Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:36:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2925 times)
bienvang192

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:57:04 AM

Because BitCoin is the first and largest crypto, when confidence is shown in it, there's carry over to other cryptos. With decentralized exchanges and the massive success of recent ICO's, I think this is only the beginning for BitCoin, blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ms Nuha

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:26:56 AM

according to this, each and all related to the cryptocurrency industry is dependent on bitcoin. Through Coinmarketcap itself, we can understand it in a clear way how bitcoin prices impact on ICO and altcoin and if the value of Bitcoin falls, its effect on other altcoins decreases gradually.

gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:29:27 AM

I think when the price of bitcoin or altcoins falls as the price of tokens is also a problem, so investors are in trouble when they buy tokens that are expensive and that they sell them cheaply at the end of the day when everything falls price apart from market exchanger.
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

I think yes. When people start to receive more income, they begin to look for ways to invest these incomes and ICO is one of the ways of investing. When bitcoin falls, cryptoinvestors lose money and they have nothing to invest.

kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:40:40 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
it only affects the amount that they collected from the previous ico, it affects because ico has the target amount of funds that they must achieve before the deadline, and it is all base on the price of bitcoin if they will reach it or not.
goffbar

Activity: 103
Merit: 9

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:44:34 AM

Yes, it can. When BTC fall it will influence Altcoin and also ICO which cause after the ICO period end, token price will below the predicted price.

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS
The 1st A.I. Powered Decentralized Equity Exchange (DEEX)
https://ahrvo.io
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:53:26 AM

ICO could certainly be said to be entirely removing the crypto. This is the basis that Crypto from ICO certainly has adoption or innovation from an in-flight bitcoin. then, of course, it's natural if bitcoin also have the influence on the ICO because it is the oldest known crypto bitcoin has become big and emulate their success to others.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

The fact that bitcoin is falling seriously affects the ICO, so now there are so few projects coming out!
alexandermr091

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:04:10 AM

i don't really understand about that but after i see if bitcoin is down then altcoin price also goes down and maybe this also happened at performance when ico make people lose a lot of money when ico investment
frirstfootonthemoon1989

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

I think there is a direct effect of bitcoin price in ICOs. When the bitcoin drops, majority of the coins also drops. It is just a domino effect. Majority of the price of the coins depends on the price of the bitcoin.
TheGreatUnknown

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

Yeah, I think the bitcoin price is affecting all maybe most since the price is dependent on bitcoin, especially ethereum so when it value fluctuates to low the prices of the ICO's project are also getting low, I've realized this since I experience this in my trading history that the ethereum price really affects the price of the other coins.
Harlen.t

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:08:54 PM

The funding for an ICO depends on the value of the bitcoin. So when the bitcoin is down then so as for the ICO funds. For example, an ICO uses a certain altcoin, when bitcoin is down, the other altcoin is also downl
hoami55

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:04:06 AM

When the market is bearish and bitcoin price is low, people are less willing to participate in ICOs.
During the past months, lots of ICOs didn't even reach soft cap.
albertvahitov

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

I think it affects the ICO projects heavily.  Because it all starts with Bitcoin let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then Bitcoin drop same as Ethereum then also tokens under Ethereum will also dump the price.
amila_cs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:27:17 PM

It is. When the market is down and fiat is flowing out of the crypto market the ICO's do not perform well. Even though your project is great and well hyped your ICO reaching the hard cap in an extreme bear market is very rare

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:29:48 PM

I think it affects the ICO projects heavily.  Because it all starts with Bitcoin let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then Bitcoin drop same as Ethereum then also tokens under Ethereum will also dump the price.
People use Ethereum as a coin for their crowdsales and that causes the price of Ethereum to go up, the price could go lower if they ever try to sell their coins.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ngocnga0051

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:03:54 AM

maybe if whole market is down and alts follow the btc this market circle means hot money leaves btc and going to alts. and if market is red and someone wanna to invest with fiat its profitable for him, but only few percent of investors are converting fiat to cryptos in order to participate in ICO.
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:58:25 AM

Bitcoin has a big impact on all the ICOs because the price of bitcoin will be the basis of how much each price per token,especially now that bitcoin price drop too much so all the token prices now will also falls down so for all the investors who want to invest in a ICOs do not look at the price of each token you should be smart enough to win every investment that you do.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Matic

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:44:08 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

I think the Bitcoin has some non-direct but mystique effect on all the alternative cryptocurrencies price, so we definitely attacks the ico's. Because of low bitcoin price there are less invested on the stage.

nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:50:13 AM

it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.
Yes, I agree strongly with your suggestion because bitcoin controls the price of altcoin and this also affects the icos when they get listed for exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: