Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please stop sellers of BTT hacked logs  (Read 176 times)
Bitcoin2018 (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 3

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:35:48 AM

Good afternoon.

During few days base of hacked accounts of bitcointalk.com is offered for sale in the Russian local thread. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961429.0)

I have been surprised that this thread has not removed yet. In this case it is one of two:
1. Sale of compromised accounts or
2. Scam.

Both of variants is not good.

Most likely the database refers to all known compromentation case few years ago. I think that another wave of attempts to acquire sleeping accounts will begin, because of the increased demand for the forum's accounts.

Perhaps we need to implement some additional checks for accounts that woke up suddenly.

Thank you

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY
$$$ Anonymous Bitcoin $$$
≫ AnonymousBitcoin.io ≪ [t.me/anonymousbitcoin]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:12:57 PM

Good afternoon.

During few days base of hacked accounts of bitcointalk.com is offered for sale in the Russian local thread. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961429.0)

I have been surprised that this thread has not removed yet. In this case it is one of two:
2. Scam.

Most likely the database refers to all known compromentation case few years ago. I think that another wave of attempts to acquire sleeping accounts will begin, because of the increased demand for the forum's accounts.

Perhaps we need to implement some additional checks for accounts that woke up suddenly.

Thank you

Do not worry, if default trust member sees this I am sure they will be tagged red for doing so and it is very likely that they will see this thread because they have their eyes set on meta. There is no need for additional checks for accounts that woke up suddenly if they cannot use it efficiently. I have looked on the thread and it seems to me that the user himself is just trying to scam people.
spov

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:57:45 AM

Good afternoon.

2. Scam.

Thank you

Do not worry, if default trust member sees this I am sure they will be tagged red for doing so and it is very likely that they will see this thread because they have their eyes set on meta. There is no need for additional checks for accounts that woke up suddenly if they cannot use it efficiently. I have looked on the thread and it seems to me that the user himself is just trying to scam people.

When the user is trying to scam people, is it not better to ban such a user? If nothing is done, some newcomer might end up getting scammed.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:14:36 PM

Good afternoon.

2. Scam.

Thank you

When the user is trying to scam people, is it not better to ban such a user? If nothing is done, some newcomer might end up getting scammed.

Not really.

It might seem practical to you to do so, but this brings a question the forum can't answer without being biased; what should be bannable, and what not.

Everything that's illegal, or everything that smells just a little bit like a scam? How/and why should the forum determine for it's users what a scam is and what isn't.

Example i used a couple of weeks ago; Chipmixer. One could argue that this is a great tool to enhance you privacy, but one could also argue that this service is used to launder money. What should the forum do in this case?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:24:22 PM
Merited by dothebeats (3)

Things that are illegal in a buyer or seller's jurisdiction are removed, and in some cases the users are banned. And I say illegal as in drugs, stolen credit cards, etc. If you are selling unpasteurized milk, we don't really care. Trying to sell information illegally obtained from Bitcointalk on Bitcointalk believe it or not, will most likely get you banned.

Scams or potential scams are not removed. Use your own due diligence, its not up to us to decide what is or isn't a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: