Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bi•Fury | 5 GH/s USB Miner [IN STOCK!] {SALE !}  (Read 304792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Felipeo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

Still cant get my bi*fury's to run on raspberry... If its the same problem a week from now, im going to sell them again.

What a waste of money and time, and no support from sellers what so ever.

DONT BUY THESE

They won't run on a rasberry pi as the native usb ports do not give enougth power. The pi also does not detect USB 3 hubs which you pretty much need for these. Try hooking the pi up to a POWERED USB 2 hub and make sure it has plenty of power. Using a 48W USB3 hub i can only run 4 of these on one hub.

I am using a powered USB 2.0 Hub, with the red wire cut in the usb cable. Works just fine on windows 7. But no matter what i do, i cant get them to be detected on the rasp. Not even one.

I really think Felipeo or someone else from the store should come with a solution to this. Since there is no point in running them on a machine with a big psu, i end up using more power then im gaining from mining this way.

Problem is that every body have different condition and we can't answer all question for every body and support all customer fully.
That is reason of topic like this, people can write what setup they have and what hashrate they reached.
Please understand this is custom hardware and mining isn't easy, especially on ARM.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PeZ

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:42:46 PM

Just be aware that if your house burns down from a user modified USB Hub, your insurance company isn't going to pay you.
Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:14:42 PM

Thanks.  Smiley
I just wish I could afford a couple more of them they work great and don't cause conflicts with my RedFuries or other USB ASIC's.

Here is what I am getting with mine.  I might try lowering the Oscillating a bit to see if it reduces errors but this is un-overclocked.
Runs great and cool with and Artic Breeze fan on it.

[img]

Good for you ManeBjorn !  Wink
You nail it  Grin

Thanks for nice words Smiley

All our customers please remember:

You can use bitcointalk trust system
<--

I will be grateful for your feedbacks! Smiley

noveske

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

Hi,

Just received mine, but I am having problems installing the BFG compatible driver.
When I try to update the drive (from device manager), I get the error message:

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

I'm running Win7 64bit.
Any advice?

Thanks
Bearclaw

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:37:29 AM

Hi,

Just received mine, but I am having problems installing the BFG compatible driver.

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

I'm running Win7 64bit.
Any advice?

Thanks

Are you pointing Windows to the directory that has your bifury_c4C.inf file?  That is the file that Windows is looking for?  It will work with the 64-bit version.

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:06:15 PM

@felipeo, left you positive trust for sale of 10 Bi.Fury's you sold to me few weeks back.

I will log into my account and purchase another 10 today.

Thanks,
merv77
frederikhk

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:55:01 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:07:59 PM by frederikhk

since i bought my usb fan i keep getting 2-3 gh/s i did everything and it still won't go to 5. I tried:

1. Unplug usb fan

2. Plug usb fan into different port with usb power instead of power from power supply.

3. Change firmware from 90c to 120c

4.Use another version of cgminer

NOTHING worked. Please help me

Edit: Fixed it. For some reason it was my pool slowing it down O.o(btcguild.com) May order more soon if the sale stays for a few days!

EDIT 2: It randomly hashes at 3 or 5 gh/s pool was not the problem.
noveske

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:01:54 PM

Hi,

I'm running Win7 64bit.
Any advice?

Thanks

Are you pointing Windows to the directory that has your bifury_c4C.inf file?  That is the file that Windows is looking for?  It will work with the 64-bit version.

Managed to get it working on another pc; Upgraded the firmware, and now its working fine  Cheesy
pinsel120866

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:07:26 AM

I bought a Bifury and it works well for 2 Days and than it stops working until i replug the stick out/in. I see that the green LED does not work, is this a Problem?

I tried to flash the new firmware but the Folder of the Miner is empty (0 kB from 0 kB).
batmaninpink

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:24:06 PM

Was about to order a batch of 5 for local resell but the site seems unable to process the Bitcoin payment. Too bad. Sad
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:09:19 PM

Was about to order a batch of 5 for local resell but the site seems unable to process the Bitcoin payment. Too bad. Sad

I experienced same thing yesterday and I emailed him without reply yet
rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:48:23 PM

Site?
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:02:37 PM

Site?
it's on the first page

http://cryptostore.io/
rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:06:15 PM

Site?
it's on the first page

thought he said local reseller.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:25:19 PM

Site?
it's on the first page

thought he said local reseller.

He said he was buying 5 so HE could local resell.

Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

I bought a Bifury and it works well for 2 Days and than it stops working until i replug the stick out/in. I see that the green LED does not work, is this a Problem?

I tried to flash the new firmware but the Folder of the Miner is empty (0 kB from 0 kB).

With the new firmware green led will be off since you will start the mining software, Bi•Fury will start when software start give him work.
Red led will blink when Bi•Fury accept share. Its normal.

When your mining software crash (or you will turn it off) Bi•Fury will turn off (with led's of course Wink )

About flashing firmware, if you do all like in support instruction and you still have some problem please read FalconFly comment on this:

I think there's a small but important point missing in the description of the Firmware flash process :

- you need to keep those contacts closed all the way until the System recognizes it as Storage Device, installs/initializes USB Storage driver and opens appropiate Window on the Desktop/Device Icon appears - basically until the found storage device is clearly ready to use. This will take at least several seconds.

Letting go too early or temporarily losing the short circuit (can be a bit tricky to keep it closed all the time) just for an instant won't make the LED light up again (making it look like everything works as planned) but interrupts the whole process and will cause various errors in terms of device handling.

I believe it will help you.
We don't have any problems with flashing firmware in way straight from instruction, but like you can read above every body can have some tips form their own experience (thanks FalconFly for sharing this with us!) .

Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:47:53 PM

@felipeo, left you positive trust for sale of 10 Bi.Fury's you sold to me few weeks back.

I will log into my account and purchase another 10 today.

Thanks,
merv77

Thanks merv I appreciated !  Smiley

Felipeo (OP)

EOSABC

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:05:19 PM

I experienced same thing yesterday and I emailed him without reply yet

I answer you yesterday Smiley

There is some problems with blockchain.info API (I checked plugin sources and bc.info spec and its seem to be right, but problem witch API still remains  Undecided ).
I don't know that bc.info change some thing or wtf, its just happened from day to day after couple months of non problem working (if some one have some information about this issue PM me please).

Because of that I switch some plugin settings and now Bitcoin payment gateway is UP again with before properties = Bitstamp rate -discount % Smiley

Please be aware that some time your payed order status will not change even after 6+ confirmation, that can be normal because of this bc.info API problems.
Every day before shipping we will check all Bitcoin orders status to confirm payment and send them ASAP.

Thanks for understanding!

merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:06:17 PM

thanks for the update felipeo,

I just ordered and paid for another 10 BiFury's and after received I'll add another positive trust to your name.

Cheers
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Can i use the new firmware and to the  4gh/s version of the usb?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: