Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC on fire !  (Read 4373 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 08:49:46 AM

... and I was called an armchair engineer....

That's because you *are* an armchair engineer.  Are you *sure* those are resistors?

+1

Are you sure you can read?

Edit: If the poster is looking at what I'm looking at, those are resistors.
Edit2: I can see the dark silhouettes of capacitors too. Could be any of it that started.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 08:54:18 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2013, 12:06:37 PM by dogie

Yes, the word is NOT to plug / unplug your miner power cables while it is powered up or it will surge the boards and kill them.

(Bitcoinorama just stated this was the cause.)

ummmm, so you have a power failure, and when the power comes back on the unit will die?

ok never mind, I just got it, don't unplug the psu from the miner.  hahaha well who would do that? Smiley
Who would do that, yes :s Sounds a bit weird.

Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:06:11 AM

Everything sounds wired
rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:23:21 PM

any updates on this issue ?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 07:38:20 PM

any updates on this issue ?

philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:19:54 PM

Um...I give up, what is the connection between Floyd and KNC?  Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 11:23:49 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 12:24:08 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Um...I give up, what is the connection between Floyd and KNC?  Smiley

Not Floyd, but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpXArn3hII
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

Edit2: I can see the dark silhouettes of capacitors too. Could be any of it that started.

How about you go ahead and show us where all these resistors you see are, and since I'm typing: have you managed to get the P/N of that DC/DC regulator from the AM blades yet?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 11:32:23 PM

How about you go ahead and show us where all these resistors you see are, and since I'm typing: have you managed to get the P/N of that DC/DC regulator from the AM blades yet?
Are you blind as well? We know you're stupid, but this is a new one.

BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:36:24 PM

Is this a wider problem or just couple of units smoking? I hope my stuff will be okey once I get it..
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:40:19 PM

Is this a wider problem or just couple of units smoking? I hope my stuff will be okey once I get it..

One of the four boards in mine died on a firmware update.  We've sent the faulty board back and now they have it they're sending out a replacement to us today.  Still we've had lost over a week mining on only three of the four boards.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

One of the four boards in mine died on a firmware update.  We've sent the faulty board back and now they have it they're sending out a replacement to us today.  Still we've had lost over a week mining on only three of the four boards.
Do you think physically it died, or just software bricked?

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:44:04 PM

I'm not sure as we're getting them shipped to an associate in the US to avoid paying import duty and 20% VAT.  I'll link him to this thread. 

viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:56:45 PM

Fire in Hole!! run Run Smiley

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 04:52:47 PM

I'm not sure as we're getting them shipped to an associate in the US to avoid paying import duty and 20% VAT.  I'll link him to this thread. 
0_O Surely you have to pay the equivalent US taxes when it lands in the US?

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:50:03 AM

The card never showed any evidence of electrical damage - it just stopped hashing and spit out hundreds of FPGA errors after the 0.91 firmware update and power cycle.

Also, no - the US has no equivalent of VAT for overseas purchases. Within the country we pay sales tax ranging from 5-10% depending upon the state, but we have nothing like VAT.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 06:11:12 PM

The card never showed any evidence of electrical damage - it just stopped hashing and spit out hundreds of FPGA errors after the 0.91 firmware update and power cycle.

Also, no - the US has no equivalent of VAT for overseas purchases. Within the country we pay sales tax ranging from 5-10% depending upon the state, but we have nothing like VAT.

So I guess VAT= expensive sales tax, but interesting you don't pay it on imports. Must really screw with the economy, no reason not to import.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

So I guess VAT= expensive sales tax, but interesting you don't pay it on imports. Must really screw with the economy, no reason not to import.

Except for cars and fast food, just about everything Americans buy comes from China. There's no competing with $1/hr labor.

zerocode20

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

Why would anyone in their right mind hot-plug the mains power to the board under load?

"That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character."
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: