesn't have a rig, what is the fairest way to pay him or her?
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:07:54 AM

If the dev doesn't have a rig, what is the fairest way to pay him or her?

There are only a few ways to let developers get coins without mining - premine, taking a cut of every block, taking a cut of some blocks and relying on donations.

The first is extremely frowned upon in the crypto community and would probably harm adoption (unless it is really small, in which case your revenue is almost worthless). The second is what a few other coins are doing, but if we want to do that you could take something like 0.5% instead of the crazy amounts the others are taking. The third is our proposal and is practically identical to the second. The fourth is problematic - in this mining world, margins are everything, so you are not likely to get much donations.

Also, aa: you should go support some other coin with your hashpower if you disagree with a coin's philosophy.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: