Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCZ] BitcoinZ - zkSNARKs 21b max POW-Zhash No-Premine No-Dev Tax  (Read 111698 times)
Overdrive5

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:36:47 AM

NOTICE for GTX 1060 3GB users.

It is very likely Win10 and the new Zhash algo will not be able to work. Something about Win10 using to much memory for itself and not releasing enough for the new algo. Some people are claiming success but most others are not. One rather drastic solution is to revert back to Win7. I am developing a alternative that allows you to keep Win10 intact.

I've been working on a ready to work out of the box Zhasher Micro Linux O/S that will fit on a 4GB or larger USB Flash drive. I am building this to help address the GTX 1060 3GB issue but it will also work on the rest of the Nvidia cards as well. Sorry, AMD is not supported by Zhasher as of yet. Though I hear they are working on it. Whenever that is done, I will release a update. This will enable you to keep your Win 10 install intact. Just pop in the USB and reboot and start mining. You will have to configure a few things on the 1st boot but then after that it should just flat work. I am including a few screen shots of it showing some of the features it has at

http://www.altcap.biz/zhashwin10fix/

There is also a picture from one of the beta testers from discord showing his rig of 6-1060 3GB's running it.

http://www.altcap.biz/zhashwin10fix/1063Working.png

This is a work in progress. I am building it off of a Micro Linux that I have been developing and using for the last year on all my rigs. The whole O/S size is less than 1 Gig so theoretically I'll be able to fit it on a 2GB drive with room to work still. But 4Gb is fine for now.

Ok, So here is the question. Do you think is alright if I set it up to 50% share mining on it for about 15 minutes a day. You and I would split mining shares for the 15 minutes.  The other 23hours 45 minutes are all yours of coarse.  I guess we would kind of call it a dev fee. That would work out to be roughly a 0.5% fee. I would rather do it this way because most pools are PPLNS. I am thinking if you  stop mining on your pool account completely  like most dev fees work, it would be more harmful to your daily earnings.  Rather if you slow down for a period of time while sharing with me would be less harmful as the pool will see you haven't stopped completely. I am asking this before I release it.  If I am getting enough push back on this, I will release it without the fee share. If everyone is OK with it, I will use the fee to further feature enhancement going forward. Some of the thoughts I have are  self monitoring and repair of mining crashing, Have the "option" to activate being able to remote in to the pc via remote desktop, keeping up with new releases, adding other BTCZ miners as they are developed etc. Things like that. So let me have your complete thoughts on this concept.

We would also setup another 15 minutes for the BitcoinZ Community Fund. So they would get a 0.5% donation as well. So your total donation would roughly 1%. Just a reminder, Zhasher is being released with no dev fee.

So check out the pics and let know your thoughts on this.

Overdrive5

P.S. I'll post the current readme file contents in the next post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Overdrive5

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:51:05 AM

Zhasher for Linux Setup Guide in (hopefully) 8 easy steps

Read all of this to get the process clear before you start.

You will need to use etcher to copy the downloaded image to your 4GB or larger USB flash drive.
FYI, You don't have to unzip it before using etcher. They will do it for you and clean up after themselves.
You will need to make sure BIOS is set to boot to usb BEFORE hard drive

Process these icons in sequential order

This Linux will come out of the box ready to DHCP to a Ethernet port.
If it sees the connection you will see the Internet icon in the lower right corner go from black to to green within 15-30 seconds upon desktop display.
If it does, hover your mouse pointer over the icon and you should see your local IP address. Probably something like 192.168.blah.blah.
If it is, you are good to skip the 1st step. If not, start with step 1.

1st Connect To Internet -Be sure and thoroughly read all the dialog boxes.  Should be pretty much self explanatory.

2nd ResetNvidiaXorg.sh - This is a quick script. No interaction necessary. Go to Step 3 afterwards.

3rd Reboot2SaveSettings.sh - Again very quick to start shutting down. It is best to use USB 3.0 drives and ports.
USB 2.0 will work but will be somewhat slower. USB 1.x Really?!? See you next week! LOL!

4th EditZhasher.sh - Do this to modify your Zhasher commandline for your wallet.worker name, pool and port number.
Also adjust -cd for the number of GPU's you have. (I.E 6 GPU's use -cd 0 1 2 3 4 5 )  It comes out of the box setup to mine the testnet.
Which is testable until around June 16th 2018

5th TestZhasherWorks.sh - This should run Zhasher in a terminal screen (Command Prompt Screen).
It should start producing Sols/s results fairly quickly if everything is set correct so far.

6th StopZhasherTest.sh - This will shut down the test so we can activate the Auto Mine On Boot method.

7th ActivateZhasherOnBoot.sh This will activate Auto Mine On Boot. No interaction necessary. Go to step 8 afterwards.

8th Reboot2ActivateAndEnjoy.sh - Reboot and to Save Your Setup and Get Working! Enjoy!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:08:17 AM

It is very likely Win10 and the new Zhash algo will not be able to work. Something about Win10 using to much memory for itself and not releasing enough for the new algo. Some people are claiming success but most others are not. One rather drastic solution is to revert back to Win7. I am developing a alternative that allows you to keep Win10 intact.

I've been working on a ready to work out of the box Zhasher Micro Linux O/S that will fit on a 4GB or larger USB Flash drive. I am building this to help address the GTX 1060 3GB issue but it will also work on the rest of the Nvidia cards as well. Sorry, AMD is not supported by Zhasher as of yet. Though I hear they are working on it. Whenever that is done, I will release a update. This will enable you to keep your Win 10 install intact. Just pop in the USB and reboot and start mining. You will have to configure a few things on the 1st boot but then after that it should just flat work. I am including a few screen shots of it showing some of the features it has at

There is also a picture from one of the beta testers from discord showing his rig of 6-1060 3GB's running it.

This is a work in progress. I am building it off of a Micro Linux that I have been developing and using for the last year on all my rigs. The whole O/S size is less than 1 Gig so theoretically I'll be able to fit it on a 2GB drive with room to work still. But 4Gb is fine for now.

Ok, So here is the question. Do you think is alright if I set it up to 50% share mining on it for about 15 minutes a day. You and I would split mining shares for the 15 minutes.  The other 23hours 45 minutes are all yours of coarse.  I guess we would kind of call it a dev fee. That would work out to be roughly a 0.5% fee. I would rather do it this way because most pools are PPLNS. I am thinking if you  stop mining on your pool account completely  like most dev fees work, it would be more harmful to your daily earnings.  Rather if you slow down for a period of time while sharing with me would be less harmful as the pool will see you haven't stopped completely. I am asking this before I release it.  If I am getting enough push back on this, I will release it without the fee share. If everyone is OK with it, I will use the fee to further feature enhancement going forward. Some of the thoughts I have are  self monitoring and repair of mining crashing, Have the "option" to activate being able to remote in to the pc via remote desktop, keeping up with new releases, adding other BTCZ miners as they are developed etc. Things like that. So let me have your complete thoughts on this concept.

We would also setup another 15 minutes for the BitcoinZ Community Fund. So they would get a 0.5% donation as well. So your total donation would roughly 1%. Just a reminder, Zhasher is being released with no dev fee.

Overdrive5

Personally I think its fine what you suggest. You have a lot of time invested in development. If its a good and useful product and allows others to make money you should reward yourself a little  Wink 

And glad your taking into account the PPLNS factor... that's always been a concern

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
lucam74

Activity: 74
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:27:36 AM

Hey, dev's
 I like the construction of this business!
brooklynite1

Activity: 630

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 05:28:25 AM

You will need to use etcher to copy the downloaded image to your 4GB or larger USB flash drive.
FYI, You don't have to unzip it before using etcher. They will do it for you and clean up after themselves.

If it sees the connection you will see the Internet icon in the lower right corner go from black to to green within 15-30 seconds upon desktop display.
If it does, hover your mouse pointer over the icon and you should see your local IP address. Probably something like 192.168.blah.blah.

1st Connect To Internet -Be sure and thoroughly read all the dialog boxes.  Should be pretty much self explanatory.

2nd ResetNvidiaXorg.sh - This is a quick script. No interaction necessary. Go to Step 3 afterwards.

3rd Reboot2SaveSettings.sh - Again very quick to start shutting down. It is best to use USB 3.0 drives and ports.
USB 2.0 will work but will be somewhat slower. USB 1.x Really?!? See you next week! LOL!

4th EditZhasher.sh - Do this to modify your Zhasher commandline for your wallet.worker name, pool and port number.
Also adjust -cd for the number of GPU's you have. (I.E 6 GPU's use -cd 0 1 2 3 4 5 )  It comes out of the box setup to mine the testnet.

5th TestZhasherWorks.sh - This should run Zhasher in a terminal screen (Command Prompt Screen).
It should start producing Sols/s results fairly quickly if everything is set correct so far.

6th StopZhasherTest.sh - This will shut down the test so we can activate the Auto Mine On Boot method.

7th ActivateZhasherOnBoot.sh This will activate Auto Mine On Boot. No interaction necessary. Go to step 8 afterwards.

8th Reboot2ActivateAndEnjoy.sh - Reboot and to Save Your Setup and Get Working! Enjoy!

Thank you! I think you deserve the small dev fee!

lefte

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:36:03 AM

As I see, you say no fork, so I guess it is not a bitcoin fork. Then why are you using the bitcoin name? Is there a certain reason?
Also I saw that there is no ICO. Are you planning an airdrop for the first coins or it is only minable?
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:07:50 AM

Overdrive5

That's a damn shame about Win10, I will have to install Win7 as I have no interest in using Linux. Nor I know how to use it.

About that dev fee, yes I would absolutely be ok with it.
I don't speak for everyone, I'm sure some will resist to it, but those people need a reality check. If they are mining this coin then they are interested in keeping it alive. 1% dev fee is basically nothing and most other miners have a much larger dev fee. But it will help developers a lot.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:30:43 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 08:03:15 AM by CarlOrff

As I see, you say no fork, so I guess it is not a bitcoin fork. Then why are you using the bitcoin name? Is there a certain reason?
Also I saw that there is no ICO. Are you planning an airdrop for the first coins or it is only minable?
BTCz is not a Bitcoin blockchain fork (no coins for BTC owners), but it is a sources fork (program sources are modified sources from BTC).
The project use Bitcoin name because it is like Bitcoin, but with privacy respect and the possibility of at least one BTCz per person in the world (7.5*10^9 peoples in the world and 21*10^9 posible BTCz, versus 21*10^6 possible BTC).
No ICO, no AirDrop. To have this coin, you have to invest in it : by the mining costs (hardware, electricity, knowledge) or, more simple, by buy in an exchange.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
dafatboy

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:36:00 PM

When will this be ready? I am happy to pay the dev fee if u have a simple out of the box solution.
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

The development process of this coin is very similar to Bitcoin. The devs take no fees. There is no ICO. There is no airdrop and its not a FORK with free airdrop. You can read more about it here: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@brooklynite/btcz-and-how-it-is-a-distinguished-crytocurrency-bitcoinz-or-bitcoin-2-0/

BTCz has no chain fork from any coins. No one got any airdrops.

The source code was originally derived from ZCash so thast it includes privacy. So the original code is Equihash and the addresses look similar to all other Equihash coins. After block 160,000 the mining algo is changing to ZHash so it will be mined differently that ZCash (ZEC).

ZCash team apparently decided to let ASICs tear apart their mining process and push GPUs out. BTCz team decided to change the algo to disable the ASICs. The issue with ASICs is that the initial cost is high and resale value is ZERO so miner just mine and dump hoping to get the equipment paid off , they never do, so they impact the cost of the coin. In my opinion Bitmain has been raping all Equihash coins in this matter since Feb as profits significantly dropped and difficulty went up a lot. 2 months later they claimed they are for sale and they will shop them in June. So they go 4 great months of mining for themselves and they will shop out the carefully used in cleanrooms, used ASICs, as new, to the buyers who will have to mine-n-dump hoping to get their initial money back. Bitmain is also notorious about having secret software hardcoded to mine for Bitmain so if you buy a Z9 its probably 30KSols but gives you 10K and the 20KSol is mining for them. This is more evident as @Inno-Miner came out with A9 that does 50K with 5x hashrate for twice the watts, so that tells me Bitmain's Z9 is also producing 25-30KSol but most of it is hidden from the end user. Its like installing a trojan horse in your home using your electricity for Jihan Wu's pocket. It's wild wild west with governments not regulating anything.

The other issue with ASICs is that once you alienate the tens of thousands of GPU miners for hundreds of ASIC miners, you are losing users. User count is what matters most in Crypto more than anything. Adoption comes second.

Exchanges are almost irrelevant in the success of a coin but many push for more exchanges. more exchanges bring more liquidity. Those who want more exchanges do are typically the ones with a lot of airdrop coins who want to dump without impacting the market price by much. Bitcoin has been listed on many exchanges and it continues to drop. BTCP got listed on a large exchange and has continued to drop since then. Coinbene did a lot of damage to BTCz as we dropped from $0.004 to $0.002 when they said they wont list BTCz.

TheAnnoyer

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:43:03 PM

Fork coming soon with 144, 5 parameters.

Do not know if this posted before:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4466962.0

EWBF is back - bigger and brighter.
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:48:35 PM

Very good news, thank you.

EWBF is back and with the ZHash support (new BTCZ algo) !!!
Someone test on testnet ?

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:11:50 PM

Wait, EWBF released a ZHash miner??

Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:28:18 PM

Well, ZHash is actualy equihash 144.5 (different parameters,but still equihash). It is not BTCZ-unique.
AFAIK, same algo will use BTG and few more coins, so we can again face ASICs (if Bitmain or other company judge it is profitable to make it). IMO only some rare algos that are used by small coins are safe, like Timetravel10 (used only for Bitcore) or x16s (Pigeon), but they can be easy "pray" for FPGA if someone decide that it's profitable to pay programmer to make FPGA mining software for that algo.

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

Well, ZHash is actualy equihash 144.5 (different parameters,but still equihash). It is not BTCZ-unique.
AFAIK, same algo will use BTG and few more coins, so we can again face ASICs (if Bitmain or other company judge it is profitable to make it). IMO only some rare algos that are used by small coins are safe, like Timetravel10 (used only for Bitcore) or x16s (Pigeon), but they can be easy "pray" for FPGA if someone decide that it's profitable to pay programmer to make FPGA mining software for that algo.

BTG has 100,000 coins premined for the devs. It's not really a fair distribution. BTCz has nothing premined for the devs, similar to BTC.

Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:45:41 PM

Let's be open - BTG is scam from the start. Wink
But that is not the point. Main point is that if there is enough coins with equihash 144.5 , it would be profitable for ASIC company to create ASIC for that algo. Scam or not, BTG, BTCP, nevermind.... ASIC can mine them and can dump same day and that's all they care about.

In order to be safe from ASICs, it is important for coin to be non-profitable for company to make ASIC for your algo.

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:46:48 PM

So I kind of requested Claymore to help us with a miner:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.new#new

TeamCyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

Wait, EWBF released a ZHash miner??

YES! EWBF actually came out and updated his miner to cover BTCz new algo the 144.5

Kassolari

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

Whats up with 10 BTC ? Where are they?
Overdrive5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

So, ewbf has released a new miner. He has a good track record of good Kung Fu. Don't know if this is as good though. He claims faster. But to early to know if stable or not. My problem is I'm running out of time here. Arrgghhh! His timing totally sucks though! I'm trying to get the ZhasherOS released! LIKE NOW!!! I can't support both on the next release.  Both will be included but only one supported out of the box. We KNOW Zhasher is working here and now. I don't own a 1060 3GB to confirm ewbf works or not. I really need someone linux aware with a 1060 3GB to download it and verify.  And also some big GTX cards as well. And I need it QUICK!!! Can anybody help. Otherwise I feel it is better to release with a known working image. I know I'm  new here. But PLEASE HELP if you can! We got 2 days and the users will have to download,burn and configure to be ready before the switch.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: