Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:00:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Cryptsy Delisting Poll  (Read 5403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:17:32 PM

today I managed to get my first cryptsy chat bans after asking bitjohn a load of questions about bribes for adding coins and about whey they don't clear up the exchange

You got a chat ban for going on and on how IFC, ADT and PYC were better than other coins and then at the same time telling us we should remove more coins I asked you to stop you just keep yammering on so you get a time out. Again people dont care about chat bans you would have gotten one 40x faster on other exchanges but after a while it gets old so you get a timeout.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:43:40 PM

today I managed to get my first cryptsy chat bans after asking bitjohn a load of questions about bribes for adding coins and about whey they don't clear up the exchange

You got a chat ban for going on and on how IFC, ADT and PYC were better than other coins and then at the same time telling us we should remove more coins I asked you to stop you just keep yammering on so you get a time out. Again people dont care about chat bans you would have gotten one 40x faster on other exchanges but after a while it gets old so you get a timeout.

I don't think that any coin is best I just know that those 3 coins out of the list of coins that were posted were not junk but I don't know about the others if you had read all of what I said it would have made more sence lol

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Any coin that has some of these should never be on the exchange in the first place

instamine
premine that's not accounted for
inactive devs
devs releasing under anon name
coins with stupid names
coins by devs that already have multiple coins
coins with no community
blatant pump and dumps

damn straight !

i should not have been under fire for ages because i wanted to know who made TIX for example.
i happen to know by name who was involved now after fighting for teh info blood bath style for ages.. banned many times on cryptsy for asking about it too pretty much.

that criteria Zack mentioned is common sense yet he had to post it because far too many coins were added that fall under it in the first place.
Uncheck the checkbox does not stop this scene from spiraling down the drain either so no i don't want to hear that Wink
Why is it when i asked about TIX i was told by a few orange named guys more than once they know who the TIX dev is and there for it could be added to the exchange
yet the same orange colored names at cryptsy have kept giving me the same excuse for adding coins.. "USER DEMAND"
why is user demand not good enough to know who the hell started the coin and yet used as an excuse to get them listed ?
See the hypocrisy ?
There is a scammer tag rating here and one should be added for liers.. and that is reason enough to make it mandatory for the public to know the dev is /period
this is non optional as far as i'm concerned.. either i know clearly or i won't touch their crap. Hell i think it should be added on the exchange right beside the coin trade symbol etc

This whole releasing coins on BCTalk is not a rule routine is a blatant attempt at scammy behavior such as when TIX and CENT had this happen
both of these were flash mined by Cryptsy mods and friends and these coins were fast tracked to the exchange almost instantly in comparison to others waiting ages..
Cent on Shake's topic some random guy here made said it was a joke / experiment coin so why was it added at all ? And was is it ok to add a coin pre-released and flash mined on Cryptsy chat ? (Cent)
And same crap with TIX.. this was deliberately released elsewhere in advance i have Spots logged saying it was released exclusively 4 days previously in a chat log at cryptonerd
TIX was a collaboration between well known devs that release many coins under lots of names and cryptsy mods all doing their own part in the whole deal.. i have TONS of proof of this.
kinda of a funny coincidence how this new market was added while adding TIX at the same time while dozens of other coin devs wait months and give up waiting..

So uuuuuuhhhh we wouldn't have to de-list any if we used some intelligence adding them in the first place lol
but we ALL know that know don't we Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:04:50 PM

Any coin that has some of these should never be on the exchange in the first place

instamine
premine that's not accounted for
inactive devs
devs releasing under anon name
coins with stupid names
coins by devs that already have multiple coins
coins with no community
blatant pump and dumps

damn straight !

i should not have been under fire for ages because i wanted to know who made TIX for example.
i happen to know by name who was involved now after fighting for teh info blood bath style for ages.. banned many times on cryptsy for asking about it too pretty much.

that criteria Zack mentioned is common sense yet he had to post it because far too many coins were added that fall under it in the first place.
Uncheck the checkbox does not stop this scene from spiraling down the drain either so no i don't want to hear that Wink
Why is it when i asked about TIX i was told by a few orange named guys more than once they know who the TIX dev is and there for it could be added to the exchange
yet the same orange colored names at cryptsy have kept giving me the same excuse for adding coins.. "USER DEMAND"
why is user demand not good enough to know who the hell started the coin and yet used as an excuse to get them listed ?
See the hypocrisy ?
There is a scammer tag rating here and one should be added for liers.. and that is reason enough to make it mandatory for the public to know the dev is /period
this is non optional as far as i'm concerned.. either i know clearly or i won't touch their crap. Hell i think it should be added on the exchange right beside the coin trade symbol etc

This whole releasing coins on BCTalk is not a rule routine is a blatant attempt at scammy behavior such as when TIX and CENT had this happen
both of these were flash mined by Cryptsy mods and friends and these coins were fast tracked to the exchange almost instantly in comparison to others waiting ages..
Cent on Shake's topic some random guy here made said it was a joke / experiment coin so why was it added at all ? And was is it ok to add a coin pre-released and flash mined on Cryptsy chat ? (Cent)
And same crap with TIX.. this was deliberately released elsewhere in advance i have Spots logged saying it was released exclusively 4 days previously in a chat log at cryptonerd
TIX was a collaboration between well known devs that release many coins under lots of names and cryptsy mods all doing their own part in the whole deal.. i have TONS of proof of this.
kinda of a funny coincidence how this new market was added while adding TIX at the same time while dozens of other coin devs wait months and give up waiting..

So uuuuuuhhhh we wouldn't have to de-list any if we used some intelligence adding them in the first place lol
but we ALL know that know don't we Wink

Good thing nobody cares about your opinion because your facts are way off lol go look at the cryptonerd and tickets thread time stamps for example. I didn't even bother to read all of this nonsense, so I'll only respond to the one point I actually saw before being overcome by boredom of the same lies and bullshit you've been spouting for the last 2 months

dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:28:44 PM

What I found in this forum is that long paragraphs are usually junks. This is because the people who wrote it:
- don't know how to make their points, or they simply have no points to make
- use long paragraph to confuse people
- use long paragraph to make them looks like they have a lot of arguments
- they have nothing else to do in life
- they are eager to promote/defend their shit coins or to bash good ones.

So I learned to read the long paragraphs in the opposite way:
- if it promote/defend a coin, that coin = shit coin.
- if it bashes a coin, that coin =  a great one.

Just to share my experiences Grin
smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:39:05 PM

Why delist any coin? Reasons given in the past are low hash rate so moving coins in and out is difficult. Okay set a hash rate level that is necessary to stay listed on the exchange.
Low difficulty coins are crying for double-spend attack, so requiring some minimum hashrate is a good idea.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
RJ2013

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:06:33 PM

The only real criteria that should be used is

" Can Cryptsy make a profit from it"

Cryptsy is a FOR PROFIT business...

They're not here for the better of mankind, making a stand against big banks or any of the other 50 altruistic bullshit reasons I have seen posted in this forum as the "idea" behind any given "coin x".

Profit, making money, getting rich...... <---- should be the only criteria

~BCX~

+1 just remove the least trading activities i believe

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:14:11 AM

They're not here for the better of mankind, making a stand against big banks or any of the other 50 altruistic bullshit reasons I have seen posted in this forum as the "idea" behind any given "coin x".

~BCX~

people that only care about money are the reason the governments are the way they are 

if people are only doing it for the money there never going to help crypto on the long run all they will do is milk it until its dry

LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:16:00 AM

~BCX~

I couldn't agree more.. But the question is, does Cryptsy want to make a profit over the long term or the short term ?

I've spent fiat to invest in crypto, as well as spent fiat on hardware and electricity for mining.

Fortunately, although I'm a lousy trader, I've been around long enough to have an idea of what I'm doing.

Not everybody does though, and some will invest in a coin just to have it delisted and become a bagholder.

If Cryptsy enters a cycle of listing and delisting coins and leaving bagholders then investor confidence in all crypto's will suffer. In fact it's already started to decline.

I'm also a little confused.. More coins may mean more trades, which means more commisions, but more coins means less market capitialisation per coin which should mean less value per commision.

In the end I think it comes down to does Cryptsy want to make profits over the short term, or possibly smaller profits for much much longer.. Given the inherrent deflationary aspect of most crypto's, a long term approach may be the most profitable.

But I'm not a business man, economistic or trader... My views may be over simplistic... 

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:44:42 AM

~BCX~

people that only care about money are the reason the governments are the way they are 

if people are only doing it for the money there never going to help crypto on the long run all they will do is milk it until its dry

Seriously....

99.99% of people in crypto as a whole are here for one thing, that's to make money.

The idealist are the laughed at .01%.

~BCX~

one day you will realise that money is not everything

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:59:38 AM

~BCX~

Seriously....

99.99% of people in crypto as a whole are here for one thing, that's to make money.

~BCX~

one day you will realise that money is not everything

One day you will wake up and realize that he's right.

if 99.99% of people are only here to make money doesn't that just make it a pyramid scheme ?

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 05:42:30 AM

if 99.99% of people are only here to make money doesn't that just make it a pyramid scheme ?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner....

Miners by year

2010 2010 2010
                                            2011 2011 2011 2011 2011
                                       2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012
                                2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013
                      every body else that has a gpu card and a wet dream including you

~BCX~

That's not what a pyramid scheme is at all. That is just what advertising does

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 12:45:32 AM

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner....

Miners by year

2010 2010 2010
                                            2011 2011 2011 2011 2011
                                       2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012
                                2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013
                      every body else that has a gpu card and a wet dream including you

~BCX~

That's not what a pyramid scheme is at all. That is just what advertising does

It's almost exactly what a pyramid scheme is. The early birds get rich, and the later ones get fucked.

It's almost the exact opposite, actually. Otherwise you would basically be calling every stock that went from a penny to a dollar a pyramid scheme, which they quite obviously are not

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:04:36 AM

黑平台,骗子平台!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:33:24 AM

~BCX~

Seriously....

~BCX~

i can't argue with that.. the atraction for me here (altcoin scene) was being able to make some money.. i won't even try and deny that. lol
But lets be real here you can't say all coin devs and their goals are equal.. there is wolves among the sheep ..hiding ..always
and when it comes time to add or delist coins is not important which ones have worked with integrity and which have not ?
making money is not evil.. i have no problem with that.
But i don't deal with banks who have their tellers wearing gloves and sky masks to protect their identity (aka: coin devs who need to lurk around in secrecy)

anyway there is a couple guys that went to a lot of trouble to post the info here requested and i see no point in repeating it.. i agree 100% with the other guys earlier here
when they mentioned which coins by name should be removed and why.. the reasons seemed solid and i have my vote as YES me too i agree !
i also agree with BJ when he said that one coin was just recently added.. good point.. give it a chance (i have none of them and prob never will but i like fairness)

What to remove ? hmmm what i want removed and what *should be removed are two separate things ..a good point here to bring up is
once one of these coins has taken off it gets investors and its not fair to them to yank the plug which is why i get bothered when say TIX was added..
Now that its on there yeah i would love to see it removed but in reality its been invested in by legit people so i say no leave it on there..
Once a coin is added to an exchange is fair game for trading i think. Some of these coins have a bad history but that is not the whole issue.
Pretty sure NVC is a long bad story yet its popular and worth a lot..

What is needed is some GUIDELINES by Cryptsy intended for coins devs. A criteria of sorts for them to aim for..
NOT rules.. i did not say that !
Hell just create a topic here and make a list of thing you want from the devs and that should help a lot and its simple.

say for example.

Wanted / Requested Coin Features
---------------------------------
- Github page with source code for all wallets and miners etc.
- A publicly known Coin dev identity / persona / alias
- A minimum amount of time for the coin to exist.

you guys get the idea.. its all common sense.. and you know what ? so is this topic .....
your answer is the same thing i just posted for Coin's added guidleines.. if they don't meet those THEN REMOVE THEM .

or.... let's get creative making excuses as usual lol

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 01:35:56 AM

The crazy has come to bitcointalk

valley365

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:30:15 AM

What I found in this forum is that long paragraphs are usually junks. This is because the people who wrote it:
- don't know how to make their points, or they simply have no points to make
- use long paragraph to confuse people
- use long paragraph to make them looks like they have a lot of arguments
- they have nothing else to do in life
- they are eager to promote/defend their shit coins or to bash good ones.

So I learned to read the long paragraphs in the opposite way:
- if it promote/defend a coin, that coin = shit coin.
- if it bashes a coin, that coin =  a great one.

Just to share my experiences Grin

Well said, we have so many examples...
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:56:21 AM

Maybe going forward, starting from right here and now many of these idea's and suggestions posted would be wise for new arrivals.

But what about those that are already listed, and have already been traded?

Those traders that hold those crypto-currencies will be left in the cold, as will those currencies likely gravely hammered.

Doesn't seem fitting, nor like smart business either.

I joined and put my trust and faith in Cryptsy for exactly the very reason that their willing to list the widest selection of coins while doing their level best to comply with a regulations and rules in the land their in, the same land I am in. (the USA).

Suddenly doing an about face with their existing business model would have me running for cover and not able to trust them very much anymore.

Picking and choosing what to list is one thing, but de-listing should be left to the marketplace itself. In other words let their values fall to almost zero, at a predetermined price, much like stock exchanges have in place, before being de-listed, for ones that were fortunate enough to get listed in the first place.

Sure we all know here that their are many 'crap-coins' and such. And going forward yes Crypsy may want to establish more firm rules for getting listed in the first place. Seems like a great idea, Going Forward. But not retro-actively for existing listings that likely should be merely Grandfathered in place and let the real Free Market deal with them as it cares to do so with set. to be determined minimum price levels before their able to be de-listed from future trading.

Some suddenly are here asking our Exchange to in essence regulate and restrict the marketplace somewhat arbitrarily. Maybe they have great intentions but it's a very slippery slope!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:25:00 AM

Maybe going forward, starting from right here and now many of these idea's and suggestions posted would be wise for new arrivals.

But what about those that are already listed, and have already been traded?

Those traders that hold those crypto-currencies will be left in the cold, as will those currencies likely gravely hammered.

Doesn't seem fitting, nor like smart business either.

I joined and put my trust and faith in Cryptsy for exactly the very reason that their willing to list the widest selection of coins while doing their level best to comply with a regulations and rules in the land their in, the same land I am in. (the USA).

Suddenly doing an about face with their existing business model would have me running for cover and not able to trust them very much anymore.

Picking and choosing what to list is one thing, but de-listing should be left to the marketplace itself. In other words let their values fall to almost zero, at a predetermined price, much like stock exchanges have in place, before being de-listed, for ones that were fortunate enough to get listed in the first place.

Sure we all know here that their are many 'crap-coins' and such. And going forward yes Crypsy may want to establish more firm rules for getting listed in the first place. Seems like a great idea, Going Forward. But not retro-actively for existing listings that likely should be merely Grandfathered in place and let the real Free Market deal with them as it cares to do so with set. to be determined minimum price levels before their able to be de-listed from future trading.

Some suddenly are here asking our Exchange to in essence regulate and restrict the marketplace somewhat arbitrarily. Maybe they have great intentions but it's a very slippery slope!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

I can't help but point out that they do regulate and restrict the marketplace.. If they didn't they would add every coin...

And if they added every coin they would oversaturate the marketplace...

The question then, is by which criteria do they decide to list a coin, because if they do it arbitrarily, they would end up listing cryptocurrencies with little value as currencies, and having no commericial value, those currencies would fail and then be worthless, and require a delisting process.

Perhaps, instead of bringing out new "currencies", developers should take an existing currency with no development, such as royalcoin buy it up, mine it and develop it...

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:01:53 AM

The crazy has come to bitcointalk

oh by the way i would appreciate it if you could keep your unprofessional "business man" Trolling confined to Cryptsy chat..
I would expect better from a guy who runs around bragging to be a certified Mensa genius lol

This spots character is a lyer and a thief and a scammer and worst of a Troll and usually has nothing to contribute but snotty comments
AND THAT is why some of you out there are on my shit list.. you guys know better ..you watch him pull stunt after stunt yet still work with him ?
gimme a break.. suffer the consequences.

I sneeze at Cryptsy and they dive on me this guy pull stunts non stop and they play dumb about it all..

And yea i can and have proven my statements far too many times.. so much i have been banned for proving it many times
because they quote / unquote don't want to here it.. so take your pick guys ..you can't have it both ways.

Last thing this guy did was steal coins and offer them to BigVern basically..
I watched him offer to help r3wt get a super block to revive his coin NAN and when Spots got the block he said,
I got the block but it turned out to be an orphan and i don't know who got it..
About 24 hrs later i watched Spots in front of us all on Cryptsy chat offer the super block he was supposedly trying to get as a favor to r3wt to BigVern
and he said word for word that he got it and that he was holding it for only BigVern and that he does not trust r3wt with it and won't give it to anyone else..
And later i told r3wt and he made excuses for Spots ..wow some people like getting stabbed in the back lol

So yeah that is what i call theft and to go along wit this "business mans" Trolling lies and threats i would call that stealing etc
This "business man" has called me a fag in front of mods endlessly while they pretend they didn't see it and if i respond they ban me..
Even after i have posted such things as the 3/4 pm's this Mensa genius" has sent me swearing at me and thretening me with a lawsuits.
combined with threats that he was rich and knew who i was and could "come get me"..
So uhhh your gonna beat me up and sue me ?

Who is the crazy one ? hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm ?

Spots you need to learn to shut your mouth

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: