Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1068 times)
terzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:26:17 PM

Maybe because many ICO's will fail! Most people get tokens only so they can HODL it and buy more bitcoin and Ethereum in the future! Is that all that your tokens are worth? If you do use tokens for your business, then you need to completely understand its role and maximize its utility. You have to understand that tokens can be multi-purpose tools which can bring in a lot of “oomph” to your business. Your business model should be such that you are exploiting your tokens to the maximum possible limit. If you are a developer then it is your responsibility to you, your potential investors, and to the future of cryptocurrency itself to use the ICOs as a means of creating something truly meaningful rather a method of making a lot of cash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Seriousbizz

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:43:30 PM

ICOs are one of the most unpredictable section of Cryptocurrency, the projects some of these ICOs are awesome and promising but might not really go far.some of them turn out to be sacms, hence the huge mistrust
danielphilip574

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:56:56 AM

I don't think all people don't trust ICOs. Some have already earned from ICOs so I think they still believe in it. I think we should continue supporting ICOs so that earning will be continuous. Grin
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:00:22 AM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

I don't know if what you specify is all people, but for me it's only few who don't believe or have no faith on ICO. Only those who have less knowledge are faithless to ICO because they don't really know what and when it will bloom.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:02:12 AM

I don't think all people don't trust ICOs. Some have already earned from ICOs so I think they still believe in it. I think we should continue supporting ICOs so that earning will be continuous. Grin

Personally, I only earn on the fact that I participate in new projects at the stages of ICO. If you know how to choose the right projects, find the best ones, then you will necessarily earn in my opinion much more than on trading!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

Well than what would you do when more than 90% of the projects are nothing but shit and scams. Also there is no way you are going to find out if an ICO is a good project or not as the whitepapers can be made to look promising and the hype can be easily faked using shills. Its better people invest in already established coins.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
TelegAda

Activity: 100
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:08:49 AM

People who don't understand or underestimate the value of the ICO's will have no faith. People will have their own opinions they need to study and understand before having faith or coming to any conclusion.
I disagree. People have faith, but some do not have logic, because cryptocurrency is the future, and who is not interested in the future that will not live in it for a long time. Someone just lives one day that's all.

YayProto | DECENTRALIZED MONEY TRANSFER SYSTE
▬▬▬  ●  ●   JOIN OUR PRE-ICO: JAN 22   ●  ●  ▬▬▬
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:31:32 AM

I think because they've had a bad experience when they've joining in ICO or investing on it so they don't trust it anymore. So you need to find a good ICO project so you can't experience it again. To choose whether it is good campaign read their whitepaper and roadmap if you saw that they have a unique and great ideas then joined it i swear it is worthy.

tuannguyenn110

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:43:40 AM

A large number of people have already lost a very large amount of money, since there are a lot of scam projects on the market today, people should be more attentive in the market, because scammers are starting to make very good projects, so they can not be determined.
Zagor Tenay

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:24:04 PM

Because there are some ICOs that would just scam or take away people's money. And also dumping of prices are common after a certain coin has been listed to the Exchange that is why others dont like icos.
Marinanik2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:14:15 PM

there is no faith, because there are a lot of monsters and garbage, it is difficult to find good projects among this disorder, besides no regulators
Nelly.G0211

Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:56:06 PM

to tell the truth, I think it's a little bit stupid to loose faith in something, if you have negative experience in it. I believe, you are responsible for your own success. If you lost, it means you did something wrong, for example you made a wrong choice of ICO. It often happens, it is a motivation to learn on your mistakes, and next time put more efforts, be more accurate. There are lots of examples of successful projects, and lots of people who earned money by investing in them. So let's look at the positive results, think positive and do our best to pick right projects. all the best.

lkcryptostar

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:56:25 PM

most of the time the majority of ppl have no idea on what they are "investing" in so they give all the good ICO's a bad name bc now many think they are all crap coins. Do your research ppl!
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:01:56 PM

Most people have been burnt so it depends on your experience. I have been burnt in some but also made large profits in others so overall I am good.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:47:45 PM
Merited by RAGEmond (24)

A lot of people have gotten burned by Scam ICOs so they are afraid to invest at this point.  There are still some hidden gems out there but you have to sift through a lot of garbage to find them.
tramadol12

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:50:33 PM

There are good ICO's, you just have to find them amongst the more common poor quality ICO's. Its probably because too many ICOs have already failed to deliver and even some have actually ran away with investors money.
Finding a good ICO is like finding a needle in a haystack
Nelly.G0211

Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:44:53 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

Cause not all the people beleive in ICO, some of them believe that ICOs are collecting money and disappear, another people think that the project  only collecting money band run away)) But i  recommend you to look carefull at the projects, there are lots of potential ones, but it's challenging to find such ICOs, but still, it's worth it.

miracle24

Activity: 309

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 10:53:59 PM

Icos doesn't give same huge return as it use to do years back. People now invest in icos now with the intention to flip once listed on an exchange which is bad for the survival this tokens.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:58:33 PM

Icos doesn't give same huge return as it use to do years back. People now invest in icos now with the intention to flip once listed on an exchange which is bad for the survival this tokens.
just like me
now more and more ICO is not qualified, and not serious
I am vacuum from ICO and focus on altcoin trading
I will re-plunge into the world of ICO if there is clarity for all projects

LazsFace

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

this is a silly question!!!!
most of ICOs are scam so why people might be scared???
ahahah who knows??
come on dude, what kind of question it is? please be serious in this forum!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: