Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's all about merits.  (Read 278 times)
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:56:05 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Why do we need to adjust the rules just for the newbies? Its for them to learn how to explore the search button and find answers to their questions.

When you see a guy with a member rank having +120 activity asking in a sticky topic why he didn't get the next rank while he have only 10 merit, and while the topic he posted in it contains the answer in the first lines, trust me he is lucky for not being banned.
Now this retard cannot "explore" the search button from more than one month?
They simply don't give a shit about the forums, all they care about how to participate in dozens of ICO and how to grab money from it. The forum is a bank for them but without the need to follow its rules.
Solution : ban.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:07:49 PM

Nope, you did not misread it. However, not only merits can make you rank up, but also the activity. This forum's policy has gone through a big change regarding adding the merit system which most of people disagree with. But I consider it as a way to make users improve the quality of their posts. Added to that, you seem a bit annoyed with the new system. Do not worry, pal. I am sure you will get your account ranked up soon enough. 
With the existence of this system there will be two different sides, the first is the people who support this new system and some others refuse and feel that this system is very harmful. And if calculated then the system merit has given us a much better thing. Now the post is much more organized and controlled, look at some threads have seen its quality, even shitposting has been greatly reduced and now we are in a much better era in the development of BTT forum.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:26:39 PM

Nope, you did not misread it. However, not only merits can make you rank up, but also the activity. This forum's policy has gone through a big change regarding adding the merit system which most of people disagree with. But I consider it as a way to make users improve the quality of their posts. Added to that, you seem a bit annoyed with the new system. Do not worry, pal. I am sure you will get your account ranked up soon enough. 

Technically the bolded part is wrong. Both merit and activity is needed to rank up. Previously activity was the sole determinant of the rank of the member. Now both of them are needed, only activity raising wont get you a new rank, you need to reach the corresponding merit too.

Consider this like a demarcation between those who actually post quality content and make thoughtful discussions on a thread rather than people who simply agree to every post. The former deserves merit on at least a few of their posts while the later do not. Thus they will lead the ranks and would be properly marked as "elderly" members of the forum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x