Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Use Terms Go to the moon "Phrase" for coins & tokens?  (Read 273 times)
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:34:49 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

"Let's go to the Moon!"
The phrase is often a term for the Coin / Token to describe the success. Is there no place farther or higher? Have you become a grip?
Do you also use that phrase? Tell me what is your reason?  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:58:24 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

I thought that "mooning" meant showing your bottom ( ass ). Maybe that is what they mean. Smiley
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:46:20 PM

I thought that "mooning" meant showing your bottom ( ass ). Maybe that is what they mean. Smiley
unique answer, thanks for sharing your opinion.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:39:40 PM

I think the use of "moon" as the idea that an asset is rising to great (economic) heights is one of cryptos more endearing trends.

There are other words that have previous usage in the stock trading world that are used in crypto in a positive, or matter of fact way that when used in the past were seriously negative:

In penny stock markets:

Pump - The intentional upward price manipulation of a stock.
Dump - When the manipulators sell into the volume they were able to stimulate with their 'pump'.
Bagholder - What you are once the dump is over.  As in "left holding the bags".  Not a good thing.

In Crypto:

Pump - the (deserved!) rise of a particular crypto asset on a bull run.
Dump - bearish price action in a crypto asset
Bagholder - a badge of honor worn by crypto investors.

To me there is enough comparison in the public eyes between crpyto and penny stocks.  And in many ways the uneducated observer is right about 95%+ of the crypto assets in the 'space' (<- hey there's another catchword).  But it is a shame to associate these concepts firmly rooted in the terminology of SCAMS with the projects that will truly, and deservedly some day - really go to the moon.

And perhaps beyond?

SoliDCoiNs

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:28:35 PM

I thought that "To The Moon!" literally meant earning so much money that you could fly with your own rocket to the moon, build a house and live there...
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:23:07 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1), icol333 (1)

I think the use of "moon" as the idea that an asset is rising to great (economic) heights is one of cryptos more endearing trends.

There are other words that have previous usage in the stock trading world that are used in crypto in a positive, or matter of fact way that when used in the past were seriously negative:

In penny stock markets:

Pump - The intentional upward price manipulation of a stock.
Dump - When the manipulators sell into the volume they were able to stimulate with their 'pump'.
Bagholder - What you are once the dump is over.  As in "left holding the bags".  Not a good thing.

In Crypto:

Pump - the (deserved!) rise of a particular crypto asset on a bull run.
Dump - bearish price action in a crypto asset
Bagholder - a badge of honor worn by crypto investors.

To me there is enough comparison in the public eyes between crpyto and penny stocks.  And in many ways the uneducated observer is right about 95%+ of the crypto assets in the 'space' (<- hey there's another catchword).  But it is a shame to associate these concepts firmly rooted in the terminology of SCAMS with the projects that will truly, and deservedly some day - really go to the moon.

And perhaps beyond?

So far your response is the most remarkable, perhaps also the 'Moon' as the ultimate idea for achieving an impossible thing, in which case the developers want to say that we can "go to the Moon" if we work together. have the same mission and maintain the value to keep rising.

I agree with the term to compare between penny stock markets & Crypto. really your word, although there is "phrase" the same there but different meaning.

I remember a "Word" from an animated character "Buzz Lightyear" in the movie "Toy story" -> The beauty of Buzz Lightyear is that, beneath the superficiality of the initial premise he's an utterly delusional toy who thinks he's a real Space Ranger there is real emotional depth and endless capacity for reinvention.

Behind the man who always wants to always be more.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:21:03 PM

"Let's go to the Moon!"
The phrase is often a term for the Coin / Token to describe the success. Is there no place farther or higher? Have you become a grip?
Do you also use that phrase? Tell me what is your reason?  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Does the phrase "to the moon" mean pretend to have lots of coins? 

(moon landing conspirators unite!)
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

"Let's go to the Moon!"

Does the phrase "to the moon" mean pretend to have lots of coins? 

(moon landing conspirators unite!)

maybe a word of encouragement? but this is commonly used in many ICO / ITO projects. Do they pretend? interesting discussion, because everyone has their own reasons Smiley thank you for taking the time to discuss Smiley
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:27:23 PM

I thought that "To The Moon!" literally meant earning so much money that you could fly with your own rocket to the moon, build a house and live there...

interesting discussion, because everyone has their own reasons. thank you for taking the time to discuss Smiley
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

For me because many peoples still don't believe that American have ever went to the moon, so when they Said "Go to the moon" Phrase, they mean it's an impossible thing :lol:  Cool Cool Cool
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:12:54 PM

For me because many peoples still don't believe that American have ever went to the moon, so when they Said "Go to the moon" Phrase, they mean it's an impossible thing :lol:  Cool Cool Cool

Making the real thing impossible  Grin
BackBachvsUp
Copper Member

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

because MOON is high and it's the only place outside of earth that has been stepped on by humans, and we want the price to stay up high there, that's why we don't say "let's go to the moon and back".

chibimanau

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:09:00 AM

At first reading this phrase I think so. It's very high, but not too far away for us to go. Wonderful. We are rich, enough money to fly to the moon.
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3209

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:38:59 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2024, 03:02:28 PM by krogothmanhattan

The phrase TO THE MOON means the price of Bitcoin will reach the moon.

Its a figure of speech indicating the price of Bitcoin will soar so high it will reach the moon.

Now what the price of that will be is anyones guess. For some it is $1,000,000 and for other it could be higher.

On many Bitcoin physical collectables we see Bitcoin riding a rocket or is a rocket heading towards that all time high gain.

One of the latest collectable items that I have come across that indicates this belief is a Kialara moon bar.

It actually has a piece of a comet or moon rock embedded inside the slab itself.

I have posted a photo of this spectacular bar below as an example.

oleksiivinogradov
Copper Member

Activity: 112

I'm a serial entrepreneur and investor

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 02:57:31 PM

"Let's go to the Moon!"
Maybe they mean, where investors have to look their money after sale finished? $)
Seriously, all marketing fog can't hide for you some steps before investing. Just google a project, team, check if the project already implemented and how. And then make decision.
Freedcoin

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 07:58:35 PM

Well as long as commercial space trips are still too expensive, maybe they mean that investing in some cryptocurrency will lead you to wealth to afford going to moon? c:
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:40:40 PM

The moon is up...... so maybe it came in as to describe to ces going upward trend.....anyway it sounds cool maybe that's why
BitExalt (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:05:52 PM

thanks all, for sharing your opinion  Wink
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:09:21 PM

I think "go to the moon" phrase has taken hold in crypto along with various uses of "lambo" and of course the classic "HODL". And I think usually it just means that you're so wealthy you could charter your own trip to the moon. But I don't need that, all I need is a half-decent income. Tongue
DefDope66

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:02:57 PM

It does seem like a silly and overused term. However, when you consider the difficulty of actually landing on the moon - and knowing only three countries have done so - it applies well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: