Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the government ban bitcoin?  (Read 2067 times)
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

If a government decides to make trading or possessing Bitcoins illegal, questions will be raised about how exactly it will enforce such a ban. It is impossible for a government to seize your Bitcoins, unless you decide to handover your private keys. However, the majority of citizens and institutions like to stay on the right side of the law. So the demand for Bitcoin would plummet if the government decided to ban it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kakajones25

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

Currently in my country there is no prohibition on buying bitcoin, because for the government can reduce unemployment, so there is no prohibition for bitcoin.
oniracnai

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:44:37 PM

I think they can't ban bitcoin. Bitcoin is a worldwide phenomenon, helping people with their business and money they earn. Bitcoin do a secure  process in terms of the money. There is nothing wrong about bitcoin.
ellapurity

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:58:06 PM

Not anytime soon, or less the criminals out their will use bitcoin to increase the act of robbing.   
amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:06:08 PM

there are some countries that prohibit bitcoin and do not accept bitcoin in the country but bitcoin users can still use its bitcoin and the government can not know it, the government should be able to accept and support bitcoin because bitcoin has changed a lot of people life for better and have better finance

Some of the countries already banned bitcoin,  all of the currency that we have in this world are being use in different things including criminality, buying illegal drugs, illegal firearms and so on but why they are not banning our real currency to stop those kind of illegal activities?  that is only my opinion about it.
Komaci

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:22:16 PM

I think the government can ban Bitcoin, but it can't stop Bitcoin.Bitcoin will exist prior to the Internet available here and most governments are already investing in bitcoin because their belief that crytocurrency is the currency of future investments.
gordeevaverona

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

As far as I know the vaccinations do not want to ban bitcoin, on the contrary they want to legalize it as an e-currency
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:27:39 PM

Hopefully no. Bitcoin helps people today. I just hope that it will not be used to scam people. I think as long as it cause no harm, it will not be banned. Hopefully it will be legalized.
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:30:35 PM

Do not panic about the prohibit bitcoin decision in some countries. Because there are still some big countries investing and developing bitcoin. I find that some countries have decided to ban bitcoin but I see the bitcoin trading floor is still active and even the big bosses in that country are building factories with a bunch of computers to exploit bitcoin. So, I think bitcoin will not be banned in all countries

Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

Yes, they can. And there are a lot of reasons why they are doing it. Reasons like they can’t get something from the world of crypto. Banks will start to decrease due to none use of physical money. And of course, they can’t see the world improving when governments are not earning.

jh3mx

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

if the government will have benefits on it then NO they will not ban it.
thats how politics works... Shocked Shocked Shocked

♥ TRUEPLAY.io ♦
Transparent and honest gambling platform
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:57:18 PM

there are some countries that prohibit bitcoin and the government are worried about the use of bitcoin that can be used for crime so the government will not let that happen and they decide to ban bitcoin

CapGelatik

Activity: 1064

Combo Network

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:00:31 PM

As far as I know, it's kind of like in some countries it is already banned. although it may be confusing. But even in those countries where there is no ban in no hurry to legalize it.
in my country bitcoin still not legal but still accessible, because that is prohibited only transact using bitcoin, in my country only use country currency as a legitimate transaction.

charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

most likely yes, but it will happen if criminals are already using Bitcoin as their crime

It's possible to be happen to use bitcoin in their crime,  I heard there some people use bitcoin to their bad doing. And there's possibility to government will ban bitcoin.

I think people are starting to use bitcoin for illegal use. If this will continue in the future, there is a huge possibility that governments will ban it. Since bitcoin's transaction can be made easily it could be a source for that. Being in bitcoin can also be an anonymous. Governments fear the possible outcome of bitcoin in wrong doings.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:20:02 PM

It really depends on the government of the country. Some governments acrually welcome bitcoins like what Japan did last year. China on the otger hand is banning bitcoins for life. But for me, no government should ever prevent its people to have bitcoins in their possession.

jh3mx

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:31:31 PM

As far as I know, it's kind of like in some countries it is already banned. although it may be confusing. But even in those countries where there is no ban in no hurry to legalize it.
in my country bitcoin still not legal but still accessible, because that is prohibited only transact using bitcoin, in my country only use country currency as a legitimate transaction.

in my country its not legal nor illegal. but the government is making a study about cryptocurrency..
like i said if they till have benefit on it why ban it Cheesy

♥ TRUEPLAY.io ♦
Transparent and honest gambling platform
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:06:49 PM

In my opinion, possible will the government ban bitcoin. Some country not accepts the bitcoin, they think that It is scams or people was used in illegal purposes or work. They not understand the advantages of bitcoin especially to payment transactions.
bct-72

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:17:39 PM

It is possible that the government ban bitcoin if they will not have enough control what people invest.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:23:40 PM

Bitcoin has been announced since the day it was invented, and it will be suppressed by governments in the future and declared illegal currency. Is the basis, the further development of the currency will be in the interests of the threat to traditional monetary and ruler, not the rights to cryptography currency once governments announced that the currency is illegal, its price will produce volatile in the short term, and may even crash. At the same time, the government will force the bitcoin exchange to be shut down, so that bitcoin can only be sold in private, and its exchange capacity will be badly hit. Will the government ban bitcoin?
The government has really the power to banned bitcoin because there are already a lot of countries who already banned bitcoin. I think the reason why the government banned bitcoin because there are some people who used bitcoin for there illegal activities that is why the government sees bitcoin as a illegal currency.
gharjas2517

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:28:11 PM

Now the bitcoin industry is already an industry with high recognition, and many people are aware of the benefits that the block chain can bring to the society. I believe that more governments will be open to the special currency with the development of the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: