Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment?  (Read 779 times)
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:38 AM

Of my acquaintances on my tip invested only one of my friend, and I told him a lot about the possible risks, so he understands why there is a drop in price and patiently waiting for the growth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:59:43 AM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
If I were in the situation, I will talk to them with no alibis and tell them to be calm because every downfall of bitcoin price is very normal, just patiently wait a little longet and it will increase again.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:13:28 PM

What kind of investment are we talking about? If Bitcoin then I'm trying to convince them that they should wait because Bitcoin has potential to recover and continue increasing. I encourage my family to buy Bitcoin but before that I try to educate them. I want to make them aware of huge risk and potential that Bitcoin has to become used by far more people than it is today.

luigidosado

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:16:39 PM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
I will clearly explain to them the different factors that affect the bitcoin's price. And explain to them that these price dips are just normal for any kind of investment. Instead of worrying about their loss. I would rather tell them to invest more because we all know that these price dips are good chance to buy more at a much lower price. After that I will also tell them that any form of investment is risky just like any other form of businesses. Patience is key to earn more profit out of investments.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

Well, it's a mistake to introduce bitcoin to them as an investment tool that can give big profits so that if something like this happens, you can only assure them by all means that the price will return to normal.

the thing you should explain when introducing bitcoin to a friend or family is what bitcoin is and what the actual function is. Then at the end of your explanation, you can explain that bitcoin can be used as an investment tool by prioritizing an explanation of the risks to be faced rather than focusing on the profit that can be provided.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:31:31 PM

Such things will not happen to me. When I introduced bitcoin to my friends, I told them that investing in bitcoin was risky. So when they invest in bitcoin and lose a lot of money, they don't blame me.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:45:49 PM

I will obviously disclose to them the distinctive components that influence the bitcoin's cost. Also, disclose to them that these value plunges are only typical for any sort of speculation. Rather than agonizing over their misfortune. I would rather instruct them to contribute more since we as a whole realize that these value plunges are great opportunity to purchase more at a much lower cost. After that I will likewise reveal to them that any type of venture is dangerous simply like some other type of organizations. Tolerance is vital to procure more benefit out of speculations.
zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

Before anything else, I would encourage first my family to buy and invest in bitcoin, but before that I will educate them and help them to understand what is bitcoin all about. So  I don't think that they will blame me sooner when they're money are slowly fading out as well as their investment because in the first place I already explain to them how bitcoin trading works and how it's risky is.
tosindesign

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

one of the thing you should do is to encourage them that there is still lots of hope .you can site example of men who have fail in their career before , but took courage and became great later .always be there for them, cheer them up until they are strong , and give them financial tips and books for them to read.i hope you found this helpful.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:59:30 PM

None of my friends has yet invested in cryptocurrency, but if they decide to do so and ask my advice, I will tell them about the possible risks for the first time.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:26:46 PM

If you tell anyone about cryptocurrency and convince a person to invest-please tell them about all possible risks, do not be afraid! That man at least was ready for it. And in this case you are relieved of all responsibility

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

If you are going to do this, you first need to report and warn about all the nuances and risks associated with crypto-currencies. In the field of cripto-currency, there is no stability and confidence, everyone should independently answer and make decisions.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

I'm not sharing it with my friends and family, or at least I never mentioned how much I invested. If my investment will make 10x, I rather keep quiet about it. If opposite and I will lose my money, I want to be even more discreet about it. Don't want mocking from bitcoin's haters among my friends. I will be generous with my family though, will buy some nice presents without mentioning where money is coming from.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Crystacool

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:36:24 PM

I was telling my friends about bitcoin that it's risky to invest in bitcoins. When they invested in bitcoin, the price of bitcoin crashed and fell so much that it caused a lot of damage. They should not blame me.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

If you just introduced bitcoin to them and gave no financial advice then it is their fault for investing in something they had no prior knowledge they may blame you but it was their fault, now if you gave financial advice telling them to invest and they listened to you they still have a great share of the blame since they invested without knowing what bitcoin was about but in that scenario you are at fault too by not explaining them the risks.
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:36:01 PM

I think you can't do anything because it already happened, the only things you can do is helping them to pay their debt if they're in one .
Debts could create desperates for people and make them do stupid things so better to prevent it from happening.
russella31

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:35:00 AM

It is a must to tell them the pros and cons in bitcoin. That not all the time they can gain profit. They must have in depth knowledge about bitcoin because you don't like to get all the blame in the end.
StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:38:55 AM

I invested on behalf of my husband - and some of my own money - not much - but it is down with about 66%. When he asks how it goes, I say it is fire and brimstone - and that he should just forget about the money for now. It is not much anyway. Compared to the rest of our funds. Of course it would be excellent to have earned a lot of money like you see others have, but for now, I am content with not earning money, and just following the huuuuge dip we are in at the moment. I do hope things turn for the better. For those friends who lost, I dont mention that. It was their own choice.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:42:44 AM

I think its easy to deal with your family with bitcoin by simply telling them the how the btc got a profit drom it.I would also tell mu family first before my friends because my family can easily understand hiw the ntc works.after that i will tell to my friends.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:51:50 PM

I have philosophical attitude to the people who are interested in cryptocurrencies. This is a risky activity, but it really can be earned on it. I know many people who got rich on cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: