Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Cryptsy Delisting Poll  (Read 5403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:28:09 PM

Just goes to show you how many junk coins are out there nowadays, which only makes support work for the exchanges with little return.

If I was Cryptsy I would look at the last months volume of each coin, set a minimum BTC volume they should have achived, and suspend any that didn't make that minimum.

I figure a month is long enough to see if a coin is still alive.

You don't need a poll, you could auto script it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:34:33 PM

The only real criteria that should be used is

" Can Cryptsy make a profit from it"

Cryptsy is a FOR PROFIT business...

They're not here for the better of mankind, making a stand against big banks or any of the other 50 altruistic bullshit reasons I have seen posted in this forum as the "idea" behind any given "coin x".

Profit, making money, getting rich...... <---- should be the only criteria

~BCX~

very short sighted business model. best idea for longterm viability is not to make such a joke out of cryptos by listing every scam/joke coin that comes along.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:37:16 PM

this threads looking like the hardcopy version of cryptsy chat  Roll Eyes
exnom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:00:20 PM

I joined and put my trust and faith in Cryptsy for exactly the very reason that their willing to list the widest selection of coins while doing their level best to comply with a regulations and rules in the land their in, the same land I am in. (the USA).

Suddenly doing an about face with their existing business model would have me running for cover and not able to trust them very much anymore.

Amen and +1 to that statement.

Maybe use the BTC/LTC/XPM markets more, move coins from market X to market Y depending on Z factor/factors.
No point in having coins listed on 2 or 3 markets..
Remove some of the really dead ones and move in a bunch of new ones.

Want to trade Altcoins? Come give https://cryptsy.com a try.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 04:19:55 PM

if 99.99% of people are only here to make money doesn't that just make it a pyramid scheme ?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner....

Miners by year

2010 2010 2010
                                            2011 2011 2011 2011 2011
                                       2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012 2012
                                2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013 2013
                      every body else that has a gpu card and a wet dream including you

~BCX~

Dam I love it , but I like pyramids generally. 

Good post .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 04:29:32 PM

Just goes to show you how many junk coins are out there nowadays, which only makes support work for the exchanges with little return.

If I was Cryptsy I would look at the last months volume of each coin, set a minimum BTC volume they should have achived, and suspend any that didn't make that minimum.

I figure a month is long enough to see if a coin is still alive.

You don't need a poll, you could auto script it.

This not a bad idea .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:25:45 PM

The only real criteria that should be used is

" Can Cryptsy make a profit from it"

Cryptsy is a FOR PROFIT business...

They're not here for the better of mankind, making a stand against big banks or any of the other 50 altruistic bullshit reasons I have seen posted in this forum as the "idea" behind any given "coin x".

Profit, making money, getting rich...... <---- should be the only criteria

~BCX~

very short sighted business model. best idea for longterm viability is not to make such a joke out of cryptos by listing every scam/joke coin that comes along.

That's the POINT of Cryptsy. No one would put up with how buggy it is if it wasn't the only place to trade shitcoins.

Fixing your typo

That's the POINT of Cryptsy. No one would put up with how buggy it is if it wasn't the only place to trade dump shitcoins.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:05:40 AM

Only Prudent Regulations are sensible. Not self serving ones.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:37:38 AM

A Trading Exchange such as Cryptsy evolving into a Selective Exchange at the request of a minority screams in the face of it's very business model to date.

Of course it's entirely up to Cryptsy. And I for one have put my faith and trust in only them as my own Trading Exchange (so far) for the very business model they selected from the outset. But I wont be supporting Trading Exchanges that don't follow a Open & Fair Free Market Agenda. A REAL one. Not a controlled marketplace where winners are selected and chosen, others singled out for what amounts to termination without just cause, especially by a small minority, unless it happens to follow a well defined set of prudent Rules & Regulations.

Rules, Regulations, Stipulations are all fine. Set them up. Have a guide to follow. Put them in writing. Cryptsy can make judgement calls if needed.

But de-listing any currency unless truly required by Cryptsy's own Rules, Regulations, Stipulations is merely a self serving witch hunt no matter what the best of intentions may have been.

No, I don't support the majority of crypto-currencies at Cryptsy. Not hardly. But I do only support Free Market Capitalism. Real Free Markets, and their Businesses.

Some here don't seem to support anything but their own interests.

Cryptsy asking all of us here what to list and de-list is also very likely not extremely wise. There are far too many self-serving interests here.

Maybe merely asking what kind of rules, regulations and stipulations here would be far wiser.

Please, consider working on PRUDENT regulations and rules. Not overburdening, or overbearing ones. List idea's here, or start a new tread. Make it so we can reasonably trim the fat, so to speak, ever so slowly. So that those that are stuck with dying currencies at least have a time limit to either get out of them, or hold them as they choose to.

What does concern me, and hopefully a lot of others is having a  broad crypto-currency Exchange that allows us all to trade any and all viable crypto-currencies that each have any real market value. Higher demand, or lower demand doesn't matter. It's market value per unit is the key to look to for this. Below a preset threshold value it should maybe be up for being de-listed. but only after it fails to rise back up over that level after a certain amount of time has gone by. Say 30, 60, or 90 days. This is basically what the stock market exchanges do in case anyone is wondering.

But if it's not worth Cryptsy's efforts to extend their business to the lowest demand types that would also be fine too. It's their business after all.  But seeing as how the costs of services are close to zero when on top of all their other offerings it seems wiser to choose to take whatever meager profits there are from those trades too, which would directly add to any net profits, over and above all other net profits. End result is pure gravy on top per say. Not much maybe, but all gravy.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: