Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Without merit system on Bitcointalk ,What would have be your rank now?  (Read 139 times)
godfredmanu (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:36:12 PM

I was left with few days to get full member that the merit system was introduced. About five months ago and I think by now I would be getting to senior member. What about you?

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bervelukan

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

It is true that the Merit system was implemented about 5 months ago, and it is very much a disadvantage to beginners in my opinion, and if there is no Merit system maybe I already have a full member rank.
Zeddyn

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:36:10 AM

If Bitcointalk does not use Merit system 5 months ago it will be a great help to increase my rankings, and I should now have a Member ranking and definitely still have a chance to become Legendary, but now I think it will always be in place Jr member.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:47:08 AM

I was left with few days to get full member that the merit system was introduced. About five months ago and I think by now I would be getting to senior member. What about you?
Merit system has its advantages and disadvantages,its advantage is that we are eligible to share our constructive ideas that could help other newbies that shares their concerns inorder to earn certain knowledge in a certain situation,in a certain cryptocurrency.On the other hand merit system makes it a bit harder for anyone here to rank up since we are all here to learn more knowledge but what i am concerned of, is that, most of us here were only doing bounty task but not totally engaging in constructive ideas shared from our fellow bitcoiners,some constructive ideas were just taking for granted,constructive post being ignored because most people were just concerned on the job,bounties,or ICOS that they've been joining so far.

daddypastes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:51:53 AM

merit system makes it a bit harder for anyone here to rank up since we are all here to learn more knowledge but what i am concerned of, is that, most of us here were only doing bounty task but not totally engaging in constructive ideas shared from our fellow bitcoiners,some constructive ideas were just taking for granted,constructive post being ignored because most people were just concerned on the job,bounties,or ICOS that they've been joining so far....
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:39:58 AM

I am a Senior Member as well. But because of the Merit System I did not reach this rank. But I'm still grateful because I had a Fullmember because it's so hard to have a high rank now.

The only request I would be fair to the other members because others are simply forwarding their merit with their friends.
caotringhia

Activity: 277

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:11:39 AM

If there is no merit system, I think I have achieved Full Member. But before, a lot of people have no knowledge and still rank high. This system of merit I think will not benefit those who come later.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:16:36 AM

The merit system is a great addition. It has helped curb some of the garbage posts that plagued the forum for a while. I think it is way more efficient to rank up by actually having a useful discussion instead of spamming posts. Also, no you wouldn't be a Sr. Member by now if the merit system was never introduced. Your activity is too low, you would need to have a minimum of 240 activity to become a Sr. Member.
Angle22

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:17:55 AM

Yes, I have set up 10 accounts to be a member account, but there are merit rules, so the 10 accounts are stuck in Junior.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:22:48 AM

Yes, I have set up 10 accounts to be a member account, but there are merit rules, so the 10 accounts are stuck in Junior.

I'd be legendary. And clearly merit system not a terrible thing to stop account farmers like this dooshtaco.
Jimrch

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:30:16 AM

Without the merit system, my rank is now higher than where it is now. Without the system implemented i think i could join more campaigns to help advertise those pre ICO project. Most of the projects now are accepting member to up in rank to participate in their campaign. Unfortunately i am just a one rank below and i need to get merits to rank up. Very limited campaign to join.
alizay

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:30:32 AM

I'd be legendary. And clearly merit system not a terrible thing to stop account farmers like this dooshtaco.

LOL dooshtaco Smiley

You are legendary lol.

But yea I didn't even realize the merit system was in place or what it was until last week I guess it can be good and bad, for the same reasons as posted above. But I think the bad outweighs the good because unless you are lucky enough to have someone merit your posts your kind of screwed. I have read some really helpful posts and at the time I didn't even know what merit was so I didn't merit the post and also I didn't have any merit so if I wanted to merit someones post I couldn't. Long story short I think a better system could be put into place but I do appreciate the efforts of the admins to curb a lot of the shit posts. I wish they would do something to curb a lot of these shitcoin ICO's and Masternode scams coming out everyday taking peoples hard earned money Smiley

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
jho0810

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:39:38 AM

Maybe if there's no merit I think my rank will continue without worrying but having a merit in the forum is a big help to us because we need to give full effort to make a good and constructive post to get a higher rank.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:44:17 AM

I think I would also be somewhere around senior but I don't totally condemn the implementation of merit maybe on its first month of application but I have managed to understand the disadvantages and advantages of having this rule though it is definitely hard to gain merit. It is not only up to us to get those merits we need but more of up to those people who will be the ones that will give the merits we need. So all we need to do is to improve our posts and just hope that there will be a good person out there who will see our posts and put merit to it.

doctorlw1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:17:44 AM

Merit system was a good idea in theory, terrible in practice. It's near impossible to rank up and I've lurked all over the forums here and high quality conversation is a rarity, let alone the opportunity to meaningfully participate in one. I think a lot of the older forum members are delusional when they say oh "participate in higher quality threads." This forum has very little of that. The merit system may have been implemented to help curb that, but it hasn't done the trick. It needs a serious revision.
bringkevin

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:22:52 AM

If Bitcointalk does not use Merit system 5 months ago it will be a great help to increase my rankings, and I should now have a Member ranking and definitely still have a chance to become Legendary, but now I think it will always be in place Jr member.

You will not always remain a Jr. Member. May be one day, you will be fed up of yourself and start posting meaningful posts. And gain some merit to grow the rank ? May be !

Once I earn some merits, then I will remember you and come back to check your posts.. may be help you rank up... After all "a friend in need is a friend indeed"
lol
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:49:42 AM

I am new, so... Newbie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: