Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment?  (Read 779 times)
evitasi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
tell them to be tough, tell them that in bitcoin win or lose is something similar
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:19:53 PM

If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.

Investment are like business.. Some time you lose some ,sometime you gain much thats only part of the business/investment their ups and down.. But never let them lose hope of the posibilties, that in time they will still get their Return of inveatment and just keep moving and lern from the process so the next time you  or they incounter another misleading method regarding investment they will know how to divert so it won't happen again..
That's true investment are like business we expect a lot of struggles during your time when you will gain profit. When your family or love ones interested in this kind of industry better inform them the risks that whatever happen at a latter end they are already aware. Moreover, give them the initiative to do a research so they will know how to get rid of losing money.
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:54:17 PM

It's hard approaching family and friends who are close to you, especially in financial and money matters.
I think normally a good talk with a comforting tone and approach is the best way or a good start in
dealing with such a situation. It won't go away overnight so a daily or regular talk might be healthy once
things calm and hope restored. With market dips and red days, I think I will always talk with a positive
outlook and deliver or leave the same positive way of thinking to that person.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:17:17 PM

The very first time I told my friends/family about crypto currency, I did not encourage them to invest in it unless they made their own research about it and have experience about stocks. I explained that the price may fluctuate and has higher volatility and risks than the traditional investment vehicles. The risks involved can be managed as well and the funds they invested in it is their sole responsibility. They don't blame me for their losses because they have done their research and they understand the market movement.
You did the right thing, there are many instances of people that recommended bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies to their friends promising them great profits, their friends invested not realizing the huge risk they were taking, I cannot imagine how difficult it could be to meet with your friends and family that invested in bitcoin and that have lost so much money, it must be really uncomfortable.

mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

To deal with loss is not good so be patience because instead of loss you have the good option to wait the market situation because it will goes up again and you can earn more profit by only just keep waiting and just patience,
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:36:14 AM

The peoples who loss at their bitcoin investment are many. You can tell them that  it is just a normal occurrence
because the bitcoin price very volatile. Dont sell you bitcoin when the price falling. You need to hold your coins for long time.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Muwatti

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:32:37 AM

Before to say everything about Bitcoin in your friends and family make some good explanation about that bitcoin is so risky. So tell them first what is bitcoin and about the blockchain technology, tell them what are those sequences waiting fo them if they invest without complete knowledge about cryptocurrency. Don't makes move without proper orientation to your friends and family because when they disappointed to you all of them are really blaming you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: