Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 3951 times)
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:14:27 PM

Did you missed my post? I wonder how.

Sorry if I have to ask and seems a little bit demanding, but I prefer to know a project as deep as I wished before I proceed and take decisions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emilytran

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:53:00 PM

I'm so interested in this project, it's great.
SektorPiii

Activity: 616
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:06:38 PM

Discount Coin is a BIG MN SCAM, looks like RYTOS https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2364751.0
The project is at the very beginning of its journey, but there are no unfounded accusations in the scum! So far, personally, in front of me, the developers have fulfilled all their promises on time, to work windows-wallet there are no questions, not everything is perfect, but I believe that the project can live
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:18:47 PM

Did you missed my post? I wonder how.

Sorry if I have to ask and seems a little bit demanding, but I prefer to know a project as deep as I wished before I proceed and take decisions
I did not missed your post, I just did not understand it so I did not answer.

I shall try to understand, let's discuss this

You said :
Applying your case, what would prevent the shop owner to just sell them in fiat (say, like 100$) and then convert them all into DSC? He'll get 10$ worth of DSC more by this way

Let's take a use-case example and state that 1DSC trades for 1$

You're a shop owner, you want to sell ... a smartwatch, for 100$.
You make a deal with our DiscountCoin foundation, you aggree to sell your smartwatch for 90$ and open an empty DSC wallet.

Some customer enter your shop and has a choice. He can buy your smartwatch paying 100$ OR he can pay with his smartphone wallet for 90DSC
He choose to pay with his smartphone wallet, 90DSC, transaction is almost instant and it cost him 90$ (remember for this example, 1DSC trades for 1$)

You, as a shop owner, now have 90DSC in your wallet. You clearly made less money selling your smartwatch in DSC rather than in dollars.
But, these 90DSC are now staking ! And these coins reward you, the shop owner, more coins each times a block is validated by your staking wallet.
In a few days, your 90DSC wallet have turned into a 110 DSC wallet, you made a profit !

That's the main idea of our project.
To make a win-win situation, win for the customer, win for the shop owner. 

Well uhh... Sorry for being not clear. What I'm trying to understand is what if the story goes this way,

The smartwatch seller, which is me, does have a DSC account, had some successful purchases, and his wallet is staking.

A buyer comes in, lets call him John, and asked for a smartwatch. As your project is an extremely well known project in the future, John is also know about DSC, had some purchases in DSC, and hoped that he can get a deal with this store.

Deal made, payment issued, and John asked me, "Does your store, by any chance, know and has some DSC program? It'll be nice if I can get this watch for 90$."

Somehow, being a profit oriented seller that I am, a thought crossed my mind, (this is the point of my question) "instead of having a 90$ worth of DSC that's instantly sent to my wallet, why don't I just lie by saing 'no, i don't have DSC, we accept fiat and visa, though' and get 100$ of fiat, which then I'll use to buy some DSC and left it staking on my wallet. By this way, I'll have 100 DSC to stake instead of 90."

So, I tell John how sorry I am of not having such promo, but maybe I'll adopt the system in a very near future. He paid me 100$ and went home. I convert this 100$ usd to 100 DSC right away, then let them stake on my wallet.

My question is, what measurement will you use to prevent such scenario?
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:37:25 AM

@Miiike, Ok I understand you question much better right now. Thanks for clarifying.

That is a bump in the road you're raising right here, and I must admit this can be an issue.

--snip--

For solution number 2, I actually had thought about that too, and as I play devil's advocate here, I also had a "solution" for the seller's side, which is by doing this once every nth times. Say, like he do this cheat for every three or ten sales. He won't be detected by the "radar" and he'll still gain more profit.

This will leads to negate part of your number 1's solution too, as because he can ensure his little game undetected, it won't taints his reputation. Although, having a "label of DiscountCoin approved shop" might be a best solution for now, I can't think a way to cheat that system... other than it might cost you a fortune.

Suppose you create an app (I imagine your project would eventually need a mobile wallet for easier transaction) within your wallet that basically a map with labels on it, to show which store accept DSC, not only it'll persuade users to shop and use your app more (thus, increasing awareness of your app for you as well as increasing sales for the seller), it'll also ensure this cheating seller can not do his intention. Like "oh sorry, we don't have DSC here," will be replied with a "I can see your store is actually listed as DSC merchant."

It'll be quite handy, but I assume that building such feature won't be cheap
bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:29:12 AM

well you have been doing very well keep the good work and know that we are with you
zyrenhufalar11

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:32:40 AM

good luck to the team and we hope that this project will continue to  achieve success.god bless
Serg66rus

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:32:30 AM

PoS is good work
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:16:09 AM

when do you planning to get exchange?
your list seems to me pretty presumptuous
cryptopia listing fee are 10btc worth and i guess those of poloniex are more expensive
cryptobridge is more wise
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

Downloaded my wallet, Ready to go now, planning to start DSC masternode. Keep good work

Soloking

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:43:52 PM

Hi dev usually how long will it take to get DSC in my wallet after I participate in the ICO?
Najszerszy

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:39:07 PM

Why did you change rewards structure right after the chain start?

https://github.com/DiscountCoin/dsc/commit/c0fabcaa65c258e496260c4860cd443a8c5a15e8

I don't see proper announcements or notification period.

I know that you want higher ROI on masternodes and comparison websites, to sell more during ICO, but hell you're really bold doing a chain fork right after the start.

That's not professional at all.
Najszerszy

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:04:54 PM

Why did you change rewards structure right after the chain start?

I don't see proper announcements or notification period.

I know that you want higher ROI on masternodes and comparison websites, to sell more during ICO, but hell you're really bold doing a chain fork right after the start.

That's not professional at all.

We change the rewards structure before the first major milestone for many reasons, one of them may be to improve our investors revenue, but we also had great discussions with big boys from the shopping industry, and we want to make partnerships with them. May I recall that our coins is not solely here for pure ROI like many other coins ? No our coin also have real-life usecase, with a real roadmap and invested people working for it. And our main goal, apart from guaranteeing good ROI, is also to be usable in local stores, in shopping malls, in restaurants and cinemas etc... For this we are meeting businessman from this market, and some of them are ready to work with us, as long as we are also profitable to them.
So yes, we changed our reward ladder.
You think that's not professional ? Do you even have some of our coins to be able to judge it ? As long as we've heard, this change as made none of our investors sorry.

"great discussions with big boys from the shopping industry"

xD

You serious?
The only way this project will go is: you taking people money through ico and this coin being dead in the near future.

I won't come back to this topic, so don't bother replying.
whoisthismanoO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:58:21 AM

do you have a wallet for macbook ?
xx63245613

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:44:24 PM

I don't know what the meaning of MASTERNODE's coexistence with POS is? POW+MASTERNODE has been proved to be a more stable choice

▄▄
          ▄▄████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀████▄▄
    ▄▄████▀      ▀████▄▄
 ▄▄████▀            ▀███▀
████▀                  ▀  ▄▄
███                      ▄██
███                      ███
███   ███▄        ▄███   ███
███   █████▄    ▄█████   ███
███   ███▀███▄▄███▀███   ███
███   ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███
███   ███    ▀▀    ███   ███
███▄  ███          ███  ▄███
 ▀███▄███          ███▄███▀
   ▀█████          █████▀
     ▀███          ███▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀███
███████████▀▀▀      ███
█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
██▄         ▄█▀    ████
█████▄    ▄█▀      ████
████████▄█▀       █████
██████████  ▄     █████
██████████ ███▄  ██████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀██████
████ ▀███████     ▀▄███
████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
█████              ████
██████             ████
███████▄          █████
███████▀        ▄██████
███▀▀        ▄▄████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀███████
██████████▀     ███████
██████████   ██████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
████████       ████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀         ▀▀█████
███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███
██   ████▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀   ██
██  ███▀       ▀  █  ██
██  ██▀  █████  ▀██  ██
██  ██  ███████  ██  ██
██  ██▄  █████  ▄██  ██
██  ███▄       ▄███  ██
██   ████▄▄▄▄▄████   ██
███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███
█████▄▄         ▄▄█████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
██████████████▀████████
████████████▀ ▄ ▀  ▀███
███████████ ▄███▄  ▄███
███████████ ███████████
██▀  ▀█▀▀     ▀▀█▀  ▀██
██     ▄▄     ▄▄     ██
███▄  ████   ████  ▄███
████   ▀▀     ▀▀   ████
█████  ▀▄▄   ▄▄▀  █████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀███████████████████
███      ██████████████████
████▄▄▄▄███████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀██████
████    ██            █████
████    ██    ▄███▄    ████
████    ██    █████    ████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
whoisthismanoO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:57:40 PM

Yes, you can download it here : https://discountco.in/#download
but there windows and linux versions only
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

Yes, you can download it here : https://discountco.in/#download
but there windows and linux versions only

Hum, clear your browser cache, ctrl+F5, macOSX is available

I checked the link just because of my curiosity and I can confirm that they have the mac wallet. It's above the incomplete android version.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:08:13 PM

--snip--

We don't want to let you down, we want to list to the exchanges we promised, we want to be able to recruit people and talk about our project to big companies, so... we had to change our plans in order to make our project survive.

--snip--

Although more exchange means more visibility and liquidity, solely being listed on big exchange themselves is not enough. I'm referring to a token project that runs on dental health (whose name better left hidden) that's successfully being listed on hitbtc, a prestigious achievement at that time, but instead of growing they just stuck and slowly sinking due to having a huge sell orders and less buy orders. I believe this is because they have a less strong community, people who are not enthusiastic enough.

My opinion would be, although a good exchange(s) is very welcome, having listed without a strong community and support can lead to a backfire.
Dubis81

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:31:35 PM

I bought dsc, invested. It was all right until the chain was changed. I made a new wallet and he will not be synchronized for 30 hours. When I wrote it to diskordi, I got a ban. The community should follow this project. I hope It's not a scam .....
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

I bought dsc, invested. It was all right until the chain was changed. I made a new wallet and he will not be synchronized for 30 hours. When I wrote it to diskordi, I got a ban. The community should follow this project. I hope It's not a scam .....

Have you try to edit the config file? The needed conf is on the OP. The dev team is quite active, they'll reply soon to address this problem
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: