Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is still better than BTH?  (Read 171 times)
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

The correct ticker for BitcoinCash is BCH.

I think this "which is better" argument needs to come to a stop from all of us in the crypto community.

Instead of harping on the differences, which will be an ongoing and endless battle bcause those who are pro BCH will argue to the end of the world thant it's better than BTC and vice versa.

How about we all try something different, we embrace and accept the fact that okay... so we have a fork of Bitcoin, it can not be undone, it is what it is. BCH is here to stay,  Mama and Papa Blockchain hooked up and shagged, they made BCH... Papa Blockchain did a runner and said fck that shit...I didn't want the little b@stard, Mama Blockchain now raises it little BCH as a single mother...

Now I suggest that all of us that are on the Papa Blockchains train, come to terms with the fact that no matter what we say or do this is still our kid, we can deny it as much as we want but DNA results prove it (The Blockchain doesn't lie). So we need to suck it up and realize that with the "family" being split it is actually counterproductive, we have enough people out that would love nothing better than to see the death of crypto, we have enemies with deep pockets and unlimited resources. Divided we are weak, together we can stand strong.

If WE ALL just accept both coins and realize that we can use BCH for smaller transactions, like buying a cup of coffee and then use BTC for larger transactions like buying a car or house or whatever.  Adopt the same mentality we already have with different denominations of bank notes.. if you going to buy car for cash, it doesn't make sense to pay for a $1000 car with 1000 x $1 notes now does it?... instead 10 x $100 would be better. Does it mean that 1000 x $1 are worth less? No it just means for that transaction it made sense to use the $100 notes... then on the flip side of you happen to be in vegas, then right opposite the Aria hotel on the strip you will see a 99c beer sign outside one of the supermarkets. If you buying 1 beer doesn't really make sense to pay with $100 note does it? ... instead, you would use a $1 note.

Why can we not adopt the same mentality to BTC and BCH and just stop the hating for once and for all???

Sorry man I don't want to generate a fight between BCH lovers and BTC lovers. I only want to understand the real differences between this two cryptocurrencies, and clearly way. In your opinion, on future, which of this two will raise more? ...cause I'm a little investor and newbie and it is quite difficult to cream off informations.

Hey bud,

Totally understandable, I know you were not deliberately trying to start a BCH vs BTC battle...haha Smiley

I think if you are going in small, make sure you are investing money that you can afford to lose!. Money that you can write off, basically don't use money that you can't afford to lose. Then also, watching the market furiously every day for spikes and dips will drive you insane.... Smiley - I'm not going to say which one will raise more money, because in all honesty....I don't think anyone can answer that with absolute certainty. Sure we can speculate but for whatever I may speculate there would be a counter speculation, and either of us could be right. The best thing for you to do is to deep dive on research, you will get conflicting stories and opinions from everyone. Do you own research, understand what the differences are between the two coins from a tecnical perspective, then you decide which one you feel more comfortable with OR if you cant decide then spread your investment 50% in BTC adn 50% on BCH  (Assuming those are the only 2 currencies you are looking at investing in bcos thats what your thread is about)
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:37:30 PM

The biggest advantage of Bitcoin Cash were lower fees due to 8 times bigger blocksize. Bitcoin Cash transactions fees were lower than Bitcoin's for quite a long time but now thanks to the latest Electrum and Bitcoin Core updates SegWit adaptation surged. Transactions fees on Bitcoin are really cheap. It costs about 1 sat/b to get your transaction through after a few blocks. I think it is pretty safe to assume that currently Bitcoin Cash has not benefits over Bitcoin for now. Bitcoin is more valuable, supports SegWit and it looks like Lightning Network will also work very soon.
I really support your argument. Bitcoincash only had advantage over bitcoin due to lower transaction fees; but not now. I still believe BTC is still better than BCH
v_Harley

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:43:59 PM

Of course, BTC is better. BTC is one of the best choices for long-term investment, but BCH is only a branch of cryptocurrency.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: