Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AIRDROP][TRIF] - Trifid: A Currency Payment Layer for Neblio  (Read 15775 times)
TrifidTeam (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:52:49 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 02:35:51 PM by TrifidTeam

Trifid is a currency layer that runs atop the Neblio Blockchain and is the first light-weight payment method in the Neblio ecosystem. Trifid will be implemented using Neblio’s cutting-edge token protocol, Neblio Token Protocol-1 (NTP1). The overarching goal of Trifid is to allow for payments on the Neblio ecosystem without interrupting staking of NEBL tokens. We believe that Trifid will be used as the default, and most-accepted, payment protocol on the Neblio network.

Winter 2018
  • Neblio NPT1 Platform Release
  • Neblio NPT1 Wallet Release
  • Trifid Development
Spring 2018
  • Trifid Token Website Live
  • Trifid Whitepaper Released
  • Trifid Airdrop Occurs                  <———-We Are Here
Summer 2018
  • Smart Contract Adoption for NEBL <-> TRIF conversion
  • Trifid Voting Platform Development and Release
  • Trifid Listing at Exchanges
Fall 2018
  • Trifid Mobile Payments App
  • Expanded partnership with merchants

• Token Name: Trifid
  • Token Ticker: TRIF
  • Tokens Generated: 1,650,000,000 TRIF
  • Token ID: La3QxvUgFwKz2jjQR2HSrwaKcRgotf4tGVkMJx
  • Token Generation Block: 159746
  • Token Generation TX: 578a788a8a86ccc7fa0c045ee63ff1dd9c05ae38b08ef10ac62d18ff9783ee56
  • Snapshot for the Airdrop:  Block 166833 (Occurred on 16 Mar 2018 17:38:33Z)

Final Token Allocations from Snapshot:
Note: Depending on the number of different NTP1 tokens held at the address this step may need to be repeated until TRIf is transferred.

What is Trifid?
  • Trifid is a cryptocurrency. It is one of the first NTP1 tokens on the Neblio blockchain. Trifid allows payments without interrupting staking NEBL.

What are some of Trifid's advantages?
  • Trifid is a currency. Trifid can be used as payment instead of using NEBL, and community-driven adoption for the token will increase in the future.

How do I obtain Trifid?
  • Hold NEBL in a Neblio wallet (Daemon, QT, Orion all work) at the time of the snapshot to receive your porportional amount of TRIF. You will need to import your private key into ORION in order to sweep NTP1 tokens into the ORION wallet. After the snapshot, the only way to receive TRIF tokens will be on exchanges (which we hope to be listed on soon).  Token distribution will be completed shortly after the Neblio API suite is released, however we’ll try to get most out sooner.

How much is Trifid worth?
  • This will be determined by the community, but we anticipate it will end up being whatever the "currency" value of the Neblio blockchain is valued at.

How do I interact with Trifid?
  • Currently, the only way to send Trifid is using the Neblio Orion wallet. In the future, there may be additional methods.

How do I access the Orion NTP1 wallet?
What exchanges is Trifid listed on?
  • Trifid will attempt to be listed at every major and minor exchange, but that will take time.

Will exchanges distribute Trifid if I hold NEBL on an exchange?
  • We are in the process of contacting exchanges, however have no confirmations so far. Your safest bet is to hold NEBL in the Daemon, QT, or Orion wallet.

Is it safe to import my private key into the Orion wallet?
  • The Neblio and Trifid teams firmly believes that the answer to this is YES. If you are skeptical, we suggest moving your NEBL to a temporary wallet during the fork, then moving the NEBL out to your permanent wallet (might want to leave .5 NEBL for txn fees, though!), then importing your 'temporary' private key to Orion -- or just switching to a new staking wallet after receiving TRIF and then import your old private key into Orion.

Why is Trifid better than Neblio?
  • It's not. Neblio secures the network, and Trifid is a more transferrable currency on the Neblio blockchain. They serve two different purposes but reside within the same ecosystem.

Can I stake or mine Trifid, and what is the inflation rate?
  • No. After the airdrop, no more Trifid will ever be created, and based on how NTP1 works, NEBL is used to transaction fees so there is no collection of fees to issue as staking rewards or anything along those lines.

Where can I learn more about Neblio and NTP1?

Edit 3/11/18:  Updated Slack link as some users have reported issues joining.  Come join the conversation on Slack!
Edit 3/17/18:  Updated finalized token allocations from yesterday's snapshot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

A great job without a doubt guys. Soon people will know the potential of Neblio and what it is capable of doing.
The Enoeht

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:38:51 AM

Good stuff. Will look into this one more. Neblio  Cheesy
The Enoeht

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

Why is team unknown? I see no reason to hide your identity if this is legit?

The Enoeht

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:11:24 PM

Can someone explain this?
"Obtain the private keys for your address(es) using `dumpprivkey <address>`"

What if my tokens are in desktop wallet?
assasin21rus

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

Of course, I understand that you are the first on Neblio, but in fact there are already many other projects with payments for a long time. And I think that the most necessary will be anonymous payments, for which a fast transaction
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

Thx and congratz guyz !

Go, Vive Neblio !

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
javadth

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:10:12 PM

does it supports Electrum-NEBL Huh

my neblios are in Electrum-NEBL
bougieboyy

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:40:18 AM

Excited for this! From what I have read you can either use QT wallet or ORION wallet. If you use your desktop wallet you can enter your key to ORION wallet and sweep for any tokens and move them there. If you're not comfortable with that the NEBLIO team is working on a wallet update to house NEBL and the TRIF tokens. Only 6 days left Cool

Ps: You don't have to do anything to receive airdrop just make sure your tokens are in either wallet and you will receive automatically.
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:54:48 AM

It doesn't support the desktop wallet yet, you can read here what you need to do in order to receive the airdrop: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neblio/comments/83cw76/neblio_holders_be_prepare_for_the_trifid_ntp1/
I think that the easiest way is just to create an Orion wallet an transfer you Neblio there. That's what i did anyway.

javadth

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:15:12 PM

It doesn't support the desktop wallet yet, you can read here what you need to do in order to receive the airdrop: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neblio/comments/83cw76/neblio_holders_be_prepare_for_the_trifid_ntp1/
I think that the easiest way is just to create an Orion wallet an transfer you Neblio there. That's what i did anyway.

is https://orion.nebl.io/#/  a orion wallet ??
bombener14

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

Congraturations!!Good luck for all
klausaha

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:09:34 PM

Also that part looks strange to me - I will NEVER put my Private Keys anywhere so should you.
As seen in many different Coins, Airdrops do not need privat keys....
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:15:07 PM

Hold NEBL in a Neblio wallet (Daemon, QT, Orion all work) at the time of the snapshot to receive your porportional amount of TRIF. You will need to import your private key into ORION in order to sweep NTP1 tokens into the ORION wallet. After the snapshot, the only way to receive TRIF tokens will be on exchanges (which we hope to be listed on soon).  Token distribution will be completed shortly after the Neblio API suite is released, however we’ll try to get most out sooner.

Dev why the need for private key dumps? In crypto world it should never be necessary to dump private keys except for backup. Explain this a bit more as it seems risky.
okss06

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:17:18 PM

To be honest I didn't find anything exiting, like most left comments here, when the team (unknown team) doesn't want to spend money on SSL certificate and when in the open source you can find so much stuff -this says a lot. Now airdrops are so popular - free means no obligations ... very sad  Undecided
TrifidTeam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:01:47 AM

Hold NEBL in a Neblio wallet (Daemon, QT, Orion all work) at the time of the snapshot to receive your porportional amount of TRIF. You will need to import your private key into ORION in order to sweep NTP1 tokens into the ORION wallet. After the snapshot, the only way to receive TRIF tokens will be on exchanges (which we hope to be listed on soon).  Token distribution will be completed shortly after the Neblio API suite is released, however we’ll try to get most out sooner.

Dev why the need for private key dumps? In crypto world it should never be necessary to dump private keys except for backup. Explain this a bit more as it seems risky.

If you hold NEBL on Orion, then there is no need to use private keys. If you hold NEBL on QT of Electrum, then sweeping NTP1 tokens into Orion via private keys is how to redeem your tokens in Orion. This is the design built into Orion and has nothing to do with Trifid itself -- it's how you would sweep in any NTP1 token. NTP1 is fairly new, therefore no other wallets currently support NTP1 tokens -- we expect more wallets to handle NTP1 tokens in the future.
TrifidTeam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:06:43 AM

Also that part looks strange to me - I will NEVER put my Private Keys anywhere so should you.

You'll get the airdrop into any NEBL wallet, however Orion is the only wallet that can handle NTP1 tokens at the moment -- and that is why you have to sweep them in in order to use them. You're also welcome to keep the NTP1 tokens tied to your other desktop wallet, however you will not be able to see them until a NTP1-enabled desktop wallet is released.
TrifidTeam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:08:21 AM

is https://orion.nebl.io/#/  a orion wallet ??

Yes -- that is THE Orion web wallet as developed by the Neblio team.
Alexandr_Egora

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:08:53 PM

You'll get the airdrop into any NEBL wallet, however Orion is the only wallet that can handle NTP1 tokens at the moment -- and that is why you have to sweep them in in order to use them. You're also welcome to keep the NTP1 tokens tied to your other desktop wallet, however you will not be able to see them until a NTP1-enabled desktop wallet is released.

in what proportions will be?
1NEBL = ???TRIFID
TrifidTeam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

in what proportions will be?
1NEBL = ???TRIFID

1 NEBL = 100 TRIF
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: