Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are getting very hard to get in.  (Read 114 times)
RadyanSeven (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:04:34 AM

We all know that the current market is very manipulated and we can see a lot of people losing money because they try to become a trader but they can not fight against the whales and traders from others markets, at least no so quickly as they would want. Even so, there is a sector of cryptomarket where people without a larger experience on the crypto world can make money, Im talking about icos.

Today in 2018 icos are still profitables, but there is a lot of people... and its getting very hard to get into the best ones. The admins even make lotteries and other things that we never saw in 2017 the golden year of whole cryptomarket.

What way to make money on this market do you prefer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fenya96

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

I prefer to look for projects after their ICO finished. In my opinion ICOs are not worth the effort. This year I saw quite a few projects, that were hyped during their ICO and dumped really hard after they got listed on exchanges. I am saying this knowing that we are in a bear market and almost everything is dumping quite hard.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:57:53 PM

Today in 2018 icos are still profitables, but there is a lot of people... and its getting very hard to get into the best ones. The admins even make lotteries and other things that we never saw in 2017 the golden year of whole cryptomarket.

ICOs are not as profitable just as last year, whereas you could potentially make money on majority of ICOs. Now though? You'd have to handpick them correctly. This is simply why I really don't suggest investing in ICOs right now due to the risk, not to mention the risk of potentially getting scammed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:01:10 PM

It sounds like you're hear to turn your fiat into more fiat. That's not a very good long term solution.

I only invest in things that I believe have a future or will change the future for the better. There honestly aren't many projects like that, so  not invested in veryany projects. Also, if the idea is so out there and way too good to be true, it'll either take forever to come to fruition, or it'll just fizzle out and fail.

I'd suggest just getting into normal cryptocurrency so that if you're left holding the bag, at least it will still be able to function as initially intended.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:25:35 PM

We all know that the current market is very manipulated and we can see a lot of people losing money because they try to become a trader but they can not fight against the whales and traders from others markets, at least no so quickly as they would want. Even so, there is a sector of cryptomarket where people without a larger experience on the crypto world can make money, Im talking about icos.

Thing with ICOs is that the place is getting crowded and many people are raising money jsut because they can. I don't say it is easy as there is whole process behind it but many of ICOs don't even need that much money to start to work on their idea. This being said with to much noise it is hard to spot great one that could bring you lots of returns which is why we are seeing people buy into them and later on after distribution they are dumping their tokens. It is possible to profit from them but it ain't easy for sure.

What do you mean by lotteries?

You can either try to be day trader, try to chaise the hype and get out or you buy and hold. I prefer to hold as it is simpler for me and a side from that I try to earn little of crypto every now and then when I can and simply stash it in my wallet so in case I can pay for something I need or simply hold it.
permadi

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 05:30:16 PM

ya i know a new ico  is growing more and more, you can see the review of the platform team that organizes ico, I like ico who already has a feature for the platform or after ico ends we do not have to wait for the quarter or roadmap too long, if you want more short-term investment either investing or trading from a booming coin or that already entering a marketcap
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 05:45:11 PM

I am not following ico on a daily basis but my impression is that it is hard to join airdrops rather than bounties.
The problem with bounties is to find the real one among many scammy ones...
BTW, your topic fits better in the altcoin discussion (bottom of the page then click move topic then move it to alternate cryptocurrencies/altcoin discussion).

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
ash_waz

Activity: 57
Merit: 8

Passionate learner and writer

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:19:38 PM

From my personal experience, it is the really good ICO's that are most of the time hardest to get in, either majority has been sold off to institutional investors in the pre/private sale and a fraction of the capital is left for the masses. However the crypto space is driven by a lot of hype and there are indeed some projects with massive hype that dumped when they hit the exchanges. So you really need to do your own research and find ICO's that have the hype and a really excellent concept behind it.

Apart from that other ICO's are rather easy to get in and please keep in mind that sometimes projects with excellent concepts backing it are kept low profile and you only realize how good they are when they hit the exchanges and starts performing. All in all with more and more people getting into cryptos things are gonna get harder and if we do have the necessary knowledge and skills and research mechanisms in place I am quite sure we could be very much informed of things way early than most. Being informed in the space is the key to benefit.
Anthon_Q

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:22:33 PM

You just have to pe fast.

Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:50:14 PM

If you don't prefer on investing in ICO's, then why not try your luck in gambling easy lose easy WIN. Easy money if jackpot. Just a suggestion. Whales knows the best.

kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:07:05 PM

The difference between this year and last year is that, almost every project was successful last year, but currently only a few ones are successful, and you're right, if you miss the presales of such ICOs, your chances of getting in the main sales are low (Some good ones sells out even within 2 hrs). I suggest you join tge bounty of you think te project will be successful and your chance of getting whitelisted is small
Johannesblock

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

You can check https://orbistransfer.com . the best project I seen lately and has no kys no country restrictions .
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 10:20:10 PM

-snip-
What do you mean by lotteries?
-snip-

Don't you know about lotteries? Then you probably must have missed all the most hyped recent ICOs that required you to take part in some lottery or pass a test that can prove that you have read and completely understood their whitepaper. So it wasn't you who picked the ICO to participate, instead of it the team was examining all the potential investors.

For example, check QuarkChain. Only their lottery winners have been accepted to be whitelisted for their tokensale.

kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:26:36 PM

Some years back, ICOs were profitable. As soon as they sales ,end it got enlisted on exchange and you can sell off x2 of your initial investment. But today, it takes so many weeks to months before you see even further development and to talk of even exchange listing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: