Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Purchase Question  (Read 2306 times)
Novalok (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:09:51 PM

I would like to purchase $50 USD worth of bitcoin, but the whole process is confusing, can anyone give me a rundown of the possible ways to complete this?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:10:23 PM

Bitstamp.net is simple to buy BTC, and quick Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Novalok (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:24:04 PM

Well, Bank Transfer isn't an option as i use Walmart Money Card as my source of funds.

Also I have no bills in my name to Upload proof of residency.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:30:03 PM

You can try to find a local reseller here
https://localbitcoins.com/

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:31:52 PM

Well, Bank Transfer isn't an option as i use Walmart Money Card as my source of funds.

Also I have no bills in my name to Upload proof of residency.

You can also buy a green dot money oak, and sell it for BTC, but you are better off, in my popinion, simply using local bitcoins.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:02:44 PM

Its better to deal in your locality unless of course you want more anonymity. +1 to localbitcoins.com
Novalok (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:04:14 PM

Sad thing is there are 0 People within say a 300 mile Radius of My location selling BTC on localBitcoin
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:06:42 PM

Sad thing is there are 0 People within say a 300 mile Radius of My location selling BTC on localBitcoin

Search up some exchanges. Look to see which ones fits you best. There are a number of other threads which have asked this question, if you use the search function you will find previous suggested exchanges. Then, when you have found one that you might want to check out, search up this forum for their reputation and if they are legit or not.

I know some of the exchanges may be easier to navigate around and have FAQ with step by step ways to purchase. But, there is another solution, you could buy from the forum from a reputable member, they should be able to guide you through what you have to do in order to complete the trade.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:22:23 PM

best place for you is local bitcoins and you can do all very easily on this its better for you to do this

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:58:25 PM

You'll have to decide if you trust me or not.

If you do, you can mail me $50 and include a bitcoin address in the envelope (better yet a printed QR Code of the address).

When I receive it, I'll send you $50 worth of bitcoins at the (current at the time I receive the cash) MtGox exchange rate.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:38:56 PM

You can also buy bitcoins through LocalBitcoins with prepaid reloads like MoneyPak, Vanilla, Netspend, and Reloadit, but the price is generally higher.

Think about putting your own ad to buy on LocalBitcoins. Maybe a miner will be happy to find someone nearby to buy their bitcoins.

Anybody can put an ad on LocalBitcoins. It costs nothing.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:48:53 PM

You'll have to decide if you trust me or not.

If you do, you can mail me $50 and include a bitcoin address in the envelope (better yet a printed QR Code of the address).

When I receive it, I'll send you $50 worth of bitcoins at the (current at the time I receive the cash) MtGox exchange rate.
That's why I said reputable members only. Why would one risk a scammer tag because of 50$  Wink

Ah, but how do we define "reputable member"?

Would I be considered "reputable"?  Would you?

I suppose, in the end, its up to the OP to decide for himself who he considers to be "reputable".  That can be a difficult thing to do when you are new to the forum and aren't yet familiar with the various personalities that are active here.  The fact that someone is a "Sr. Member" or "Hero Member" isn't sufficient. There are many "Sr. Members" and "Hero Members" here that I wouldn't trust to save me a seat in the cafeteria.

OP will have to do their own investigations and decide for themselves who they are willing to take a chance on (if anyone) and then live with the consequences (if any) of their own decision.
Syresis

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:40:16 PM

For a small transaction such as $50 I would suggest btcQuick. You can purchase bitcoins through a credit card using their service and Google Wallet. The only downside is that there is a 7.5% fee for new members, but that isn't bad in my opinion for a $50 transaction. I've personally used btcQuick twice and have had a great experience working with them!

If you do chose to use btcQuick you will have to verify your identity; which is normal for most exchanges. They will ask for a picture of your ID and credit card (both can have nearly all of the vital information censored out, they mainly want to see your name and the last 4 digits of your credit card number). Verification costs $1.99 and only takes a few minutes, then you're ready to buy bitcoins! They fund a private key or send your bitcoins to an address you verified via signing a message on your bitcoin client. If you don't know how to import a private key or sign a message with your bitcoin client I suggest you practice with a negligible amount of bitcoins which you can obtain through faucets; there's lots of room for human error currently so make sure you understand what you're getting into!

Link to btcQuick if you're interested: https://www.btcquick.com/beta/
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

List of some exchangers
-Mtgox
-Localbitcoins
-Virwox (for Paypal)
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

I would like to purchase $50 USD worth of bitcoin, but the whole process is confusing, can anyone give me a rundown of the possible ways to complete this?
easiest way IMO is to go to the forum marketplace / currency exchange section and make an offer for cash or bank transfer or moneypak -- something like that. i hate dealing with sending money to exchanges.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:59:24 PM

I am, due to all my trades being successful..

Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=148004#
coqui33

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 10:02:05 PM

Join localbitcoins.com and buy bitcoins with cash deposit to a nearby bank.

For Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Regions Bank: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/15776/?ch=4ja

**Immediate. Reliable. Anonymous.**

My profile and feedback: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/coqui33/?ch=4ja

Detailed instructions: http://backintyme.com/depos.php

FAQs: http://backintyme.com/deposfaq.php

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
i3lome

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:39:55 PM

Use Btcquick.com, lets you buy BTC with Credit/Debit Card. Fast support, coin delivery within 30 mins
po1992one

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:18:53 PM

Use Btcquick.com, lets you buy BTC with Credit/Debit Card. Fast support, coin delivery within 30 mins

Does buying BTC with Credit/Debit Card really works so easy? I think the accepting Credit/Debit Card might be really huge risk because of so many stolen cards...
i3lome

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:44:40 PM

They have measures in place.  You have to register your account and scan a copy of your ID on top of the Card You will be using. You must cover all the numbers except the last 4 digits and your name on the card. Took a couple hours to be verified.  All you have to do is insert the amount of coins you want, click order and about 30 mins later your coin arrived.

I have used Btcquick and LocalBitcoins. For a credit/debit card I will always use Btcquick to buy coin.

Coinbase is good for bank account buys, but is a pain to Setup and Verify. (Take a few days)
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:34:05 AM

Where do you stay? You can be the first one who do the selling Smiley
tdad3

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:37:03 AM

I bought my first BTC on Coinbase with a straight-up bank transfer. I opened an account on Bitstamp at the same time to compare, but went with Coinbase because they're based in the U.S. The significance is that I didn't have to provide photo ID to get verified. Also, I thought if there was a dispute, I might have better chances of resolving it with a U.S. company than a foreign one. I might buy my next BTC from Bitstamp, which is based in the U.K., if there is some advantage to buying BTC there.
I opened another account at my bank to use for transfers with BTC exchanges, and transfer money between the two. That way if the account is somehow compromised (user/pass hacked), my paycheck and rent money are safe. I check both Coinbase and my bank account every 1-2 days to make sure everything is the way it should be.
Now that I've got a little experience at buying, I'm looking at selling to those who can't or won't do the bank transfer process. It looks like there's a market out there for that, from what I've seen on sites like localbitcoins.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:34:23 AM

I always felt like the easiest way was P2P. Post in the marketplace, or localbitcoins, and make an offer in exchange for whatever payment method works best. It always worked for me.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: