Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interest] KnC Mercury  (Read 1725 times)
scotjam (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:13:55 AM

KnC Mercury order at "In Progress" stage; probably just a few days before it ships (based on past performance of KnC, they have missed deadlines, but by a few days).

KnC Mercury is a quarter of Jupiter hashrate. Jupiter is 550+GH/s according to KnC - https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners and cost $6,999 for the version that is being shipped now (the version you can buy for $4,995 will likely ship in late November).

Mercury uses 1 KnC board instead of the 4 boards in the Jupiter - https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-28 which translates to about 125GH/s, or about 140GH/s based on what some people have achieved with Jupiters using the latest firmware - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3321509#msg3321509

Order date / pay date: 5 July
Order number: 333x

Would reship from the UK; package would be unopened so that you know I'm not delaying anything to mine with your device.

I want to know if people would be interested in buying my place in the queue now, or would be interested in buying only once I have it in hand.

At 125GH/s, for BTC17 (as an example), you would be getting 7.35GH/s per 1BTC which I think beats anything else that's shipping now; people are offering 35BTC for a Saturn - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307077.0

PM with offers.

scotjam
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:56:40 PM

UPDATE: Status is now "shipped".

Miner will presumably arrive shortly. I have had a few expressions of interest which are close to a level at which I would sell, but not quite there.

If you would like to make an offer, now would be the time to make it.

If I don't have an offer that appeals to me, I will be opening and running it!

scotjam

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:22:59 PM

Hiya bud, I really mean no disrespect, But I would mine on it yourself, There has been alot of people caught out on the difficulty/ROI problem, Many who have lost out much much more so count yourself lucky, If you badly need the cash, I suggest e-bay, But a word of advice, Dont use paypal, Get the cash as you will be scammed.

This unit will mine about 0.2 a day, I assume from the OP your looking to get back what you paid for the unit?
It will take 83.8 days assuming no difficulty change AND no price in BTC fluctuation. With the current hashrate expectation, looking closer to 6-8months.

As I say, I dont wish to offend, I can offer some coins but you probably dont want to hear it.

Good luck on your sale, I hope you get out safely.
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:48:01 PM

Hiya bud, I really mean no disrespect, But I would mine on it yourself, There has been alot of people caught out on the difficulty/ROI problem, Many who have lost out much much more so count yourself lucky, If you badly need the cash, I suggest e-bay, But a word of advice, Dont use paypal, Get the cash as you will be scammed.

This unit will mine about 0.2 a day, I assume from the OP your looking to get back what you paid for the unit?
It will take 83.8 days assuming no difficulty change AND no price in BTC fluctuation. With the current hashrate expectation, looking closer to 6-8months.

As I say, I dont wish to offend, I can offer some coins but you probably dont want to hear it.

Good luck on your sale, I hope you get out safely.

Hey squall,

Thanks for the advice; I have a couple of people who are interested at a price that is more or less what I would transact at (not quite what I paid) so it will probably sell shortly. I'm not desperate for the cash, but it would be handy as I have a home renovation project that has overrun.

I genuinely believe that the GH/s per BTC I'm offering is better than pretty much anything else you can buy on the market right now for this kind of money, so it's hard to argue with the price guidance. I'm tempted to keep it, but I already have some fury chips running and I'm spending too much of my time monitoring everything as it is.

If everyone I've been talking to here dropped out for some reason, I'd just keep it and mine, and list it as Buy It Now on ebay; that way I could justify reducing the price based on my mining income until it sells. A lot of people will find it is at an interesting price-point; some of the larger mining rigs are outside of what they'd be willing to invest in bitcoin, but this one is almost as good in terms of price per GH/s as those larger rigs but at the same time doesn't involve investment of ~3 months of national average pre-tax salary.

Cheers

scotjam
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:28:38 AM

This has sold, buyer has paid by bank transfer up front so it is *very* unlikely that it will become available again.

Thanks for your interest everyone!

scotjam
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:17:35 PM

This has sold, buyer has paid by bank transfer up front so it is *very* unlikely that it will become available again.

Thanks for your interest everyone!

scotjam

This is great news, And the best possible way of securing funds! Well done, I hope you got a good deal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: