Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook bans ads for cryptocurrencies  (Read 1446 times)
Samohunk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

I thought, Facebook did not want to become the source of cryptocurrency advertisement because some of the ico's are just scam and that is the reason why other social media's are also banning cryptocurrency ads. Just keep your faith on these platform and keep up the good work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:49:10 PM

Just yesterday I was scrolling my Facebook feed and I have seen that cryptocurrency advertising so it basically means that Facebook is not so strict that they want us to think that they are.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:07:52 AM

For me, IT is a good thing because they are really annoying to me. You can see that most of the cryptocurrency ads are about ICOs. ICOs somehow is not good in the crypto. Too many advertisements on Facebook can make other people misunderstand of what the cryptocurrency.
I am also not an enthusiast of ICOs. I don’t find them useful. Especially nowadays, we keep on learning about new projects and almost all of them are useless. There is a chance of being scammed too. Honestly, it is not like Mark is against cryptocurrencies. He himself is a tech guy. Few weeks ago, there was a news about him releasing his own crypto currency.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:38:41 AM

Facebook has the prerogative of choosing who they want to advertise. I mean Facebook no matter how public it is, is in fact a private domain and so long as it doesn't break the laws they can do whatever they want. But then again, i doubt that they could ban it completely. I mean people could themselves promote crypto currencies in their walls.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Facebook can't ban all of them because it's not easy to identify.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are being "advertised" in media and especially in the recent weeks where the cryptocurrencies are very very trending everywhere.

In some local TV shows there were many discussion about the crypto and what really is a bitcoin, how is it used, is it real, how to get it and many many questions which I really enjoyed watching them, even though I knew these things years ago it is interesting seeing them in the TV, even though they bring also mining Rigs to explain to the people that these "generate" money!
warriorcryptobar

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:53:03 PM

Great informational update. The actual irony is that the topic can be misleading. Following suit, google did the exact same thing, regulating a portion of crypto on their brand, and then rolling back those rules. FB is basically saying, we ban you, then we let you back in. Just be minding p and q.
VaryTime

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:49:47 AM

To what I know, facebook now allow ads for cryptocurrencies and it will soon support it the future
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:11:09 AM

I thought, Facebook did not want to become the source of cryptocurrency advertisement because some of the ico's are just scam and that is the reason why other social media's are also banning cryptocurrency ads. Just keep your faith on these platform and keep up the good work.

Despite all of these bans they decided to deal with their own cryptocurrency. I do not think that the reason for this prohibit was the wish to save people from the scammed ICOs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: