Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experience Camps - Let's Do It For The Kids -- Now Accepting Bitcoin Donations!  (Read 141 times)
vodanh (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:42:49 PM
Merited by MakLampir (1)

Experience Camps are one-week camps for boys and girls who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling or primary caregiver.  It's a place where kids can laugh, cry, play, create, remember the person who died, or forget the grief that weighs them down.  It's a place where they can feel "normal", because everyone there has been through something similar and understands what it's like to lose someone important to them. It's a home away from home. And just about everyone will tell you..."It's the best week of the year"

As we move into this new age of technology and cryptocurrency, we wanted to make sure that anyone and everyone who wants to be involved in our cause has the ability to do so.

That is why we, Experience Camps, are excited to announce that we are now accepting Bitcoin and other forms of Crypto currency as donations through our Coinbase wallet. Check out www.experience.camp/bitcoin for more information or to donate!

Remember -- it's for the kids!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Experience_Camps

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:50:14 PM

If you have any questions on donations, Bitcoin, or just how to get involved, please contact us here or at info@experience.camp!  Smiley
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:40:24 PM

It is good to see more charities getting involved, I see that your charity is doing business for few  years now which is good showing that you are real. However you might want to reach to reddit or bitcoin subreddit because if you get upvotes might do better for exposure.
Experience_Camps

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:53:06 PM

It is good to see more charities getting involved, I see that your charity is doing business for few  years now which is good showing that you are real. However you might want to reach to reddit or bitcoin subreddit because if you get upvotes might do better for exposure.

Thanks for checking out Experience Camps, and appreciate the advice. We have just started our crypto donation campaign, so will plan to post in some subreddits moving forward Smiley

Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:04:34 PM

I like the idea of giving or sharing through foundation like this. Thank you for building a non government organization which will improve the lives of every children that have experienced death or lost a loved ones. Hopefully, more organization will follow your footstep and will build a helping hand.

Experience_Camps

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

Good to see Charity/Humanity organization decide to accept Bitcoin, especially because Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency sometimes associated with criminal activity Smiley
I'd suggest you to share about this on Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency sub-reddit to attract more people, just beware with few hate comment though.

Also, don't forget to mention that the donator don't need to have Coinbase account or give too much personal info, since few people hate centralized services.

Thanks for the advice! We are working to build up enough on Reddit to be able to post in certain subreddits. We are looking to change the narrative about crypto and criminal activity, and instead make it an additional avenue for people to give and help!
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:35:06 PM

hi, where should I send my donation if for example I want to donate?
whether the donation is a BTC, ETH or altcoin? can you explain in more detail? I deeply appreciate this kind of organization.
I also want to help a little  Smiley
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:42:20 PM

This is a great initiative, children are sorry of course. But the question arises: how appropriate is this post on the forum about bitcoin? Or now everyone who accepts bitcoin for payment will place ads here?
Experience_Camps

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:08:30 PM

I like the idea of giving or sharing through foundation like this. Thank you for building a non government organization which will improve the lives of every children that have experienced death or lost a loved ones. Hopefully, more organization will follow your footstep and will build a helping hand.

Thanks for you support, Tharel! We are hoping for the same! Feel free to share our cause and spread the word  Smiley
Experience_Camps

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

hi, where should I send my donation if for example I want to donate?
whether the donation is a BTC, ETH or altcoin? can you explain in more detail? I deeply appreciate this kind of organization.
I also want to help a little  Smiley

Hi MakLampir! We're so excited to hear you are interested in helping! In order to donate,

1. Go to http://www.experience.camp/bitcoin
2. Click the button that says, "donate bitcoin"
3. The screen will take you to a Coinbase Portal where you enter your name and email (we do require the donor's name and email address, however we will never share this information with others. If the anonymity of your donation is a concern, please contact us at info@experience.camp to discuss other options to confirm that your donation meets our standards of acceptance).
4. You will then be presented with a bitcoin address and a 10-minute payment window. You can use your bitcoin wallet to send funds to the address within the given time window. You can alternatively log in with your Coinbase account to complete payment.
5. As soon as the recipient is in receipt of the payment (within the allotted time), the transaction is complete and you will receive a confirmation email.

As of now, ExCamps is only accepting crypto that is supported through Coinbase!

Hope this was helpful Smiley
StarsGroup

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

Congratulations to all of the incredible Day of Champions committee members and awesome teams for meeting our goal of $100K (and counting 😳)to benefit Experience Camps!

Experience_Camps

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:45:48 PM

Congratulations to all of the incredible Day of Champions committee members and awesome teams for meeting our goal of $100K (and counting 😳)to benefit Experience Camps!

Remember, your donations matter! Without them, Experience Camps wouldn't get to help these kids year after year!

Check out www.experience.camp/bitcoin for more information or to donate!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: