Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the way to understand scam ICO?  (Read 344 times)
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:16:05 PM

Scam ICOs will make a prpmise about everything but you get nothing in the end. It is the same as investing on anything that does not have any means of returning what is right for you. To avoid these, conduct some proper research with the projects that you are interested in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tanmoy98

Activity: 325
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:24:07 AM

To understand scam ico firstly you have to check their website.Then you will check their roadmap and whitepaper.Also check the activity of the team members in social media.Then you will understand it.  Cool
RushKing

Activity: 192
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:30:31 AM

They will get your attention that will said that they will gaurantee bigger return when you invest and also give you false information but if you done your research you can exclude those scam and avoid being a milking cow to them
tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:42:51 AM

with increasing no of icos there are so many scam icos. for differentiating good one and scams you must be a better researcher. don't depend on websites/ico reviews and other posts on the web. based on your research. I will tell you how to identify good ico with an example.my example is cvproof ico.
cvproof is an ico based on job market.it connects job seekers and human resource managers via a website called cvproof.com.first of all you have to study white paper
https://www.cvproof.com/white-paper.html
after studying whitepaper you can realize whether its real project with ground level value or another shit concept.always choose only projects with brand new ideas.next important thing is the team.see the team involved with cvproof..all are well-known experts with talent. another thing if its a real project it must have a website and other social media links. these are only basic study more about this whitepaper and cvproof is a typical example of good ico
happy future

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

It depends on what you identify as a SCAM.

They take your money and fail, which has 96% probability, is not always a SCAM.

Let us define SCAM as a deliberate act, evil intent. The best way to avoid it is to scan the team. Are they real? Do they have corresponding experience? It's better to gather feedback on them - just write to somebody on Linkedin who knows them. Once I wrote developer of the ICO and he said: "oh, it is a bullshit, they do only marketing and no development at all, thanks for reaching out to me and reminding, I should exclude this from my resume". Check Github as well. Are there any regular essential updates?

However, sometimes I see the level of goodwill incompetence that is worth naming SCAM as well.
Hudora

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

You need to look at the very structure of the ICO project, investors and sponsors. If you can not find any mention of these people before, then be wary.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:01:55 AM

I can tell one think, all ICO which himself find you its scam.
Really good projects dont need ads, hes tokens sold out on presale

lovly

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:10:48 AM

to know the project failed or always we say scam ICO thats can not predict it early but if want to invest in good ICO  we have to thoroughly examine the ICO program and the product to be generated whether it will be accepted in the global market. research and learn about whitepaper, roadmap, the team work and marketing promotion. and who is the Bounty Manager.

QUIZANDO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ QUIZANDO
https://quizando.io/
LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:17:20 AM

At the end of the day, it's just research.

You can even research the million articles and guides on how to avoid scam ICOs. Grin
CoinsInvest9

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:07:40 PM

We see many scam ICO bounties in the forum. But there is no way to understand what is Scam, which is not Scam. Is it possible to catch anything by following it?  Huh
It’s really not easy for one to identify whether Ico a scam, if it’s easy I can say for sure that all of us can get lots of benefits. I think the way to know which ico scams ,it depends much on every people experience. I’ve seen some way to identify, firstly you can know that it’s scam if the developers are unknown, because this network is not basic on trustworthiness, so you’d better get away from them. Secondly,  If the developers have no foundation to clear a use case for the token. That’s all I knew.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   CEWNOTE  ●  NEWS DECENTRALIZED - EARN ON ARTICLE   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⋐⋐⋐ facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ⋑⋑⋑
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⋐⋐  PRIVATE-SALE | Sep, 4th, 18  ⋑⋑  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zerrtty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:10:19 AM

It is easiest to identify fraudsters by searching for ICO members for different projects, conferences etc. If by people there is no mention then and most likely it is a scam project

yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:15:07 AM

It is very difficult to understand this. But for me there are several criteria by which I define it for myself:
1. Cloud mining.
2. Bank cards.
3. Russian projects 99% scammers.
4. Ideas that copy from other projects.
gregden

Activity: 212

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:04:31 PM

I believe that to determine the scam you need to rely on several factors.
The first is a general view of the product, its purpose.
The second is to analyze the opinions of the experts and look at the ratings.
The third is to look at the opinions of investors. After this, it will be understood whether it is a scam or not, and it will be easier with time.
Onur_luna

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:18:48 AM

The project is of great importance here. If the project is well studied and confident, the probability of fraud is very low.  Cool
tatnM

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:44:04 AM

We see many scam ICO bounties in the forum. But there is no way to understand what is Scam, which is not Scam. Is it possible to catch anything by following it?  Huh
The most important thing is the team, check all the members of the photo through Google pictures, if there is a mismatch, it means cheating! If everything is fine, look at the site design, if there is a working product is very good, and then you can get acquainted with the ratings. I do like this.
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:50:31 AM

I agree with the first answer to your question. Indeed, it is extremely difficult to recognize unclean scammers. Even there are projects serious and solid that at the end of the ICO are lying to you.
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:38:51 AM

currently in a scam category, ico developers are hard to detect even more if some developers use famous artists to attract investors, like the current news about centra.
it's so hard that we can avoid the scam, especially on ico which gives an unreasonable bonus amount like 100% or 50%. and even if ico is seamless and inserts its tokens on the market, the result is that the token will drop so much because so many gifts from every investor
kurdun

Activity: 356

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:10:28 PM

Almost all ICO's are scam. So that I advise playing with them in the short term. Search for a project that will bring around enough participants to raise the price of the token and then sell it
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:07:36 PM

You can not be sure that ICO project will be profitable. Putting money in ICO is a risky deal with the potential of getting high income. But often there is a chance to get nothing from this project.
GerardDurwin

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:23:05 PM

I advice you have to first search the project and look out team and read the whitepaper.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: