Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd like to buy instead of borrow  (Read 966 times)
Flora (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:21:42 PM

Can an experienced user buy bitcoins for me and send them to me? I'll pay for the btc and a reasonable transaction fee before you deposit them in my wallet of course! Amazon has something similar to PayPal and I'd like to use that but if you prefer something else, we'll use that instead. I've been wanting to buy btc for weeks but I haven't been able to because I want to buy them online and there's always a snag to stop me from using whatever websites I've learned about here or at Wikipedia. It would be much easier for me if someone else buys the bitcoins for me ($175.00 USD or 1.33 btc currently) and I pay that person to send the bitcoins to me. Anyone interested in helping a first-time buyer and making $10.00?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 07:33:54 PM

Have you tried https://localbitcoins.com

?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Flora (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

Yes, but I didn't find any offers that would truly let me buy online. The website says "Buy bitcoins online" but in reality what you do there is order online and go out to handle the rest of the transaction. Some or all sellers who take Western Union or MoneyGram specify that you can't use either .com to send them payment, you have to physically visit a store and pay with cash. I even registered for an OKPay account only to find out that OKPay doesn't accept US clients. So if my objective is to buy btc online I don't see how I can do that without someone deciding to assist me.

That is a helpful website and I appreciate the recommendation but I seem to be stuck on buying online only. I wonder why that's so impossible to do?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

Your best bet is to find a reputable user who is willing to take a bank-deposit. That way you'll have your BTC the same day.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:34:49 PM

Why did you not post this in the currency exchange section?
Flora (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:09:22 PM

I thought the Lending section was appropriate since I'm kind of asking for a favor. But Currency Exchange might have been better.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:26:20 PM

I thought the Lending section was appropriate since I'm kind of asking for a favor. But Currency Exchange might have been better.

Or you could post this in the services section.  How would you pay for the BTC, why not pay a btc seller directly?

Look around, exchanges aren't the only place you can buy bitcoins from.
Flora (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:29:00 AM

A day or two after I posted this I chose a seller on localbitcoins.com and I went to send them the money through Western Union at a local store. However, I was treated with such extreme suspicion and such extreme hostility that I left the two tellers and the manager one of them had urgently called to "Get down here immediately!" without completing my transaction and when I left I was actually followed to my car by the security guard who had shown up during my interrogation. I had said nothing at all about bitcoins though as far as I know they are completely legal, so I don't know what all that was for. I've never used WU before but apparently they have a major problem with Vietnam. So I emailed WU customer service to complain. I still have no btc and I'm not trying to buy any again so consider this thread closed. Thank you.

Great quote by the way, monbux.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

Interesting.  Are you in Vietnam?  Was the seller in Vietnam?  Are you trying to send from Vietnam to some place else (where?) or from some place else (where?) to Vietnam? 

It is best to buy the BTC from the same country you live in (if possible).

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Flora (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:47:46 PM

I was sending the money from the US to Vietnam.
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

its big problem as you want to send from US to Vietnam  : Wink

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 06:19:56 PM

As I said, just buy from someone in your own country and you will not have this issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: