Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Version (unoverclockable) ASICMiner Blade Overclock Kit - IN STOCK  (Read 15057 times)
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:32:58 AM

What's this about overclocking USB miners?

What hash rates can you get it to?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:38:18 AM

There's a really good thread in Custom Hardware on overclocking the USB Block Erupters (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241652.0)

I've gotten USB BE's running steady at about 460; others have done much more. If you're asking about the new-version Blade overclock as discussed in this thread, mine converges to a reported rate of about 14.8GH

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:55:59 AM

So, here's the skinny on the kits. The first batch I'll have 55 kits available, and will start shipping either Saturday October 19, or Monday October 21.

The kit comprises entirely of surface-mount components, so access to a hot-air station and/or experience with precision soldering is highly recommended. Only one of the parts is likely to be problematic without an air station; the rest are pretty straightforward.

The total cost of the kit, to US customers, will be 0.2BTC per unit. Orders of 5 or more kits will cost 0.16BTC. This includes USPS Priority shipping from near the geographic center of the country - three days maximum.
Orders outside the US, contact me through PM to discuss the situation.

For that 0.2BTC, you get parts to overclock the new-version (unoverclockable) ASICMiner Blade, to approximatley 14.7GH/s. This is an improvement of 4GH/s over the stock model - about a 37% increase. This basically gives you a full diff-change of edge using existing equipment. The power consumption for the blade will increase from the stock rating of about 85W (around 7A) to about 140W (mine pulls 11.3A plus fans). Note this is an increase in heat generation also - I will not provide additional cooling options (if they prove necessary in your setup) because I don't know the physical constraints of your setup.
The small easy-to-lose parts will each have at least one spare included just in case.
I will also include a basic set of instructions for what parts go where and in what orientation.

For people that would like the upgrade kit applied to their Blade(s) but do not have the skills, I will be offering upgrade service for 0.4BTC with next-business-day turnaround and priority return shipping. This is not a swap for preassembled hardware; I will be working, testing and returning your own blades guaranteed. PM me for details regarding this service.

To place orders, submit payment to address 1EpQdQgAs2CrF2TYRTmdAasE5vQNPWwQCs
PM me with your desired shipping address and a link to the transaction block of your payment. I'll respond with a confirmation that your order has been received, and a tracking number for the shipment when it ships.
In the event that more orders come in than I have parts for, orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. I'll contact those left behind for how to proceed- wait for the second round, or refund.

If anyone has any further questions regarding specifics or things I've overlooked, feel free to PM.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:58:06 AM

Where are you located?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:09:10 AM

Missouri, US

poochone

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:58:00 AM

how much u whont for all parts need 5 set shipping to uk

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:31:16 PM

I'm talking with a guy right now about Europe distribution. When details are ironed out we'll let you know.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:37:41 AM

The first orders will be shipping out Saturday morning, US CST. I'm working on an instruction page; we were having some server trouble today and nothing got posted but it should be up by end-of-day Saturday.

I am going to recommend the end user figure out some sort of chip-side heatsinking solution; testing on my own hardware has indicated it doesn't like running with just forced-air cooling on the backside. The thermal impedance of the board vias, soldermask and silicone pad seem to be too high to keep the chips at an operationally cool temperature even with a cool heatsink.

If enough people are interested in being provided with chipside heatsinks, I may look into stocking sets of those as well, to be added to standard kits for a minimal additional fee (0.05BTC perhaps) just to cover costs.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:30:13 PM

So far I have shipped six kits and done one upgrade service. I'm sending several kits to an associate in the UK for European distribution; details to follow.

It looks like I also have secured a source for chipside heatsinks, which if my information is accurate should work just fine with clearances in backplane installations and should provide enough additional cooling surface to do the job well. They're basically identical to the prototyped heatsinks I have working on my test unit, and should be available with the kits in the next few days. Pricing for everything will depend on how the exchange plays in the next few days.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:11:51 AM

I've found a good supply of what should be excellent chipside heatsinks for these blades. If the information I have is accurate they should clear just fine in backplane installations. I'll be adding heatsinks and thermal tape to the kits without changing the price, which should help out a fair bit.

EzCheese

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:17:00 AM

I wish you lived closer, I'd just bring my blade over and let you do the magic.  Sad

Time to whip out the iron and start practicing.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:53:44 AM

Interested in you installing on my boards.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:55:02 AM

PM for details.

Vl4dim1r

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 07:52:17 AM

I would like 3 kits with the small heatsinks whenever you have them ready

Tips/Payments: 12DXk6FeU1JmKwCyCTJDdwUNKGV8hvZTep
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:36:31 AM

I'll have the heatsinks in hand for complete kits tomorrow afternoon; complete heatsinked kits will start shipping Thursday.

This also includes kits being shipped to a reseller in the UK, so anyone over there will have the chance to grab.

If you've already bought a kit and find you need chipside heatsinks to keep it running cool enough to hash properly, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I'm considering fetching some blades to work up and resell direct. PM me if you're interested in anything like that and we'll work out an arrangement.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:52:30 PM

Kits are on the way to Europe for distribution there, so anyone UK and whatnot needs to contact user "gidi337" about buying.

Kits will be coming with heatsinks, and are ready to ship out as soon as ordered.

Note that with the price of blade drops, this takes the hash price to above 11GH/BTC which at this scale is pretty hard to beat.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:04:02 AM

I'll be working up, testing and selling overclocked blades direct in limited quantities. Looking at 1.4BTC or best offer. PM for details - got a few on hand already.

gidi337

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

hi everyone i just recieved the kits so all are welcome to pm me

regards

Vl4dim1r

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 06:34:42 PM

How much are kits now?

Tips/Payments: 12DXk6FeU1JmKwCyCTJDdwUNKGV8hvZTep
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 06:39:23 PM

US, or UK? UK pricing is up to gidi337. US pricing is the same.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: