Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1656 times)
AnnaSitnikova

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:44:53 PM

Before investing in a particular project, you need to study the team, the product and the road map! Look for information on the Internet and draw conclusions for yourself

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RKSummer

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:25:25 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?

It is hard to determine if the project is a scam. I think it is better read and analyze the whitepaper of the company, read the feedbacks and comments regarding the projects.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
First of all you need to make a research about the project and the next thing is read their whitepaper and roadmap if it is not  copy pasting into another project then read their ann thread if they receive a negative feedback on the other and then the last thing you will do is observe the project if the team are active and continue sharing what is going on their project.
Catcorn

Activity: 274

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:50:48 PM

You can never be absolutely sure is project good or not. To be more confident, read the announcement, whitepaper and website of the project, look at how much money is needed for project and how much do they expect to X, consult with some experienced users.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

To identify a bad project or a good project, you need to invest time to analyze the whole project. such as staff, ideas, and founders and investors. As many celebrities are involved in the project, it is a potential project. If there are few participants and the founders are anonymous, you should be careful with those projects.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

To start of, one of the best way is read topics in beginners and help.

I would also like to see it as a failed project rather than scam. Try researching about the developing team and reading their whitepaper, join their group to see if their managers and admins are active.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

until today, there are more and more ICO projects have many familiar ideas making us very hard to distinguish which one is scam, even professionals investors can hardly to know, so it is very risky if we just invest in an ICO we don't do research carefully, of course reading whitepaper and road map are things that we should do at the begining, but after that, checking the Team and developers is a very important step, also the community, if the community have too much promoting acitivites and without any knowledge contribution to the ICO, then we should not invest into that ICO,...
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

Look into a couple of things and you should know pretty quick. Check out the team, premine, and whitepaper and you should get a pretty good idea of whether it is a scam or not. Also you can check if the github is active, that may help as well.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
VampKing
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

To know if a project is scam or not look at some striking points.
1. Project plan
2. Whitelists
3. Management team
4. Future plan
5. Relevant Features
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:33:37 PM

You can check the team's profile and credibility if they are real people morelikely they wont scam people because they are in great danger because much people know them if they did something wrong the police can easily caught them or their lives can easily be taken by someone who will get pissed off.Only invest to these projects which used their personal profiles and names to the project.
Hanvis

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:34:03 PM

First you need to check the team developers. Also, note the road map. If they have a strong team, you should check out the coin's community. Check out telegram group, if there are many people in the group, it is a good sign. Look at their idea, it should be good and promising.
Cedrick

Activity: 337

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:02:01 PM

When joining a project, always, always search if it is good or not.
Many people are giving feedbacks from projects here in duscussions like this.
You should learn to search and read comments about a certain project.
Also, you should check the team behind a project. There are many great teams and manager that are popular here.
I recommend deadley and needmoney. They are a great bounty manager based on my exprience.
The first thing you/we need to consider is to read the ANN and how's the project run till the end of that certain ICO Project. Yup we should stick to one or two campaign manager. Deadly and Blockeye are the campaign managers i followed. my experience with them or work with them is so smooth that is the time i followed them.

rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:12:08 AM

choose an ICO which has like 7000 coins = 1 ETH
that should be a good type of ICO
and also do check for their white papers and important documents also the websites if it looks legit,
sometimes I see ICO but ignore them turning out that I make a mistake nnot making to join with them

mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:24:07 AM

It is hard to detect scam project. If it was easy many peoples wouldn't get scammed.
But,maybe it's better if you do a research first about their project, read the whitepaper and their social media.
Blekok001

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:18:57 AM

Just like you, I am also a beginner in the crypto world.
Just suggest to you all about what I read, try to research it carefully and find as much detail as possible about the project you want to choose, I think you can start by reading from the whitepaper project you are going to follow, usually a good project will gives you accurate descriptions and also has a team of experienced in this project.
Many look for existing information, it could be a way of reading and also consultation to friends who have ecperienced follow the project.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:33:13 AM

I think its hard to determine that project scam or not. What we can do is just minimizing our risk by research about their team and their whitepaper but its not guarantee its not a scam. But research on that project and finding information on social media can minimizing risk we can get scammed

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:04:10 AM

We cannot predict at all 100% true if an ICO is scam project or not. However, we may indicate some:
1. Analyze the token supply and its allocation including the price. Analyze also the wallet transaction. Some scams may make the conditions very high and the transactions are limited to some wallet address.
2. The team of the developers is not clearly stated.
3. There is no clear explanation about the roadmap, token sale, whitepaper, and also the project product as in the web and whitepaper.
4. Analyze the community behind the project.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:11:41 AM

to check them frauds or not it is very difficult for us to check their social identity, their background and should often ask the more senior members because they will know less about it than fraud or not from their experience.

SeriousHodler

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:36:44 AM

Yes you can identify a project if it's good or bad! The most important thing you must do is research. Read their whitepaper and examine the team behind it if their credible and experienced enough in this field Smiley i found a very good one and they're called DCC. They are so active in this community and gives updates about their milestones and activities they're doing. Sample of an update is this -> DCC Weekly Update

If you want to learn more about them, you can visit their website at http://dcc.finance/ or follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DccOfficial2018

Goodluck to you!
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:44:03 AM

of course there is a way to find out. but more so on the experience issues you have. I think experience is very important in the crypto industry.
you can start by analyzing each ico and comparing it with some ico that has been successful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: