Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Richest profession or hobby in the future of bitcoin?  (Read 297 times)
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:44:00 PM

Hacking cryptocurrencies cannot be a profession, because it should be very hard, if not impossible to hack. There were only just a few successful hacks, so you can't do it as a job. Although, just one successful hack would be enough for the rest of your life. But of course it's the exchange's duty to make sure that does not happen. They make a lot of money, so they have to do everything to prevent such criminal actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:05:22 PM

When you are running a company with the aide of digital technology you have to be careful while dealing with your clients money and it is not a big wonder that hackers are behind big exchanges to find any loopholes and there is a possibility to get away will millions of dollars and the exchanges have to be careful about that,we have seen many hacks and it will keep on coming,i am not sure if anyone lost any money with Binance till now,only time will tell what the truth is.
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:16:18 PM

Profession? Is thievery a profession/hobby? Unless these hackers work against thieves I wouldn't call it a profession or hobby. It can be indeed very profitable if the hacker is skilled, but it never ends well when you take something that doesn't belong to you, there are serious consequences not only on the human law's sphere, but in a superior sphere as well.

Temporarily these thieves can think they are very successful, and they will indeed enjoy this money and their status, but on long term they will surely regret about doing this... Unfortunatelly, I believe in the future virtual crimes will become more common and it will help to spread fear among people when dealing with Crypto-Currency.
Stealing is not good at harming others, jobs that cannot be done by good people, stealing is not a hobby but a crime and worse than throwing garbage on the street, I agree with opinions, which are not allowed and strictly forbidden to enter the business world like cryptocurrencies, the issue is detrimental to the people can even harm the hacker, the rich need to struggle and not steal

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:22:40 PM

Well that depends if you wanted a legal profession / hobby or anything that will get you rich. Hacking binance will make you a zillionaire but that would be difficult as i'm sure they would have cold storage for their coins so would need to be there physically to access them. You'd be rich, but also you might end up in prison so not worth it
NextWorldChamp

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:25:04 PM

Accessing a server where unencrypted private keys are stored (which I expect exchanges DO NOT STORE) or accessing the decryption algorithms as well as the storage could be the only real threats an exchange can be exposed to.

Also a DNS attack like what happened in etherdelta is a possibility however any average webmaster should be able to detect and mitigate such threat
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

Hacking or being a hacker isn't a profession. Do you think robbery shall be called a profession?
And those robbers shall be called as professionals? No it's not the richest profession.
Robbers are everywhere, corrupt people, easy money that makes them rich.
But their money will be gone easily, believe me.

Hacking is a profession. There are two types of hackers. I guess you just focused more on the unethical hacker. You forgot about the white hats ( ethical hackers ) that helps government develop system securities.

This would support it.
https://www.quora.com/Is-hacking-a-profession
Hey cotton guy thanks for clearing that. Yes I'm only focused with the bad side of hacking.
I nearly forgot that there are white hat hackers that are also helping to make security tighter.
But for those unethical robbers/hackers, it's not a profession or if it is. It's a profession of a lazy person.

Your're welcome. I agree with you. They want to get rich real quick by stealing money but I don't think they are lazy cos it will take some time and planning to be able to successfully hack someone or an exchange site.
They are still lazy, people who are stealing money of others are lazy.
They don't want to work in a fair way and just taking money quickly so they can also be called as lazy.
Even they plan and taking some time for it, they have bad plans and want money without any sweat.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███