Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Sergei Skripal poisoned by the Russians?  (Read 2124 times)
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:50:28 PM

The whole incident has escalated way out of proportion, especially as there still seems to be a paucity of physical evidence.

Who needs evidence nowadays. Just accuse anyone you want, then few days later insist that accusations are now facts and must be acted upon. Same scenario one time after another...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:36:03 PM
Merited by Welsh (1), guybrushthreepwood (1)

In case you guys wondered,here is the overwhelming,undeniable evidence presented by the UK
during the meeting in the UK embassy,totally secret and all
https://www.kommersant.ru/docs/2018/UK_Briefing.pdf

feel free to try and find a single,I repeat a single piece of evidence pointing to Russia
oh except for  the:

We are without doubt that Russia is responsible. No country bar Russia has combined capability, intent and motive.
There is no plausible alternative explanation

As of Sunday 18 March, we count over thirty parallel lines of Russian disinformation

seriously,you got to be missing half a brain to believe in this (or be Theresa May,but I highly doubt she believes in this either and is not mutually exclusive,by the way)
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:16:03 PM
Merited by Welsh (1)

In case you guys wondered,here is the overwhelming,undeniable evidence presented by the UK
https://www.kommersant.ru/docs/2018/UK_Briefing.pdf

feel free to try and find a single,I repeat a single piece of evidence pointing to Russia
oh except for  the:

We are without doubt that Russia is responsible. No country bar Russia has combined capability, intent and motive.
There is no plausible alternative explanation

As of Sunday 18 March, we count over thirty parallel lines of Russian disinformation

seriously,you got to be missing half a brain to believe in this (or be Theresa May,but I highly doubt she believes in this either and is not mutually exclusive,by the way)

They are using the awful reputation that Russia has been given over the years to make claims without backing them up. Let's just have a look at their bullet points and try and answer them without being too bias here.

Novichok is a group of agents developed only by Russia and not declared under the CWC
This at face value looks pretty bad on the Russian behalf. However I think we are forgetting that no one was caught in the act of this and this may have been obtained another way. Just because a nerve agent is only developed in one country doesn't mean that the formula isn't known by anyone else. Okay so maybe they've traced it back to Russia via other means and have evidence that they aren't providing that it came from Russia. But they haven't presented that so all we know is that Russia is the only known location that this is developed and it's likely that's where it came from. This doesn't prove that Russia used it.

We are without doubt that Russia is responsible. No country bar Russia has combined
capability, intent and motive.There is no plausible alternative
explanation

This is bullshit. I'm not sure what they are talking about the capability to pull something like this off but it seems pretty amatuerish to me. Someone has poisoned a family with something which is traceable rather than dealing with it through other means which wouldn't be so easily traceable. Why would Russia use something which is developed only in their country.

Motive? There doesn't need to be a obvious motive or even a motive at all. People murder each other every day and it only takes someone within Russia to not take a liking to the victims to try something out. This doesn't mean it was sanctioned by Russia.  

Then they bring up past "malign activity" that Russia has done/been apart of and try to suggest that there is a pattern. No there is no pattern in that whatsoever. I'm not going to defend Russia in any of these because let's be honest a lot of them were incredibly awful. But has anyone noticed that they've included the poisoning of sergei and his daughter in this little image? Yet I don't see 100% proof here and more speculation because of the origin of where the nerve agent comes from.

I'm sorry but we as the public should not accept assumption and should demand that a proper investigation is taken out and that EVIDENCE be provided instead of being spoon fed what they think happened and what is plausible. They haven't provided any evidence and are using the public perception of Russia to paint a picture and get the public to dislike them further. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas why evidence hasn't been given and we've been given this very brief (in terms of context) briefing.
DigitalFox

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

They are using the awful reputation that Russia has been given over the years to make claims without backing them up. Let's just have a look at their bullet points and try and answer them without being too bias here.

Just to add that most of this awful reputation was given on very similar occasions - based on tons of BS and proofless accusations. The demonisation process is in full swing, does Russia give a damn about it? I don't think so, they just mind their own business always stating they are open for a dialog, as long as it's constructive.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 05:59:43 PM

>..<

Russia is not the only country that has developed it. Boris Johnson has confirmed that Britain has an active development plan, and expanded Porton Down just before the attack.

Russia has no motive, but the UN does. The recent statement by the US about the way that Russia is supporting Assad - the democratically elected leader of Syria, confirms that the US is on a campaign to create an event to start conflict with Russia, It is to Russia's credit that they are not rising to the bait - yet.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

Who needs proof when the media will spread what message you want out there for you. It's the same thing with the suspecting Iraq of having Nuclear weapons and Afghanistan harbouring Bin Laden which was used to justify the entire invasions:

Following the September 11 attacks in 2001 on the U.S., which President George W. Bush blamed on Osama bin Laden who was living or hiding in Afghanistan, President Bush demanded that the Taliban hand over Osama bin Laden and expel al-Qaeda; bin Laden had already been wanted by the U.S. since 1998.[60] The Taliban declined to extradite him unless they were provided evidence of his involvement in the September 11 attacks and also declined demands to extradite others on the same grounds. The U.S. dismissed the request for evidence as a delaying tactic,[61] and on October 7, 2001 launched Operation Enduring Freedom with the United Kingdom

Apparently requesting proof of any evidence is just a delaying tactic these days. Now we've just got to wait and see what sanctions or repercussions they try to put on Russia.
DigitalFox

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:00:49 AM

Russia has no motive, but the UN does. The recent statement by the US about the way that Russia is supporting Assad - the democratically elected leader of Syria, confirms that the US is on a campaign to create an event to start conflict with Russia, It is to Russia's credit that they are not rising to the bait - yet.

Ah well... Every century for the last ~500 years someone thinks he's smart enough to win and sends his army to Russia. History shows they never return home, or return with Russian troops chasing them.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

What many people might not know is that Sergei Skripal was previously imprisoned in a Russia prison in 2006 for high treason. In the summer of 2010 he was released along with 3 other spies as part of a spy swap. This involved 10 Russian agents that were arrested in the United States. The UK insisted to the USA that Sergei Skripal were to be included in the swap.

Now it's been reported that he carried on reporting to the United Kingdom for a few years after he was released. What's concerning is that his relatively young family has been died before the incident happened this year.His wife died in 2012 of cancer, his son who was only 43 died in 2017 of unknown circumstances and I believe were deemed not suspicious. Sergei's older brother also died some what recently however I can't recall of what he died of.

His daughter however did live and work in Russia after his time of release and it's already been reported that he continued to supply information to the United Kingdom. Therefore it's not entirely implausible he was getting his information from his daughter. Although I do doubt that this was the case. So my question in all of this is why would Russia let him go rather than just killing him right there. Sergei settled down in the United Kingdom and didn't look like he was concerned about his well being. Yes his release was for several other spies and you might argue that the Russian government allowed him to escape temporarily to get the spies they wanted and then planned on killing him at a later date. But this would of been a big risk for Russia as a spy would normally know how to disappear if he thought his well being was at risk.

Unless in 8 years he gathered new information on Russia I don't think they would of purposely went out of their way to risk both murdering a man and also undermining the authority of both the United Kingdom and the USA. It just simply isn't worth the risk for one man that they deemed to be free by releasing him in the spy trade. For example in the 8 years that he had between his release and the poisoning any information that he did have on Russia would of likely passed hands to the authorities of the United Kingdom.

There's a few news reports going around right now about the UK government believes that it wasn't some rogue group that just got a hold of the nerve agent because of how sophisticated approach of applying it to his front door and wherever else. I think it's fair to say the UK have not got much evidence here and their accusations are based on assumption. I would like to think that if a rogue group as they refer to them got their hands on the nerve agent in the first place they would be more than capable of performing a sophisticated attack with it.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 05:02:27 AM

Sergei Skripal has direct connections to people involved in creating the so called "Steele dossier". This attack is designed to tie up loose ends for US/UK intelligence agencies while also directing public blow back towards Russia to further escalate tensions dividing it from Europe and pushing for war.

Side note, intelligence agencies don't hand over spies with information worth killing them over. Releasing him then assassinating him later, on UK soil no less makes zero sense. The scenario I previously mentioned however makes lots of sense given the circumstances.
ToyMonster

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:01:22 AM

Nope. No one poisoned him as that is not what was the case.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:08:21 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 11:28:59 AM by TECSHARE

The source of course is suspect as having state ties with Russia, but the explanation makes a lot of sense. The toxins in the Fugu fish are tetrodotoxins which would likely have some of the same symptoms as chemical bioweapons. Yet again, the restaurant they were last in was Italian... not Japanese.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201804051063227285-skripal-niece-interview-salisbury-incident/

This could have been a simple mistake leveraged and manipulated to serve geopolitical goals.
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:01:01 PM

It looks like that government official in both Uk and Russia want to make it look like Skripal was poisoned by Putin's assassins (who are likely not Russian at all, both by residency and by nationality).

It just serves great as a part of possible right wing political plan (conspiracy theory, yeah) to divide the world and manipulate societies into serving them thru fear.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:22:18 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 11:57:13 AM by guybrushthreepwood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43671958

Russian spy poisoning: Sergei Skripal 'improving rapidly'

They're both 'improving rapidly' apparently. It will be interesting to see what they will have to say and if they can shed any light on the culprits. Does anyone know if they've already spoken about what happened?

==========

The soccer World Cup in the summer is being held in Russia. I wonder if there will be any retaliation there. There is almost certainly gong to be trouble between football fans and Russian Hooligans are notoriously violent and will be looking for trouble. If any of them die -- which I wouldn't be surprised if they did -- this could further escalate tensions.
secondhandlark5

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:26:10 PM

Yes, I have full trust in that but I don’t know what they gained.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:44:45 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43671958

Russian spy poisoning: Sergei Skripal 'improving rapidly'

They're both 'improving rapidly' apparently. It will be interesting to see what they will have to say and if they can shed any light on the culprits. Does anyone know if they've already spoken about what happened?

==========

The soccer World Cup in the summer is being held in Russia. I wonder if there will be any retaliation there. There is almost certainly gong to be trouble between football fans and Russian Hooligans are notoriously violent and will be looking for trouble. If any of them die -- which I wouldn't be surprised if they did -- this could further escalate tensions.

They could. But if this was carried out as sophisticated as the media and government is proclaiming then they'll likely be as clueless as us or making assumptions based on the information know. The thing is this family was well known from multiple governments and as we've seen in other leaks there's multiple entities which get exposed. Look at Snowden for an example. He pissed off a lot of people not just the USA authorities.

You are also assuming we get to know the truth and what the Skripal's actually want to say.
RooKIED

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:29:14 PM

actually this is possible in both variants. Russians are quite a firm nation and our leader is a firm man too, so I would not be surprised if it is a work of FSB, but it can also be a provocation to destabilize Russian position in the world and so the relationships between countries get worse. So, who knows...
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:57:30 PM

Sorry I've been out of this thread for a while.

The latest info seems to point to the fact that the culprit was an asset run by the European Union who was working in Porton Down. It seems that he was inexperienced, and that is why the attempt failed. The deep state needs an event to distract interest from the treasonous actions of the Unicorn prime minister Theresa May.

In view of the Skripal murder attempt becoming unravelled, they seem to have started another false action - the gas attack by Assad. No intelligent person would ever believe that he would do this, especially as he seems to be winning back his country.

Lets hope that the evidence will further discredit the Clintons, Obama, Richard Branson, Tony Blair, Soros, Bill Gates and all the others who want a global war as part of their eugenics project.
Simplyield

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:58:59 AM

I believe this is the perfect time as there is nothing to loose.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:06:07 PM

The latest info seems to point to the fact that the culprit was an asset run by the European Union who was working in Porton Down. It seems that he was inexperienced, and that is why the attempt failed. The deep state needs an event to distract interest from the treasonous actions of the Unicorn prime minister Theresa May.

Source?

Lets hope that the evidence will further discredit the Clintons, Obama, Richard Branson, Tony Blair, Soros, Bill Gates and all the others who want a global war as part of their eugenics project.

Lol.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:28:30 PM

Sergei was released from hospital: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/18/sergei-skripal-discharged-from-salisbury-hospital

Russia demands access to poisoned former spy and daughter to ensure they do not want help

Lol. Would be funny if they take him out proper this time (or the UK does). I'm still interested to here what he has to say on the matter. Surely he is the best person to clarify what the frick actually happened... though maybe he is also none the wiser.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: