Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on USDT?  (Read 223 times)
adrov

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:10:51 PM

for trading the idea of usdt is great , you have a safe place to go to when you think the market is going down and you don't want to lose any value. but there has been a lot of talk about price manipulation of bitcoin with usdt. the fact that they can't prove that every usdt is backed by a dollar makes it even harder to trust them. so while i like the idea i don't trust them enough to put my money there.
I used Usdt a lot, but to the best of my knowledge, Usdt has become a manipulator, so it has to be the counterpart of the USDT's on the market. I think the reason for Bitcoin's depreciation is to use the USDT as a manipulation tool.

USDT is biggest SCAM in crypto and my biggest fear. I trully believe they are one of the biggest players when it comes to manipulating the market and If BTC ever dies or is close to death, USDT will be among top reasons if not THE reason.

Just google a bit about USDT and DYOR.

I rarely say stuff like this, but this time I am firmly standing behind my believes and research.

Stay away from it. You have been warned!

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:21:01 PM

I would recommend stay away of USDT, now a situation around it is quite tricky,  and they dont stop emission of Tether,  recently their management emited enormous amount of USDT,  so I am afraid that this story has no happy end
Keeping your money in USDT for a long time is not good but we don't have any option to do trade with equal to USD value. this the only currency stable at $1 from a long time and that is why people use this coin as USD. The risk is there but for me i don't have any option if I do trade with other altcoins I will get confuse weather i am in profit or loss the calculations will become too much complicated.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:18:38 PM

Hello everyone,

So I just recently got into trading and really loving it. I have to admit I haven't been doing so bad. My main goal is to accumalate as much ETH as I can since Alt coins seem to perform better against it as opposed to Bitcoin.

My main question though is regarding USDT. I've done quite a bit of reading on it and I like that it is a stable coin, but I am very nervous as it seems that the team behind it is quite shady in that they refuse to be audited. I've stayed away from it even though I do see it as very useful to hold any profits incase Ethereum goes down, but I always have this fear that I'll wake up one day to a scandal behind Tether and they would be useless and no one would want them.

What are your thoughts on this coin? and if you have the same anxiety how do you get around it locking in profits?
USDT is a good altcoin and it's like a bank. It helps me hold my money without fear of losing. I do not need to through the bank to recharge the wallet, I just converted from USDT to another altcoin. Transaction time will be very useful and that is very convenient.
I have 40000 USDT coins and I always believe in it. There will not be much profit, but it will help me make the transaction faster and lower cost.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 06:55:42 PM

I would recommend stay away of USDT, now a situation around it is quite tricky,  and they dont stop emission of Tether,  recently their management emited enormous amount of USDT,  so I am afraid that this story has no happy end
Keeping your money in USDT for a long time is not good but we don't have any option to do trade with equal to USD value. this the only currency stable at $1 from a long time and that is why people use this coin as USD. The risk is there but for me i don't have any option if I do trade with other altcoins I will get confuse weather i am in profit or loss the calculations will become too much complicated.
in fact, if it's Coins that are the equivalent of the dollar, then they only show a prospect for the future, because there will be no fear of keeping their funds in such moments. As far as I understand, these same dollars, only in digital format.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:11:12 PM

Hello everyone,

So I just recently got into trading and really loving it. I have to admit I haven't been doing so bad. My main goal is to accumalate as much ETH as I can since Alt coins seem to perform better against it as opposed to Bitcoin.

My main question though is regarding USDT. I've done quite a bit of reading on it and I like that it is a stable coin, but I am very nervous as it seems that the team behind it is quite shady in that they refuse to be audited. I've stayed away from it even though I do see it as very useful to hold any profits incase Ethereum goes down, but I always have this fear that I'll wake up one day to a scandal behind Tether and they would be useless and no one would want them.

What are your thoughts on this coin? and if you have the same anxiety how do you get around it locking in profits?
We can see that although in recent days the market is fluctuating continuously and is declining very seriously, but the price of USDT is still very stable and slightly increased. Therefore, in the days of Hurricane Hurricane market as the present time, USDT is a place where we can storm, very safe and convenient.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:57:57 PM

I personally would not trust too much USDT until the team will allow and audit of their assets. After all, otherwise we would just to believe them, which in the era of trustless crypro is not really the best.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Coral27

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:22:03 PM

Hello everyone,

USDT is a good altcoin and it's like a bank. It helps me hold my money without fear of losing. I do not need to through the bank to recharge the wallet, I just converted from USDT to another altcoin. Transaction time will be very useful and that is very convenient.
I have 40000 USDT coins and I always believe in it. There will not be much profit, but it will help me make the transaction faster and lower cost.
Yes it is on the fixed value of dollar so if there is no any dollar trade in any exchange like on bittrex then you can rely on that coin and do not worry for that coin on exchanges like bittrex as in the previous weeks I heard that bittrex has announced that if they will see any issue with USDT then they will add the dollar market to their exchange so that people can park their money in dollar if they will feel that they have to take a little break. So it is believed that before any issue to that altcoin there will be a good solution on the exchanges to secure your money and your trade.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:29:00 PM

Don't use to keep fiat especially but in situation like exchange usage instead of USDT you can use it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: