Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight against Big whales market manipulators  (Read 262 times)
niisarearning (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:00:08 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts
I have been observing this behavior from quit long
1) Big whales or Holders wait for some FUD news . As soon as they receive start to sell their Holdings
2) Small investors and Newbs get Panic they also start to sell .
3) Market crashes then these whales Fix the lowest target . Start to Reinvest the Money
4) Again people will see the raise start to invest some will leave by facing huge loss .

Here Whales are making big strategy . Please  spread news among community so that we can atleast try to stop this crypto Corruption
I am seeing again normal people loosing their monwy.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vanmoreno

Activity: 359
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

big question is who they are? are they a community or some milyarder?
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:12:16 AM

whales is a big roller or big investor who manipulate the price moving, if you follow what they are doing you might have a little earnings but if you not you might lost a lot or or a lot, taking risk is better than doing nothing
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:21:03 AM

whales is a big roller or big investor who manipulate the price moving, if you follow what they are doing you might have a little earnings but if you not you might lost a lot or or a lot, taking risk is better than doing nothing
Yes as you said we can do anything with this whales we have to follow them . But we can hold for better future of crytpo community . If everyone become greedy then no one could able to help Crypto community in future.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:26:33 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts
1) Big whales or Holders wait for some FUD news . As soon as they receive start to sell their Holdings
3) Market crashes then these whales Fix the lowest target . Start to Reinvest the Money
4) Again people will see the raise start to invest some will leave by facing huge loss .

Here Whales are making big strategy . Please  spread news among community so that we can atleast try to stop this crypto Corruption

Yeah we see this play out time and time again, it's unfortunate that these newbs we are only just beginning to learn about cryptocurrencies inevitably end up getting hurt the most. As the market matures it will become harder to have this much control over the market. 

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
GoldnOil

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:30:47 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts

but this happens in every free market....   Gold, Oil, Forex, Stocks.....   
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:34:06 AM

Taking control of a market has been an issue for a while. This type of concerns is not only limited to cryptocurrency but for all type of market. Here in our country  they are called trend makers. Because they can create trends if they wish to.That is why  in the stock market we usually follow the trend.

For the whales in crypto usually the victims are the people who have weak hands. This are the people who buy high and sell low. If people just study their chart for years now bitcoin will rise in the long run.

Do not be a victim of these whales just hold and sell once the price is high.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

Education is the way we can beat this. Too many newbies look at bitcoin just as a dollar price and just "hodl". They then panic sell when they think their precious dollars might disappear.

Our problem is we got scenarios where the price goes up because the price goes up. And others where  it goes down because it goes down. Too many people are trying to trade with the graph, and this is what causes our volatility.

If we can get people to start trading against it then we will probably see a much more stable bitcoin price. If a whale tries to dump his 5k BTC then, you would just see people buying up the lower price quickly. Heck if we lucky the whale tries to buy back in and sees he can only afford 4.6k BTC.

We need to start trading opposite of the whales to bring this manipulation to an end. If we trade with them then we amplify their gains and screw each other over.

This would ofcourse slow down growth a bit, but it will leave us with a much more stable and healthy market

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:43:16 AM

Manipulation is only a form of some speculation, we cannot determine manipulation on what exactly happened. If price of bitcoin rise, people say there is something manipulation happened, and like also when price drop, there is something manipulation happened. But considering about manipulation in bitcoin price, well it is something true, maybe a form of a big groups capitalists people who synchronized selling or buying stocks. So, let us consider the things beyond bitcoin business, weak people are loser, and smart people becomes champion.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts

Part of the problem in crypto is that we have so many exchanges. So on a particular exchange it might be easy to crash through all the buy orders and the arbitrage bots then take the price down on the other exchanges.

It's harder to do for stocks as they tend to be listed on a single exchange and you therefore need much much more money to crash through all the orders.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
GoldnOil

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:46:09 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts

Part of the problem in crypto is that we have so many exchanges. So on a particular exchange it might be easy to crash through all the buy orders and the arbitrage bots then take the price down on the other exchanges.

It's harder to do for stocks as they tend to be listed on a single exchange and you therefore need much much more money to crash through all the orders.

i agree
niisarearning (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:50:18 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts

Its really valid point i dint think from this scenario yes its really easy to manipulate in low market cap or low trading exchanges which is link to coinmarketcap (CMC) . That means here not only whales playing game . Even normal people doing that . What would be the solution for that . Lets make healthy discussion . i appreciate each person posting in this thread
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

I was thinking. (Bad sign!)    Say those whales instead of working together to manipulate the price they got greedy and started to work against each other.  All trying to make the most money.  Could this crash the market in a huge way eventually.
Alone055

Activity: 1000
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:04:27 AM

These so-called "whales" or whatever they are, are unstoppable as they have enough Bitcoins to manipulate the market whenever they want. Me, you, or even many other people from basic category of Bitcoin holders cannot stop this corruption even if we want. They dump half of their coins at a very low price creating a wall and this compels others to sell theirs even cheaper, and that is when they buy them all below their wall and remove the wall. After that they put them on sale for the normal price, and all they get is profit from it. Now, how on earth can we stop something like that? I have no clue at all.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:14:33 AM

Hi Crypto Enthusiasts

These are all basic free market tactics, especially seen in the commodities market. Unfortunately we as a small investors don't have the resource to stop this in any way. Awareness is not the solution here because the small investors don't have the money power to stop this manipulation. The only way is to get along with the wave and make profit out of it. It is very easy if you start using dollar cost averaging technique instead of selling your holding out of panic.

When ever the market goes red, try to buy bitcoins in small quantities. Market goes down further and you buy again in small quantities. From the recent trend of market, I have see that a downtrend is usually runs for 4-7 days and not more. So have a target to buy small quantities of bitcoin in all these days. If you have $1000 of surplus money, spread it in $200 for 5 days. This way you will be able to lower your buying price using averaging method. When the market goes up beyond 10-15%, sell those.

I personally use this technique for short term investment and the failure rate is very rare. Crypto currency market is a free and an international one. Every turns and twists in the market, comes with significant opportunities. You just need to learn how to survive.  

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

the problem are exchanges which are still too small and dumping a medium size amount of bitcoin on it crashes the price big time and that causes the follow up panic sell where newbies run out and crash the market even further down.
part of it will be fixed if it grows more but also part of it will be fixed in case people started thinking first then selling.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:33:48 AM
Merited by slothtrooper (1)

There's nothing that can be done about it because this is NORMAL market dynamics.   It's like boxing.   You can't expect to get all the super flyweights together and expect to defeat all of the heavy weights.   The physics of the situation doesn't allow it.   What you can do is be more realistic about your goals and profit expectations.   

sent from my X6
slothtrooper

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:38:53 AM

Are they even human or are they the AI ?
Games.Bitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:42:04 AM

I was thinking. (Bad sign!)    Say those whales instead of working together to manipulate the price they got greedy and started to work against each other.  All trying to make the most money.  Could this crash the market in a huge way eventually.
To be honest this is very unlikely to happen because whales would always look out for the overall best interests for their investment if you have trillions of dollars worth of a resource you wont turn it all into trash for no reason.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:42:56 AM

The whales  are the major market movers, their decisions always have a huge impact on the market, e.g just recently Mt Gox withdrew billions of dollar worth of bitcoin this  has pull down the price of bitcoin as expected, collectively we needs individual investors into bitcoin which is better than a single whales markets manipulators.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: