Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:28:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do YOU look for in a site on Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrency?  (Read 137 times)
McSATs (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:02:32 PM

Purpose of this thread
I am in the planning stages of opening up a blog, website and social media outlets to cover research on Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrency. In order for me to provide information that is required or needed to the community, I am going to propose a few questions to you and hope you all are willing to answer these questions to help me highlight what is sought after (in relation to information and reporting).

Why am I doing this?
I enjoy Information Technology, and since learning of Blockchain Technology and subsequently, Cryptocurrency, I've been devoting alot of time into reading and researching for my personal understanding. along the way, I've noticed that not only online but in the real world, alot of folks hear of Bitcoin but seldom do they understand the technology behind it. I enjoy teaching others what I know, but I also have a fear of teaching folks inaccurate or redundant information so alot of times I kind of just shut up and don't say anything. but with the unprecedented amount of FUD and Shilling taking place in the Cryptospace, I figured the only way for me to help a community and branch of STEM that I enjoy is to actively attempt to combat the FUD and Shilling with accurate reporting and research.

Who am I?
An individual who enjoys learning and teaching others what it is I've learned. I want to be a positive addition to the community as well as potentially fight against negative players who currently run uncontested in the Cryptospace.

=======================================================
Questionnaire

Question 1. When You browse a website which is related to Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency, what is it specifically that you seek?
-Whitepaper reviews
-Coin Marketcap Data
-Coin picks
-etc. etc.

Question 2. What would cause you to be a returning reader to a site? also, what would repeal you or stop you from returning to a site?

Question 3. What is the best manner for You to receive this news, research, information?
-Would you prefer to browse to a URL?
-Would you prefer a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter?
-Would you prefer social media alerts?
-etc. etc.

Question 4. What is the best medium for You to receive this news, research, information?
-Would you prefer text?
-Would you prefer audio?
-Would you prefer video-blogging?

Question 5. If an ICO is covered, what is the most important information from the Whitepaper that you seek?
-Coin Marketcap?
-Blockchain Consensus protocol?
-Cryptography related news (such as which Algorithm is used)?
-Team Member research?
-etc. etc.

Question 6. Anything else you think a site should focus on or keep away from to be more appealing to the reader?
=======================================================

Thank You in advance for your replies,
Any questions you have, please feel free to ask me and I will answer.

-McSATs
(My Crypto Studies and Thoughts)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pepethecool

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:54:36 PM

1- Whitepapers, coin market data
2- Clean design, and straight forward texts on the news
3-browse urls and social media notifications (maybe an app)
4- text and videoblogging w// relevant news
5- Team research I think is the number one thing to look at
6- clean design and little technical language
McSATs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:03:21 PM

Thank You very much for your reply!
I have saved your response and definitely will take this into consideration when finalizing the sites!
Thank you again PepeTheCool  Cool
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

I look for cryptocurrency projects that have a stated purpose or function of their project and have a great development team behind it. It’s also a positive when they have a lot of discussion on forums about the coin because it shows that there is interest in it. Another thing to consider is trading volume on exchanges and availability of coins to the public.
pepethecool

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 01:00:43 AM

Thank You very much for your reply!
I have saved your response and definitely will take this into consideration when finalizing the sites!
Thank you again PepeTheCool  Cool

my pleasure, keep us updated about your project
McSATs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

I look for cryptocurrency projects that have a stated purpose or function of their project and have a great development team behind it. It’s also a positive when they have a lot of discussion on forums about the coin because it shows that there is interest in it. Another thing to consider is trading volume on exchanges and availability of coins to the public.

Read you loud and clear,
Thank You very much for your response!
I have it noted now.

my pleasure, keep us updated about your project

Most definitely!
altcocollector

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:58:15 AM

Hey! Good initiative.

1.  Whitepaper reviews
2.  Honest opinion about ICOs, transparency in reviewing parameters/criteria
3.  I will prefer to browse but bi-weekly newsletters are also fine!
4.  Text & vBlogging
5.  Usability of the product/service being offered i.e., how relevant is it in a practical scenario, Team

When is your site live? Smiley

All the best!
McSATs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:53:13 AM

Hey! Good initiative.

1.  Whitepaper reviews
2.  Honest opinion about ICOs, transparency in reviewing parameters/criteria
3.  I will prefer to browse but bi-weekly newsletters are also fine!
4.  Text & vBlogging
5.  Usability of the product/service being offered i.e., how relevant is it in a practical scenario, Team

When is your site live? Smiley

All the best!

I appreciate your input and I will definitely take it into account.
Thank you for the compliment (on this being a good initiative)

and as of right now, the time frame for when I'm taking my wordpress and medium postings live is still up in the air.

I want to gain a good amount of feed back on what folks are looking for as to be sure to provide for the demand.
I'm teaching myself HTML/CSS so as to be able to reduce the amount of money I'm putting out to get a domain up and running smoothly.

as time goes on and more followers come to the site, I'll open up donations with 100% transparency (on where the fund are going) and then hit reddit, twitter and here to offer payment to writers.
the reason I'm shying away from asking writers to do this for free is because I believe giving writers incentive to be as non-bias as possible will help me reach my bottomline in accurate reporting of information. I fear that asking for free writers can potentially give way to blockchain dev's paying writers to write bias reviews for money/crypto.

Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:27:20 AM

Cryptocurrencies is not something that you can analyze in a matematical or logical way. They represent the economy of a new tribe that populate the internet. Sometimes it's only matter of trading and graphics but the most exciting thing is that it is a global movement and there are so many variables around crypto and cryptocrrencies that for me is very important to have an holistic vision of it, social media, business models, whitepapers of course, imagination, common sense, vision,....

good luck!
abiokay

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:04:35 PM

This is my own take on this according to the way the questions were asked.
1. Whitepaper, coin marketcap data
2. Depends on the contents of the blog. If i learn a lot from the contents, i sure will return.
3. Newsletters, social media alerts.
4. Text and Vlogs
5. Coin marketcap, team members.

Cheers.
McSATs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 05:00:10 PM

Cryptocurrencies is not something that you can analyze in a matematical or logical way. They represent the economy of a new tribe that populate the internet. Sometimes it's only matter of trading and graphics but the most exciting thing is that it is a global movement and there are so many variables around crypto and cryptocrrencies that for me is very important to have an holistic vision of it, social media, business models, whitepapers of course, imagination, common sense, vision,....

good luck!

Thank you for your reply,
and I believe I may have not been crystal clear on what I mean by my coverage of Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology, so allow me to expand upon what I mean/meant.

When I say I'm covering Blockchain Technology, I mean the developments and improvements (as well as any mishaps along the way of it's growth). such items as BIP [Bitcoin Improvement Proposal] and things of that nature (of course, not just focusing on Bitcoin Blockchain).

And when I say I'm covering Cryptocurrencies, I mean specifically the study of and reporting of whitepaper deliverables and information contained within those whitepapers, as well as Dev team updates/developments.

I do not plan on going into the Mathematical portions related to cryptography and the coding of a blockchain until I feel I hold a solid personal understanding of such areas. I also do not plan on giving picks and TA (Technical Analysis) on coins until a few things are in place, the two biggest factors for me to be comfortable with giving picks and TA is;
1 - I need to be able to make picks and accurate TA for my personal portfolio [It just doesn't make sense to me to give folks picks and TA if I can't apply the same advice to my own investments and see growth]
2 - Market regulation. currently the market is a speculative market driven by FUD and Shilling (in my view), I've followed some very intelligent individuals who have seen their picks or TA be made completely inaccurate not because they were wrong but because of the current unregulated climate of the market [e.g. fud and shilling]

Now, I do understand that FUD and Shilling will always exist, but at the current stage of cryptocurrency investing, it is (in my humble opinion) the main driving force and I refuse to give picks and TA and cause someone to lose their funds based on my suggestions.

Thank You for your input, and I appreciate the wish of Good Luck!

This is my own take on this according to the way the questions were asked.
1. Whitepaper, coin marketcap data
2. Depends on the contents of the blog. If i learn a lot from the contents, i sure will return.
3. Newsletters, social media alerts.
4. Text and Vlogs
5. Coin marketcap, team members.

Cheers.

Thank You very much for your input!
It has been noted!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: