Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:43:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1068 times)
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:03:12 AM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything
ICO's are the one to blame here not the people. The method in which they can ammas a large amount of income is to create ICO projects and also creat a campaign to raise the ICO's money. Then after the end of ICO they tend to get lazy about their product or services and sometimes turn out to be a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:18:04 AM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

Some people already have bad experience with ICOs so they do not want to experience it again. ICOs may be profitable but not all the time because there are ICOs that reach the hardcap and then after the ICO, the team are gone with all the investors money and if you are one of those investors then you already lost trust in ICOs. However, if you have good experience with ICOs then you may invest again on others.

As we have observed recently, some people just wait for the coin to be listed in the exchanges because price tends to go down below ICO price when listed because there are dumpers so for those people who already observe this cycle will buy when price go down and they can buy more coins compared to when they bought it during ICO.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:16:54 AM

Because ICO is the haven of all scammers in crypto. Majority of ICO only wants to get  people's money and let the value go down. There are only few have real development and intended to make a difference and add value to crypto community.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:50:57 AM

Because there are some ICOs that would just scam or take away people's money. And also dumping of prices are common after a certain coin has been listed to the Exchange that is why others dont like icos.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

I don't think all people don't trust ICOs. Some have already earned from ICOs so I think they still believe in it. I think we should continue supporting ICOs so that earning will be continuous.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
mom_dad

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:56:18 AM

cause 90% of ICOs are all the bullshit Smiley you just need to know that
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

Because there are some ICOs that would just scam or take away people's money. And also dumping of prices are common after a certain coin has been listed to the Exchange that is why others dont like icos.

Most of ICOs are useless unless you did a research before investing. only a few of them has a point. And that was always going that way.
nivanis

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

There have been scams in the past and it is harder to distinguish scams nowadays. Before you invest in Ico you need to research on the company, read the whitepaper and make sure their business is legit.
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:06:46 PM

There is no perfect direct project, all require the initial process to be better.I think not everyone does not believe ico, but trust is very difficult to predict. because one's beliefs require a convincing credible process, such as an ico project, if he really has a mature concept, a good team, and also recommendation from good companies. then there will be plus for ico gain trust from investor. many ico are promising fake, but many also according to his promise. it all depends on how you rate to see the ico project ..

Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:06:54 PM

Smart investors will always believe in the ICO, because they are likely to distinguish the scam from a good project. And those people who are new to this business, can lose their money at the start, and at the same time faith in the ICO.
derigop

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:06:59 PM

Because they only think of the profit that they will gain if they invest on that ICO. If they think that they will only gain a small profit they won't invest or trust that ICO.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:11:39 PM

People won't try to push good projects because the first thing that come into thier mind is all negative thoughts which can lead to disappointment at all times. Try to think on a positive side maybe it will help you to do not think bad towards ICO's.

Yes, think positive will help anybody to do good thing and it can be implemented in investingg also real life.
Maybe bad first impression also include in the reason why. People get introduction from bad people make us believe in them and have no faith in ico.

YAlex

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:31:08 PM

People are divided here into two types: those who want very, very quickly and earn a lot, or people who want to make money but I want to understand which is a lot and that paid 100%. But the second usually smaller than the first. Therefore, there are such topics for discussion.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

Due to a lack of regulation, it often happens that companies choose to conduct ICOs right after finishing
up their whitepapers while being unsure as to whether their projects are truly buildable.

What’s more, companies conducting ICOs are also not legally required to release any information on their latest developments.
Therefore, there is always the risk that projects are abandoned.
nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:47:31 PM

Most of the ICOs today doesnt have any good to offer,those services and products doesnt need blockchain,so that is why most of the people think that most of these projects are scams,but in reality there will always be 3/10 ICOs that will turned into scam after they have solicited some good money from these noob investors that is why we need to be alert and vigillant before joining these new projects to lessen the risk of getting scammed.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:51:52 PM

We can't generalize man. Not all people haven't faith in ICO projects, there is still a great community believe in this projects and invest in them. People who have bad or negative ideas about ICO projects either they have bad experiences in the past with ICO, or don't have good knowledge about this projects and the potential of earning you can make when investing in the right ones.
sabakamedvet

Activity: 56

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

I think the problem is that its so many ICOs going on and only maybe 5% can be seen as serious...
So I assume people have faith in ICOs but that its so many shady ones out there so if you read on this forum it could seem that people are very much against investing in ICOs but this is probably becuse the majority of the ICOs are shit.

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:06:24 PM

I'm sure some people have faith in ICOs, but it is hard for someone to have faith in something when they did not know what they were investing in the first place. Seems as soon as the price goes down a little or a fake sell shows, people follow each other to the exit. And yes, we get burned too by startups, but this is coupled with weak hands, no prior investigation, and ICO flipping.
AlexOnix

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:08:34 PM

Yes, there are a lot of scammers now. More recently, the news thundered on the same Bitconnect as I remember. It all creates bad background information about ICO

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:13:07 PM

if someone lose money on scam icos then they lose faith and this is understandable for me.
But there are really nice and real ICOs around and joytoken is one of them. this is going to change the gambling game for sure.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀