Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone walk me through IPO process?  (Read 1170 times)
icedicedavid (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Ice-Dice.com | Massive Referral Bonus!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 08:41:44 AM

https://Ice-dice.com is considering offering an IPO to raise some fund for the bankroll and hire some marketing to grow the site. The site launched 3 weeks ago and it's been growing steadily with good feedbacks from both users and investors. Now we are thinking of taking it to the next step and doing an IPO. I'm not familiar with the way bitcoin companies IPO, can someone send me some info on how it's done?

Some of my questions are:
- How do we issue shares to sell?
- How do we keep track of who has how many shares?
- How do we pay dividends?
- How do we buy back shares?
- How do we list on bitcoin stock exchanges?
- What is a good bitcoin stock exchange?
- What are some of the pros and cons of IPO and selling shares?

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 09:15:30 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 09:41:00 AM by Rannasha

Shares are just entries in a ledger/database. Once you've picked your IPO-platform/exchange, they can be made to appear out of thin air.

If you use an exchange, they keep track for you. If you maintain the ledger yourself ("direct" shares, ASICMiner-style), you can use whatever you like: post-it notes, an Excel spreadsheet, a custom written application, etc...

Exchanges have options to issue dividends. Load coin into the issuer-account and go for the dividend option. For direct shares, just transfer the appropriate amount of coin to the bitcoin addresses you have on file for your shareholders.

Use the trading options of the exchange for regular market buybacks. For direct shares, transfer the coin to the registered bitcoin addresses of shareholders and update your ledger.

Differs per exchange. There is typically a fee associated with listing and you'll have to submit a detailed prospectus.

Bitfunder and Havelock are the primary choices. Recently, Bitfunder announced that it will no longer be available for US investors and there are concerns regarding the long-term future of the exchange. Havelock has not made any statements on the matter of US investors (other than that they're consulting a legal team).

Pros: Gain additional coin for business operations. This allows the business to expand or become more efficient.
Cons: Reduced profits for the current shareholders (= the owner(s)/creator(s)). Greatly increased need for transparancy and reporting.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:17:46 AM

https://Ice-dice.com is considering offering an IPO to raise some fund for the bankroll and hire some marketing to grow the site. The site launched 3 weeks ago and it's been growing steadily with good feedbacks from both users and investors.

Basically, at this point you don't IPO. Should you develop a full business plan, an accessible reputation such as can be verified by the WoT, and so forth, you can either do a great deal of reading to understand how IPOs work and what steps you'll need to take, or else retain the services of someone able to impart these things to you professionally.

That'd be how you can actually approach doing an IPO as an actual bitcoin business. There'll probably never be a dearth of cheap and easy ways to fake-IPO with the sunshine and lollipops du jour tho'. Best of luck to you, congrats on your feedback an' all.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
enderbender

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 01:09:03 PM

https://Ice-dice.com is considering offering an IPO to raise some fund for the bankroll and hire some marketing to grow the site. The site launched 3 weeks ago and it's been growing steadily with good feedbacks from both users and investors. Now we are thinking of taking it to the next step and doing an IPO. I'm not familiar with the way bitcoin companies IPO, can someone send me some info on how it's done?

Some of my questions are:

like the lady says, leave these worries to someone that knows what theyre doing

the forum at large sure aint the place to hunt for answers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: