Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCZ] BitcoinZ - zkSNARKs 21b max POW-Zhash No-Premine No-Dev Tax  (Read 111694 times)
Trafo

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:40:32 PM

They say there is no "dev fee" on the new Zhash miner. Very kind of them, but it seems to me that a 1% fee to cover some expenses such as exchange fees, development costs and publicity might be an easy way to raise some cash? Most of us are already paying some kind of developers fee on the miner we are using. "Our guys" developed this algo and the coming miner didn't they, so it's only fair that they and the community reap some benefit when other coins start to use it, also. Mining and keeping open wallets and stabilizing the network for the benefit of all would also then raise money for the community and bounties for developers. Who knows who might take an interest in this coin with some greater bounties? Just my thinking out loud here as I haven't seen any discussion anywhere of the possibilities opening up with the creation of this one-off miner. Surely someone will want to upgrade the miner soon and they might as well be paid to get after it ASAP as it would benefit all of us, eh? Not to mention exchange fees and publicity funds that could be raised. Anyone?

The introduction of 1% developer fee / community supporting fee might be a good idea, I would support that.
But what about the "No-Dev Tax" & "All contributors are volunteers" fundamentals? Doesn't it go against these?

--------------------------
BitcoinZ: In Decentralization we Trust

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinZ Community (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 34

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:51:46 PM

Please note - this is NOT a coin fork.  Its a fork to Zhash algorithm.  

You do NOT need to do anything for this (for now) - you can leave your coins in your wallets, just always have your keys / seeds / and wallet files backed-up, as always.

Details on updated wallets and procedures are coming.

Pro_x

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

They say there is no "dev fee" on the new Zhash miner. Very kind of them, but it seems to me that a 1% fee to cover some expenses such as exchange fees, development costs and publicity might be an easy way to raise some cash? Most of us are already paying some kind of developers fee on the miner we are using. "Our guys" developed this algo and the coming miner didn't they, so it's only fair that they and the community reap some benefit when other coins start to use it, also. Mining and keeping open wallets and stabilizing the network for the benefit of all would also then raise money for the community and bounties for developers. Who knows who might take an interest in this coin with some greater bounties? Just my thinking out loud here as I haven't seen any discussion anywhere of the possibilities opening up with the creation of this one-off miner. Surely someone will want to upgrade the miner soon and they might as well be paid to get after it ASAP as it would benefit all of us, eh? Not to mention exchange fees and publicity funds that could be raised. Anyone?

The introduction of 1% developer fee / community supporting fee might be a good idea, I would support that.
But what about the "No-Dev Tax" & "All contributors are volunteers" fundamentals? Doesn't it go against these?

If devs developed a miner, it can be 0% default, but also an option to choose % manually. I would mine at 1-2% for sure. most equihash miners mine at 2% now.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

Yeah I'd support a 1-2% developer donation fee. Since I have 3 mining computers that would be 3-6%.
Good to know that Zhash is coming so soon!

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

Yeah I'd support a 1-2% developer donation fee. Since I have 3 mining computers that would be 3-6%.
That's the most hillarious calculation I have ever seen. Cheesy

On a serious note: I just took a look at the vieo with the explanations. One thing that caught my eye was the 2.5 GB mem requirement. Does that mean that I cannot mine BTCZ on windows with my 1060 3GB card anymore?
BigHarryArmsi

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:30:31 PM

If devs developed a miner, it can be 0% default, but also an option to choose % manually. I would mine at 1-2% for sure. most equihash miners mine at 2% now.
I'm sorry. I forgot/wasn't aware such a dev fee on the new Zhash miner would violate white paper policy. A voluntary fee is one answer if necessary, but I have a feeling that other coins/communities might well use the new miner when they adopt the Zhash algo also and "our guys" and this community should reap the rewards of a dev fee from those outside of BTCZ. We all know that reinvesting in our business is the only way to grow and sustain it and it seems here is an opportunity to create some much needed cash for exchange/publicity purposes.
BigHarryArmsi

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:37:15 PM

On a serious note: I just took a look at the vieo with the explanations. One thing that caught my eye was the 2.5 GB mem requirement. Does that mean that I cannot mine BTCZ on windows with my 1060 3GB card anymore?

Seems basic math isn't the strong suit of either of these posters! Sorry guys...

A 1-2% development fee would be a 1-2% dev fee no matter how many miners you have and as last I checked 2.5gb is still smaller than 3gb so your  3gb 1060 should function just fine, eh?
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Seems basic math isn't the strong suit of either of these posters! Sorry guys...

A 1-2% development fee would be a 1-2% dev fee no matter how many miners you have and as last I checked 2.5gb is still smaller than 3gb so your  3gb 1060 should function just fine, eh?
Well, it's not that simple actually (that's why I wrote "on windows"). Windows takes up several hundered MB of GPU RAM (at least on the GPU where the screens are connected to). So my question was, how "hard" the limit of 2.5 GB is and how it is reflected in GPU RAM consumption.

Or in other words: The ETH DAG is at approx. 2.4 GB right now, but ETH is definitely not minable on 3GB cards on Windows anymore (in contrast to Linux and of course headless systems).

I hope I expressed this clearer now. Wink
BigHarryArmsi

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:47:17 PM

Well, it's not that simple actually (that's why I wrote "on windows"). Windows takes up several hundered MB of GPU RAM (at least on the GPU where the screens are connected to). So my question was, how "hard" the limit of 2.5 GB is and how it is reflected in GPU RAM consumption.

Or in other words: The ETH DAG is at approx. 2.4 GB right now, but ETH is definitely not minable on 3GB cards on Windows anymore (in contrast to Linux and of course headless systems).

I'm hoping it works well for you cuz I'd hate to see you or anyone else have to move on because of the changes. The more the merrier, right? Keep us posted will you?
kemetz

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:57:59 PM

I'm hoping it works well for you cuz I'd hate to see you or anyone else have to move on because of the changes. The more the merrier, right? Keep us posted will you?
yes with consistency it seems we can memeperoleh result more satisfactory.

Kassolari

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:03:04 AM

Did BTCZ got DDOS attack just today ? Whole thing down for few hours ?

Yeah it is super safe.. bla bla bla

2nd - fees are agains whitepaper but now it is all good. But doing other non whitepaper changes is no goog.

Go eat 1 sata.. (coming soon).
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:24:08 AM

What wrong with website btcz.rocks?
I use android wallet . how i can receive coin when folk?

Watch the developers recently published video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zet6Qh7RYE , if you use the official Android wallet, you dont have to do anything.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:27:44 AM

Is there any information about the fork?

There is no fork, there will be an algo update. A fork is when the old chain is supported by someone. If you mine with old software after block number 160,000 (around June 15 or 16) you will be mining on the old chain where your coins will be rejected wherever you send them including your own updated wallet. So make sure you update your mining software before then.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:39:23 AM

This change to the new ZHash algo is great new for BTCz . First off it will knock out the Z9 farms Bitmain has been using to mine-n-dump BTCz and many other Equihash coins down to oblivion. Second, it puts BTCz dev team on the map as the top developers in the equihash world to tackle this issue head on and so quickly.

This algo change is not to be taken lightly. It is an incredibly difficult task. There is just so much coordination to be done between pools, miners, users and exchanges. Many have to come on board and accept the change and update their software even though it may take just a few minutes, many are set up for generic Equihash and this could be additional 3 minutes of work they don't want to do.

It will also knock out Nicehash which is another mine-n-dump piece of shit company that does nothing but mine the most profitable and dump it on vulnerable, low liquidity markets at the lowest possible price.

I have been mining and accumulating and started at 130+ Satoshi when BTC was $17000. I have lost a lot but have averaged my losses by continuously buying. Funny thing is that I hope the price stays low so I have time to transfer cash to coinbase, convert to BTC and move to tradesatoshi and buy more.

I have been in this market since 2013, I took a break after the 2014 crash and made a huge mistake. Many coins trading at pennies like antshares were just like BTCz back then, very few followed them. But they all had one thing in common with BTCz and that was dedicated devs (and followers) who didnt care about daily price and focused on end goal. If BTCz ends up like antshares (NEM) then this project is platinum. If the devs end up doing 100 times worse, then we still have a 1000x upside from here. The current price is a joke.

After the algo change, we are going to see a quick turn around where investors, like myself start gobbling up cheap coins. Right now its just too much, no matter what I buy, Bitmain's Z9 comes back with more dumps.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:41:31 AM

Did BTCZ got DDOS attack just today ? Whole thing down for few hours ?

Yeah it is super safe.. bla bla bla

2nd - fees are agains whitepaper but now it is all good. But doing other non whitepaper changes is no goog.

Go eat 1 sata.. (coming soon).

Cant DDOS a "blockchain". Pools and websites get attacked with DDOS.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:46:05 AM

The point is I won't - this project has no team and no development made.

I think you are not following the news at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zet6Qh7RYE

There is tremendous amount of activity on Discord and Slack. I dont understand why they dont come here on this forum. I guess the young new crypto generation who started after 2017 thinks this forum is a bit for old people lol.

pitt59

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

i think the other guy got this wrong, the no dev fee is pointing to the coin regardless of what miner you use, zcash gets 20 percent of what you mine and you pay an additional 1-2% of dev fee of the miner plus an additional x% of pool fee

on btcz case we dont have the dev fee on just mining the coin but we all pay the dev fee of the miner and the pool fee, this new cash where we change algo to zhash we still dont have that dev fee and to our convenience they also made a miner, point is we are suggesting the devs to put in a 1% dev fee on the miner not on the coin since all miner softwares now have a 1-2% dev fee anyway, but difference for this miner software fee is it can go to us being listed on big exchanges whilst if you use other miner software that fee goes to theyr pockets which is fair enough for the effort they gave

since we are first on zhash expect others to copy it and use the miner so putting in a dev fee for the miner software for the development of btcz is also as fair as why other devs that develop miner softwares do
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 03:55:30 AM

Time to update this and add the ZHash breakthrough technology. The 1st in fighting Equihash ASIC.

Crypto_Hunter_Ivan

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:00:20 AM

any news about New Exchanges?  Huh i hope soon we will hit good price HOLD is the only option in crypto ...lol
okok32

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:12:00 AM

I will not lose my coins after the updates that lie in bitcoinz Wallet??? Do I need to do anything?
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: