Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard (an ultimate guide)  (Read 1401 times)
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:23:30 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

Below I will be posting replies which I consider most relevant, revealing and insightful on the topic discussed.

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Even when we have heard several talks about working smart, but a lot of people are still work hard thinking that someone will have to teach them to work smart or they are thinking they are working smart. Quite a number of times, I am always taken aback when I begin to imagine what people spend their time on to earn money, struggle, use their strength but nothing to show for it while they are left with no other option than to believe in miracles in other to come out of penury. However, working smart is not something that falls on you or easy to come by, rather its a conscious effort to break away from the shackles of poverty with constant research and education, you are sure to work smart and be financially independent.

What do you mean by working smarter?

I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.

I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.

I also think you are wrong when you talk about luck. Because your boss (and those of very large companies) are perfectly aware that they are in such position thanks to their luck. So they tend to close their network, to make golden paths that lead to domination... and are completely unaccessible for anyone out of their private "leading sphere".

Frankly, I don't see where I'm wrong here when I mention luck and that you should not only take it into account as a possibility and be prepared to take advantage of it when it pops up, but in fact act toward increasing your chances of encountering it. If you mean that your boss is somehow depriving you of any chance of meeting luck in your life, I think this is simply impossible because it goes against the nature of luck. In other words, luck is something which is not supposed to happen but still happens, and whatever you or they do to close the doors to it, luck will overcome all the roadblocks in the end because it is in its very nature.

I agree that you will need both. Earning money in this world is easy once you have a good network of contacts and good capital, but at the beginning it's a nightmare.

Once we reach a certain point we can move towards passive income and work less, when we have a great amount of capital, and spend more time with family, travel and things like that. It all depends on what you want to do. If we worked hard and smart enough in some years we won't need to work anymore, you will then decide if you want to work for fun or do something else.

I know that the idea of working for fun sounds like crazy for a lot of people, but if you like what you do, then it's not so crazy.

No, it doesn't sound like crazy. Actually, you came up with an idea of a passive income, which I haven't yet seen coming up in this thread, well, not in the part that I was able to push through yet. If anything, working smart can be defined as an activity directed towards building more sources of passive income. That's an interesting idea anyway. It seems like this is the ultimate goal of working smart, that is doing more with less until you don't need to do anything in the end. And if you are a smart guy, you won't stop there, so I emphatically agree with your attitude and point of view.

That's very technical question between the TWO Choices Because "working smart" is accompanied by working hard like for example let say you are very smart in school that's because of your effort which is "study work hard" right" that's why you become a smart person. then  the one is "working hard" that's also doesn't  fulfilled your dreams if you do not use your initiative being a smart person.

form me that's an equal guide to become success in life.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:33:36 AM

Working smart and working hard.. I think both are have a close relationship to achieve a success. With the these both efforts done.. will definitely going well and close to success. Anyhow smart and hard work are the 2 which's very important things to create definite steps to achieve a success.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:57:58 AM

For me I want to work smart because we can be successful even we not work hard literally. We use our strategy and techniques to finish our work. Sometimes working hard benefits other people not ourselves so it is better to work smart.
The world where we living right now demands smart working and smart people than hard working but dumb people. We are living in a fast moving and changing world where companies demand maximum input from you and they choose those candidates who are using minimum resources and giving maximum output. For this you have no other choice than working smartly than working all day and night.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:27:59 PM

The idea that you should work smarter, not only harder isn't anything new. When talking about the difference between smart and hard work it's pretty simple to explain what working hard means. if you want to be successful in the long run, you have to put long hours to work. you have to start early, before all other people, and you have to stay up late, when everyone else is already enjoying their afternoons and evenings. on the other hand, it's really hard to find very clear guidelines on what working smart really means and how it's different from hard work. it's very obvious that even if you're determined that nobody will outwork you, you still have maximum reach pretty fast. and there's always someone who's willing to sleep less than you. On top of that, many people work hard, but only a few become really successful. that's because smart work is what makes the difference.

So what is smart work or working smart in simple terms?

-80/20 rule. We should know when to stop, 80% is often perfectly acceptable.

Could you expand more on this? What do you mean by 80% being perfectly acceptable oftentimes? I don't think that having your work done only at 80% is a good idea, so you obviously mean something else.

Work means the combination of act and motion of persons. While differentiate working smart to working hard is something that's confusing. But in my own understanding about this is..  Working smart is one traits of person where in he/she using much more their brain or mind to do something, while working hard is capability of person that much more using of strength body to perform with full force. Each of this two are the right combination to have by any persons to reach their goal and success in the near future.

This is of course a very broad or even rude distinction. Working smart and working hard may both relate to brainwork only. To better understand this point, read the OP where I gave an example which matches a smart vs bumb brainwork as in choosing a sorting algorithm for arranging elements in a list.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:14:13 PM
Merited by Hell-raiser (1)

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

I think you can see those type of similarities in any "evolutionary-like" system that promotes winners and unfortunately makes it tougher for losers.  Capitalism tends to favor and reward people who work hard, but you have to at least acknowledge that certain people have a substantial head start in life compared to others, which makes it almost impossible for others (off spring of 'loser' families) to do anything but "work hard" and are simply too tired to find clever ways to "work smart" instead.

That's why you see trends over family generations of people staying in the same socio-economic class.  Rich people tend to stay rich and vice-versa... sure.  But there is also those rare outliers of people who work their way up in life by figuring out that balance of getting lucky while rigorously working in a much more smarter way.

Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:56:45 PM

Very well quoted lines by you and i completely agrees with you because in current scenario if you are working hard then you will earn but if you are working smartly using your intelligence then you will be earning great and live a levishful life.For instance a worker work 8-10 hours and get paid for all his hard work whereas on the otherhand a skilled worker earns better than him because of his mindset and smart knowledge.Don't make your boss rich choose your life and make yourself richer.
You think it's possible. The boss has money invested in the production and provides you work. Can you afford to work for yourself? Where you take the money to start your business. How many businesses have gone bankrupt! Boss is risking his money. Are you willing to risk your money? Therefore, I do not support such thoughts. A lot of people overestimate their importance.

Yeah, that's the point I want to emphasize massively and which I wholeheartedly agree with. Maybe, it is the first thing you should do before you start off on a working smart journey, I mean, correctly assess you abilities and whether you are actually as smart as you think you are as well as finding your smart spots and sticking around them. That idea should be definitely added to the piggy bank of ideas making your life easier and wealthier.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

We need to working smart and working hard. You must have a smart brain before you start work and you need a strong body to work hard. To avoid stress think positive always all the thing you have to face because being positive will help you to work in your job.
Theres no need to choose between the two working hard and smart really make sense inorder to gain profit and to achieve what our target would be.We have different ways on reaching our goal of success and being apart on this bitcoin forum is the best of our luck.We work hard to earn money,and cryptoworld has already brought it into our own home its for us on how to handle it but one thing for sure is we own our time and we are the one who control our savings,not the bank nor the government.We also need to be smart inorder not to get scammed.Although there were instances that we will become a victim of scammers and that is what we will be aware of.

KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:02:44 PM

Below I will be posting replies which I consider most relevant, revealing and insightful on the topic discussed.

Even when we have heard several talks about working smart, but a lot of people are still work hard thinking that someone will have to teach them to work smart or they are thinking they are working smart. Quite a number of times, I am always taken aback when I begin to imagine what people spend their time on to earn money, struggle, use their strength but nothing to show for it while they are left with no other option than to believe in miracles in other to come out of penury. However, working smart is not something that falls on you or easy to come by, rather its a conscious effort to break away from the shackles of poverty with constant research and education, you are sure to work smart and be financially independent.

I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.

I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.

I also think you are wrong when you talk about luck. Because your boss (and those of very large companies) are perfectly aware that they are in such position thanks to their luck. So they tend to close their network, to make golden paths that lead to domination... and are completely unaccessible for anyone out of their private "leading sphere".

Frankly, I don't see where I'm wrong here when I mention luck and that you should not only take it into account as a possibility and be prepared to take advantage of it when it pops up, but in fact act toward increasing your chances of encountering it. If you mean that your boss is somehow depriving you of any chance of meeting luck in your life, I think this is simply impossible because it goes against the nature of luck. In other words, luck is something which is not supposed to happen but still happens, and whatever you or they do to close the doors to it, luck will overcome all the roadblocks in the end because it is in its very nature.

I agree that you will need both. Earning money in this world is easy once you have a good network of contacts and good capital, but at the beginning it's a nightmare.

Once we reach a certain point we can move towards passive income and work less, when we have a great amount of capital, and spend more time with family, travel and things like that. It all depends on what you want to do. If we worked hard and smart enough in some years we won't need to work anymore, you will then decide if you want to work for fun or do something else.

I know that the idea of working for fun sounds like crazy for a lot of people, but if you like what you do, then it's not so crazy.

No, it doesn't sound like crazy. Actually, you came up with an idea of a passive income, which I haven't yet seen coming up in this thread, well, not in the part that I was able to push through yet. If anything, working smart can be defined as an activity directed towards building more sources of passive income. That's an interesting idea anyway. It seems like this is the ultimate goal of working smart, that is doing more with less until you don't need to do anything in the end. And if you are a smart guy, you won't stop there, so I emphatically agree with your attitude and point of view.

A lot of people overestimate their importance.

Yeah, that's the point I want to emphasize massively and which I wholeheartedly agree with. Maybe, it is the first thing you should do before you start off on a working smart journey, I mean, correctly assess you abilities and whether you are actually as smart as you think you are as well as finding your smart spots and sticking around them. That idea should be definitely added to the piggy bank of ideas making your life easier and wealthier.
We cannot always say that working hard would bring us to success instead we should still consider being smart as a necessary factor for the assurance of your success. Not eveyone who works hard gets what they want, being smart is much needed here since the complexity of bitcoin is improving as time passes by. Combining being smart and working would definitely make sure that you will gain more profit.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:11:55 PM

Working smart simply means using more of your knowledge and wisdom in a stylish and quick way(a mind work) to create opportunities either for yourself or for a particular course. Working harder is more of using physical energy or working continuously and tirelessly in order to achieve something (man power). It becomes a sad story when hard work doesn't always necessarily end up with success. To be qualify as a smart work, it should be successful.
hitrawal91

Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 04:21:49 PM

I would say that both are necessary for every human along with their Luck. I personally have undergone both smart work and hard work experiences under my career training programs. Here to be successful in life you need to be both a Hard worker and smart worker. My smart work made a good trader and while hardworking made me a good son and husband. In the struggling days of your life your hard work and smart work both should be put into play rather than being a lazy guy.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

I would say that both are necessary for every human along with their Luck. I personally have undergone both smart work and hard work experiences under my career training programs. Here to be successful in life you need to be both a Hard worker and smart worker. My smart work made a good trader and while hardworking made me a good son and husband. In the struggling days of your life your hard work and smart work both should be put into play rather than being a lazy guy.

A good topic to draw too many to share. But is it going to help this forum. May or may not be. Still many would share the achievement behind hard work and smart work. Experts do say, both are required to have firm success. I have gained appreciation and awards back for working consistently extending timings to complete a task where smart work takes 30 percent. So both goes hand in hand to success.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:56:30 PM

Working hard will only make our bosses become richer, because money works for them, but some smart people work just to earn some money, I've heard the words of successful people,
"stupid people find it difficult to get a job, but he opened his own business when fools managed to recruit smart people"
So if concluded smart people study hard to get a job, but fools try as hard as possible so that his business can be successful then he recruits smart people to work on his business.
stellgod

Activity: 659

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:26:10 AM

this is not new story but I can say again and again working smart is the best!
Well, that is always the best in every sense, and I also believe we need to have all this set of people in our society. One thing I have always learned is if you do not want to build other people's dream, you have to build yours, and you do not end up with being hard working alone, you also end up being smart with your hard work. A lot of us always feel it is only by being smart, sure working smart rocks, but you have to inhibit some extra effort and that is where hard work comes in.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:35:33 AM

this is not new story but I can say again and again working smart is the best!
Well, that is always the best in every sense, and I also believe we need to have all this set of people in our society. One thing I have always learned is if you do not want to build other people's dream, you have to build yours, and you do not end up with being hard working alone, you also end up being smart with your hard work. A lot of us always feel it is only by being smart, sure working smart rocks, but you have to inhibit some extra effort and that is where hard work comes in.
Work effectively, that's what we really need, if we do trade, watch the market carefully, research its progress same with joining in bounties, make sure your in the right company that will pay you in your work.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:44:20 AM

The truth is that everyone cannot think the same way. If we are all working smart, who is going to end up working hard? It is a way the world has been fashioned and as much as working smart is good, working hard is also good, but it all depends on the level at which we all operate.

Also, everything in life is all about luck and some have gone down the road of working smart with luck not shining on them. We have to consider that just a few of those smart ones are extremely rich now, while some did not even ask for it, so sometimes, i feel luck and opportunity also come to play like someone rightly said.
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:05:20 AM

Agree to disagree, I think in order to succeed you need both. When people say that when you work hard you are only making your boss richer. Personally, I think there was a time when your boss needed to work hard AND smart in order to build a business. In short, you can't succeed by working hard or smart, you need both. If you have neither of it, you'll probably be exhausted and poor.
Bless you man. Sometimes, I feel we over hype the idea of working smart, but the truth is that one way or the other, you really need both of these attributes to be able to acquire something for yourself. You can work hard and not smart or work smart and not hard, so with that you end up being limited in a way, but combining the two can take you places. You think trying to pursue a project for years is not working hard and being smart to build your dream? So, I totally agree with you bro.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:28:42 AM

To succeed in whatever endeavor working hard is a must. Being patient and willing to learn while working definitely brings somebody to success. Success does not rise in one blink of the eyes. It is a long time journey of perseverance.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:03:35 AM

The point was good, chances are better if you are in the area where things do happen. If you wanted to be a pilot and you go to an automotive shop? Your cars don't fly? It ain't related except the maneuvering thing yet the two are so different. So I wanted to go to a place where snow will happen and you did go to the deserts of Africa. Well then again the point of doing is wrong. Yet working smart without making much an effort to let your boss knows you are the right person to choose also lessens the chances of getting hired on the position you would want. So I think being smart paired with working hard is a good quality which should not be broken down or separated from each other.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:07:22 AM

Continued here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: