Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bi•Fury | 5 GH/s USB Miner [IN STOCK!] {SALE !}  (Read 304791 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:44:14 AM

As expected, cgminer 3.8.5 shows the same results : Device is recognized, but not mining ( 0 MHs/sec ) Sad

After all I tried, I'm near 100% sure I've encountered some hardware defect - or the firmware somehow got corrupted. Latter I can't verify, since I can't even get the device to complete the Firmware upgrade procedure as USB mass storage device...
I'm seriously out of ideas now.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:17:13 PM

CGminer 390 is still not working with Bi Furys. I had the same Problem. Found Devices but not working. Try CGminer 3.8.5
First I've heard of this. I have two devices working fine here with latest cgminer code.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
tokona

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:19:42 PM

So got it working, a orico A3H10 usb Hub and usb fan + new firmware.

Question the red light is blinking, is that because its getting accepted blocks for the pool?
And its running att 4.8 GH how can i crank it up?
And whats Best Intensity Settings?

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:26:05 PM

Question the red light is blinking, is that because its getting accepted blocks for the pool?
There's no such thing as intensity for these devices or anything in current cgminer code. The only thing that will happen is they'll run slower if it runs too hot with the current cgminer code throttling it, but if you have a fan on it that should never happen.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
tokona

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 01:31:48 PM

There's no such thing as intensity for these devices or anything in current cgminer code. The only thing that will happen is they'll run slower if it runs too hot with the current cgminer code throttling it, but if you have a fan on it that should never happen.
Ok thanks, but i use bfg i had problems finding the fury in CG

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:23:15 PM

Its power, Use a USB 3 hub for these even if it is going to a usb 2 socket on the motherboard

Alright, I've taken a final shot at trying to revive my BiFury and got me a powered USB 3.0 hub.

But even single in that brand new powered USB 3.0 hub, the result is absolutely identical to all my previous attempts Sad

Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

CGminer 390 is still not working with Bi Furys. I had the same Problem. Found Devices but not working. Try CGminer 3.8.5
First I've heard of this. I have two devices working fine here with latest cgminer code.

We also don't have any issue with new cgminer and new firmware.
Also we have devices with older firmware and all previous version of cgminer works fine with.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

Its power, Use a USB 3 hub for these even if it is going to a usb 2 socket on the motherboard

Alright, I've taken a final shot at trying to revive my BiFury and got me a powered USB 3.0 hub.

But even single in that brand new powered USB 3.0 hub, the result is absolutely identical to all my previous attempts Sad

Please report this issue on store@bitcoin.org.pl .
Describe precisely your usage of device if you want replace.

From second week of Bi•Fury sale all unit are tested before shipping.
I read your post form begin and you can confirm that you get working unit.

We must know why devices not working now

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:03:53 PM

Please report this issue on store@bitcoin.org.pl .
Describe precisely your usage of device if you want replace.

From second week of Bi•Fury sale all unit are tested before shipping.
I read your post form begin and you can confirm that you get working unit.

We must know why devices not working now

I already sent an EMail today to that address asking if a repair or replacement is possible. Let's see how that works out.

patrick1985

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:34:20 PM

Grin Grin Grin

thumbs up for you guys

ordered 25.12.13; delivered 02.01.14 ---> 3 days

thats blazing fast

but i'm having problems: bfgminer tells me i have not the right permission to access the right com port.
miners are connected through the orico hub from your store.

any help?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:35:42 PM

Grin Grin Grin

thumbs up for you guys

ordered 25.12.13; delivered 02.01.14 ---> 3 days

thats blazing fast

but i'm having problems: bfgminer tells me i have not the right permission to access the right com port.
miners are connected through the orico hub from your store.

any help?
Put sudo in front Smiley

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
patrick1985

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:45:23 PM

on windows!?  Huh
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:49:33 PM

on windows!?  Huh
Then make a bat file and run it as administrator or open cmd as administrator
I am improvising now but it is about lack of privilege or your AV is blocking something

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:11:48 PM

on windows!?  Huh

Here's what your bat file should look like:

bfgminer.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u Username -p password -S COM3

To find the COM port,go to device manger & look in "Ports (COM & LPT),you should see the port #,mine is #3 Wink

Paste the above info in Notepad,save it as bfgminer.bat,paste in your bfgminer folder,double click the bat file to run.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:10:05 PM

Hey,

still waiting for my order (1014 / 28.12.2013) being shipped after the first shipping label got cancelled. No response by email so far  Sad
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:52:29 PM

I would be nice if you can put a small switch on it instead of tweezers method.
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:19:26 PM

BFG has some tweakable settings for the Bi*fury... hit M to manage the device, then highlight your Bi*Fury on the list.  From there you can change the "Oscillator bits" by hitting O.  Default is 54.  I tried other values but for mine, it seems to like the default value just fine.

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:34:53 PM

When 3TH/s costs $10k USD I don't think anyone will be buying your 500GH/s worth of BiFury for $28,000 USD.

tokona

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

BFG has some tweakable settings for the Bi*fury... hit M to manage the device, then highlight your Bi*Fury on the list.  From there you can change the "Oscillator bits" by hitting O.  Default is 54.  I tried other values but for mine, it seems to like the default value just fine.
I did see that. thanks. But i have no idea what Oscillator bits is.

jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:10:30 PM

BFG has some tweakable settings for the Bi*fury... hit M to manage the device, then highlight your Bi*Fury on the list.  From there you can change the "Oscillator bits" by hitting O.  Default is 54.  I tried other values but for mine, it seems to like the default value just fine.
I did see that. thanks. But i have no idea what Oscillator bits is.

Handles the clock speed of the chips.  Higher bits = potentially faster, but can reduce stability especially if you don't have good active cooling.

For me, any higher than the default caused stability issues.

Also in answer to your other questions above... the red blinky = share accepted.  That's a good thing Wink

And don't worry about the Intensity settings since that's only for GPU and won't be applied to the Bi*fury.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: