Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New mining-scams - do not invest  (Read 162 times)
MK-BTC (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:10:29 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 09:38:25 PM by MK-BTC

Hey, my idea is a topic about warnings from actual mining-scams. Often they disappear very fast again, but this kind of business-model is still working for scammers.

So maybe we've a little chance to warn new users of deposits in such scams and beware them of loosing hard-earned BTC.

Also questions about possible mining-scams could being asked here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MK-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:18:52 PM

A very new scam is hashperium, active since 4 days.

They advertise with profits of 11% per day and promise new members, to give them 135 GH/s start hashpower.

No team, no pictures of their hardware, only promising high profits.
ekfrasi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:26:52 AM

They say "With over 30 years combined experience in the Bitcoin mining scene ".
That's impossible.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:35:27 PM

Hey, my idea is a topic about warnings from actual mining-scams. Often they disappear very fast again, but this kind of business-model is still working for scammers.

So maybe we've a little chance to warn new users of deposits in such scams and beware them of loosing hard-earned BTC.

Also questions about possible mining-scams could being asked here.
I think there is similar topic in investor based games, someone put all scams in one topic. Anyway, it is very easy to recognize ponzi, they always offer unrealistic returns and in my opinion real cloud mining is not profitable unless you have lots of referrals but in that case it won't be profitable for your referrals, so scam or not it is big no.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:18:50 PM

The oldest and longest of these threads is here.
It hasn't been updated regularly recently, but it is useful for newbies to have a look thru, especially as it suggests criteria which should be applied and met before any investment is contemplated.
Not all scams are straightforward to spot and are not all outright thefts by bad actors.
Some have some mining going on which satisfies superficial inspection, but they actually sell far more capacity than that which they have, so-called fractional mining.
These are usually accompanied by an MLM sales structure, where the priority is to get the investors money in (to satisfy the upline commission threshholds) irrespective of the ability of the token mining to provide promised returns, and then use various excuses to reduce payments to fit what money is left over.
Due diligence about any investment is something essential, people should not become dependent on lists compiled by others, they should develop their own critical abilities.
The first question that one should ask oneself is "Why?" when presented with a scheme, mining or other, which promises fantastic ROI.
"Why do they need my money if they can earn 200% (or whatever)? Why not keep it all for themselves?"

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
MK-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:12:20 AM

The oldest and longest of these threads is here.

Oh, sorry, I have not seen it before. New scams I'll post there.

And yes, its always very important to proof, where the profits should come from and if i'ts possible.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:42:29 AM

There are too many of cloud mining scams, and even if they aren't it's not as profitable as just buying bitcoins or whatever altcoins you want to mine. Since you can buy a lot more from your money than you can mine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: