Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans crypto advertising. Then says it’s working on its own crypto coin.  (Read 154 times)
vanhuy

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:28:21 AM

That is what makes me confused, really do not understand what facebook want to do.
Independence occupies the market sure?
Let them keep dreaming Grin Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

I think people are more than willing to invest in coins backed with trusted names and proven teams.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:38:09 AM

Crypto coin is a serious thing and facebook lost trust all over the world.
This will lead them to shutdown and in my opinion they are not going to do their own crypto coin soon.
VenturaBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

Crypto coin is a serious thing and facebook lost trust all over the world.
This will lead them to shutdown and in my opinion they are not going to do their own crypto coin soon.

Yeah Idk just how much people are going to trust them after the whole privacy fiasco. I really hope they don't end up pulling through.
manlyxman (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:45:59 AM

I think people are more than willing to invest in coins backed with trusted names and proven teams.

Especially with Facebook. Well I just hope it won't have any huge privacy issues but we'll see.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:00:37 PM

Good day. If its true that Facebook will have their own crypto then I won't hesitate to invest once ICO starts. Facebook earns millions and investing on it will surely be a good decision. I'll keep an eye on it. I'll make sure I'll have ready.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

"The biggest management reshuffle in Facebook’s history has revealed the social network’s intentions to develop blockchain technology, though it is not yet clear for what purpose.

David Marcus, the former head of Facebook Messenger, announced this week that he will lead an exploratory blockchain group that will report directly to the company’s CTO, Mike Schroepfer.

Honestly, a lot of people saw this coming.
I make bold to say I was one of those who saw this coming. It's a business strategy and the domineering Mark Zuckerberg wouldn't want to miss out on a juicy pie like cryptocurrency. Just like Bill Gates has a share in the lucrative Facebook, so also will Zuckerberg want to have his fingers in anything lucrative. I am not surprised at all.

But I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to buy their coins Grin
You wonder? Well, chances are that once a crypto for Facebook emerges fans of the social medium will fall over themselves to acquire it. And don't be surprised if it gives Bitcoin a good run.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 01:42:20 PM

There is an inconsistency in different perspectives actually. Some are saying banning the advertisement Facebook has taken a good decision because there were frauds who took advantages of it and mislead the advertisements. On the other hand, many people are worried as it may have an adverse effect on the price of crypto currency.
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:29:54 AM

"The biggest management reshuffle in Facebook’s history has revealed the social network’s intentions to develop blockchain technology, though it is not yet clear for what purpose.

David Marcus, the former head of Facebook Messenger, announced this week that he will lead an exploratory blockchain group that will report directly to the company’s CTO, Mike Schroepfer.

Mr Marcus made the announcement in a Facebook post on Tuesday, 8 May, following rumours that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is interested in creating his own cryptocurrency. But very few details were given about what Mr Marcus's team will actually be working on. "

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-cryptocurrency-launch-bitcoin-blockchain-david-marcus-a8343261.html

Honestly, a lot of people saw this coming. But I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to buy their coins Grin

There is so much that Blockchain technology can do in our world. Not every project using blockchain technology has to be coins but let me say that people would rather like to buy the coins of facebook than some altcoins. It has to do with experience

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:35:46 AM

If facebook given a chance to operate and made their own cryptocurrency coin, I think it can be easily become popular, and it will also helps the total development of cryptocurrency business, that causes more people interested easily to join cryptocurrency because of the direct informations using facebook.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:04:01 PM

Facebook decision is really disappointed because they know the future value of btc so they wants to apply their own and they are learning about blockchain system but I hardly believe that their project of their own coin will failed because bitcoin already establish currency and in the 1st position so they can’t beat with btc so investing on btc is great and they banned advertise of btc also but already people knows more about btc because of their profitability.
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:15:20 PM

I'm not surprised. The reason for the ICO ban on facebook was not because facebook was against cryptos, rather it was because of the fact that people were being scammed on facebook using ICO Ads and in order to protect their users from falling victims to these scams further they decided to ban it on their platform.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:40:02 AM

Facebook is the absurd decision to ban crypto advertising until this time. Facebook is a digital medium and crypto is digital on par. The prohibitions that need to be supported are not good.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: