Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now no longer about drugs. It is about the same time for gambling.  (Read 2602 times)
DeeBo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:54:25 AM

Bitcoin will not succeed to the masses if the first thing someone hears is gambling or drugs. The Silk Road seizure was the best thing that ever happened to Bitcoin - it hurt the image temporarily, but in the long term Bitcoin without illegal narcotics is good for the success of Bitcoin. However, there are many gambling sites that are still in existence. For Bitcoin to succeed, we must get rid of these sites.

I recommend bitcoin users stop playing unregulated internet gambling and report these sites to your authorities. Anything illegal is not good for bitcoin

EDIT: This post was done by a hacker that took control over my account. I had not changed my password on bitcointalk and I had an easy one. I have no regained control over the account. Ignore this post.

Drugs I can understand but who is against gambling? I don't know anyone who is totally against gambling.

Drugs and gambling are really similar in a lot of ways.  Ever hear of Gamblers Anonymous?  It can be a major addiction for some people just like drugs can and those who have a problem with it will say they get a kind of high from it.  Then sometimes it gets to where they just can't stop; either because they're on a winning streak and get that false boost of confidence or because they've lost a lot and need to "win it back."  Either way, it can consume your life and throw your finances down the toilet.

That said, plenty of people can gamble occasionally and never lose more than they can afford; it's just a fun hobby for them.  Just like drugs are just a fun hobby for the majority of users.  I take the libertarian point of view here that conscenting adults should be able to live their lives the way they choose without government intervention in such personal matters.  It's one reason I'm a fan of bitcoin; it takes one more thing out of the government's control and puts it back into the people's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:18:03 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 05:35:09 AM by franky1

the real problem I see is more businesses need to start accepting bitcoin and the user experience to use bitcoin needs to be simpler for the average person.

i have just less then 24 hours ago had words with BIPS and hopefully they will come up with this solution
And this my dear sir, is a very good idea.

1. You could make it so you visit a website with all the coffee variants, simply clicking on what you want, and you will be presented with the payment information, from where you can pay using whatever Bitcoin app.
2. You could scan the menu card, which would have QR codes for every coffee variants, and be directed directly to the payment.
3. Only imagination. But wow what a roller coaster we are about to embark on.

i was more thinking of a quickpay app bips could make.
my idea is to just stay sat at the table, select starbucks from bips app, scan the coffee QR code from the menu and then press order.. no staff needed, no chirps needed, no unique addresses needed for the merchant to distinguish between transactions. no confirms needed as funds are pre-confirmed..

that is how things should be done..

customers:
registration - get given deposit address to PRE-PAY a small pocket money amount (this is to preconfirm payment and create a balance/credit)
using it - app shows a list of merchants to pay that use the quickpay gateway. customer selects the merchant.
customer scans a product barcode or qr code that holds info like the price and product name
API call from the app goes to bipsquickpay server and changes the balances/credit in favour of the merchant and sends the order via API to the merchant.

no waiting for confirms as the funds are technically already in bips hands. and as it is only 2 API calls and a balanace/credit database alteration it should take only a second or 2 to complete

I will give it a shot.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fuggedit

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Do as I say to do--But don't. (Mind Blown)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

Whats most surprising is how well the btc has held up. I wouldve expected it to drop by half. Instead it held almost the same level.

Zakryze

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 11:24:52 AM

awww man you're all just jeallous because you cant play those games.
The lottery aint forbidden either and if you think those sites are not legit avoid them but i made quite a coin from satoshidice and other sites already.
I agree that it can be addicting but only if you win or gamble with money that you care about and therefor shouldnt gamble with...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:00:17 PM

Next what, you will require that bitcoin cannot be used to trade "kinder eggs" because they are ILLEGAL in usa?  Shocked Shocked

This is a kinder egg:

It is ILLEGAL in the land of freedom usa  Shocked

OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:19:55 PM

EDIT: This post was done by a hacker that took control over my account. I had not changed my password on bitcointalk and I had an easy one. I have no regained control over the account. Ignore this post.

Hacking to make an anti-gambling statement - that's got to be a first.

tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:22:04 PM

Bitcoin and gambling are a marriage made in Heaven.   It will be incredibly good for bitcoin, long-term.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:25:30 AM

No need for gambling to stop as far as I can think of.

more or less retired.
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:57:46 AM

Bitcoin will not succeed to the masses if the first thing someone hears is gambling or drugs. The Silk Road seizure was the best thing that ever happened to Bitcoin - it hurt the image temporarily, but in the long term Bitcoin without illegal narcotics is good for the success of Bitcoin. However, there are many gambling sites that are still in existence. For Bitcoin to succeed, we must get rid of these sites.

I recommend bitcoin users stop playing unregulated internet gambling and report these sites to your authorities. Anything illegal is not good for bitcoin

Do u mean u can't log into ur account? Cheesy

Yeah, I advise the OP to get a new account and make a clean break from all this incompetence.

If you're a young noob, don't worry, things will get better.
If you're an older noob, you should know better by now.

Solution for this ineptitude, delete account and deny all knowledge of the account or better still, use your new account to express ridicule for the OP's failure to use standard forum login correctly.

Cheesy

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:55:21 PM

Ganna take years until they start to close down Bitcoin gambling site due to the fact that, there are so many illegal online fiat gambling which they are still trying hard to track.

MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:52:56 PM

gambling is not illegal its one of industries in many European countries but bad thing is illegal sites so you just stop to pay them then not worries about this

ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:20:01 PM

its a big industry how can you do this even its no illegal in many countries as they are too much depended on this  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: