Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin dropped by $2k  (Read 1207 times)
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:46:15 PM

I do not think such a thing would happen, because the possibility is very small to make the bitcoin price back to $ 2000 and I think if the bitcoin price will go down at least the bitcoin price reaches only $ 6000.

Bitcoin $9,800 now   Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sollahp

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:49:23 PM

I do not think such a thing would happen, because the possibility is very small to make the bitcoin price back to $ 2000 and I think if the bitcoin price will go down at least the bitcoin price reaches only $ 6000.

Bitcoin $9,800 now   Grin

the risk that bitcoin can bring and risk it about 2,000 usd.
Bitcoin's blockchain technology loses its appeal
The value of Bitcoin really lies in the blockchain technology. Over time, this technology is constantly being upgraded to increase security. This is a series of virtual currency in the world to compete with Bitcoin. Although Bitcoin still holds the upper hand, 150 new organizations around the world recently tested a new Blockchain version of Ethereum. This is a highly rated protocol that will change the game in the virtual currency world. So Bitcoin may lose its appeal in the near future.
My personal opinion!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

One explanation is that the Mt Gox bankruptcy trustee is dumping a lot of BTC and BCH in the exchanges right now. According to available reports, the trustee is still in the possession of close to BTC168,000 and similar number of BCH.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:04:55 PM

I think not, it's the people who are selling the bitcoin that's why its value is dropping today. If they can't log-in like what you have stated it means it's on hold right? No access = no transaction.

I also agree with you, I think the same thing. it's those people who are always in panic when the price  of bitcoin drops a bit , they are selling their bitcoins for the reason that they are afraid that bitcoin will go down to its bottom in which I don't think it will.happen.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:11:36 PM

As all of you know that the value dropped from a solid $11.5k to $9.5 recently. Could BitMex, the trading platform for bitcoin on other cryptos, where some users who had difficulty logging into its platform be one of the reasons for it? 

I think you are referring to Binance. They already acknowledge hack, but its not a like the whole trading platform is hack. Some who is using some kind of bot have found some exploits. That's why they halted withdrawals to investigate and assess the damage.

Yes, the downtrend has something to do with this news. But they keep on updating its customers to control the damage. Unfortunately, there still another negative news about SEC announcing that exchanges must register with them. This has contributed to this bloodbath I supposed.

They were not hacked. First of all this was a different kind of hack, the actual hacking took place in last 2 months and targeted various users by phishing and stealing their login details after that they saved their APIs only to try use them yesterday to pump other coin and after that cash out their own coins, which they did not do because Binance had security measures in place which blocked these transactions to appear.
Hovhannes

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:15:50 PM

I think that there is no panic in the market. The price dropped because the Hackers stole the API keys of Binance accounts, and actively sold the assets of other users. I think the price will rise soon.

fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:19:46 PM

The recent drop we're experiencing is due to the dramas and issues revolving around the cryptosphere, same scenario as last year. Understanding the volatility of bitcoin, it is somehow discouraging to invest in a downtrend of BTC price, but if you will look at the bigger picture, for long term, it is a good opportunity to buy more BTC at a discounted price. Plan your entry point and look for signs of reversal.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

As all of you know that the value dropped from a solid $11.5k to $9.5 recently. Could BitMex, the trading platform for bitcoin on other cryptos, where some users who had difficulty logging into its platform be one of the reasons for it? 

That aint the problem here. If they're having difficulty to log in then it will not affect price of since the bitcoin is on hold. I really think that FUDs are always the main reason of the token dips however it also beneficial to the traders since we are able to buy cheap coins during dips.
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:30:12 PM

I think that there is no panic in the market. The price dropped because the Hackers stole the API keys of Binance accounts, and actively sold the assets of other users. I think the price will rise soon.

I hope your right lol. I feel like if the price keeps going down then even some of the best holders will begin to sell which will set in even more panic tanking the price even more.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:39:02 PM

The recent drop we're experiencing is due to the dramas and issues revolving around the cryptosphere, same scenario as last year. Understanding the volatility of bitcoin, it is somehow discouraging to invest in a downtrend of BTC price, but if you will look at the bigger picture, for long term, it is a good opportunity to buy more BTC at a discounted price. Plan your entry point and look for signs of reversal.
We always experience this kind of situation about bitcoin price drops. It could go even lower or this time will not so a lot of issues happen this time. A normal situation rather in bitcoin that fluctuations should expected. Yes a good chance to buy bitcoin because of the value goes down.
First77

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:42:50 PM

that's no panic ?? 
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:53:20 PM

For me let's just wait for the perfect timing. We all know that Bitcoin still have some dips this early year but let's just hope and be patient for the price to rise up again. For you to be able to jump higher, you need to bend your knees. If the price drops, don't be discourage but instead take this opportunity to invest additional coins and then hold until you have reached the desired income. Just think that dips are normal in trading and this is our change to buy more Bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:14:20 PM

One explanation is that the Mt Gox bankruptcy trustee is dumping a lot of BTC and BCH in the exchanges right now. According to available reports, the trustee is still in the possession of close to BTC168,000 and similar number of BCH.

Correct, but I don't know the timing is really bad. He could have waited a few more days before selling. I guess he needed to llquidate it today. Sadly the effect has rippled already and the market is now southside.

Maybe we may see bitcoin going at $8k. But I do think that there will be resistance at $7K and $6K that it will not go further below that price.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:59:11 PM

I think the reason for the slight downfall,  as I would call it,  is that fact there a lot of people who are selling their bitcoins because of panic. The panic sell because they believe the price of bitcoin could go worst than its current price and believe that they have to sell at the current price in order to avoid loss.
However, it's not advisable to panic sell during the dumps of bitcoin. It is certain that no matter how tragic the downfall maybe,  there is a high chance the price will skyrocket back even going beyond its previous price.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:25:47 AM

some users who had difficulty logging into its platform be one of the reasons for it? 
No it's not the reason why bitcoin is dropping. Many are taking their money and profits gone out to bitcoin and that's the reason why the price dropped dramatically. But there are also connection with exchanges when bitcoin is dropping and one of it is the recent news about Binance being hacked but it's all good again so we should expect that this drop will be ending up soon but there's no exact date or time when it will happen. The charts are still bloody but percentage went low.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
First77

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:07:29 AM

No it's not the reason why bitcoin is dropping. Many are taking their money and profits gone out to bitcoin and that's the reason why the price dropped dramatically.

Yes. Game Over. Look at 7 safest investments
Meuh5598i

Activity: 248
Merit: 110

#epigencare #ICO https://ico.epigencare.com/

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:14:04 AM

I think btc will halt on 6k and than it will grow to 10k by the middle of the next month. And gonna keep its value of near about 10000 somewhat.
What ever the news is..it happened for a reason on purpose and every year this will happen.
Dont believe in cryptoes just take the opportunity out of it. Make the move at the right time.

Meuh5598i

Activity: 248
Merit: 110

#epigencare #ICO https://ico.epigencare.com/

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:17:26 AM

some users who had difficulty logging into its platform be one of the reasons for it? 
No it's not the reason why bitcoin is dropping. Many are taking their money and profits gone out to bitcoin and that's the reason why the price dropped dramatically. But there are also connection with exchanges when bitcoin is dropping and one of it is the recent news about Binance being hacked but it's all good again so we should expect that this drop will be ending up soon but there's no exact date or time when it will happen. The charts are still bloody but percentage went low.

Totally agreed. Hod the coins. Panic sell wont lead to any good. I will keep saying not to trust cryptos though. But one should understand the true potentiality of btc by relying on its record.

nani culi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:31:39 AM

bitcoin discount 2k is not something so unexpected, look at the past that it has fallen 4k, 5k at the time the news is not good and I do not worry
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:59:19 AM

Totally agreed. Hod the coins. Panic sell wont lead to any good. I will keep saying not to trust cryptos though. But one should understand the true potentiality of btc by relying on its record.
Why shouldn't we trust crypto then we are investing on it? Why would you hold if you are not trusting it then?  You won't trust bitcoin then you'll say that it has the true potential.
Yes. Game Over. Look at 7 safest investments
Game over? What are you talking about? Elaborate these 7 safest investments.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀