Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking news: Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) accepts BITCOIN!  (Read 63077 times)
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

Even worse than translate.google  Cheesy

I have to admit Google translation is not that bad. To save time, I first used google translation and revised the result.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:59:19 PM

As always, the subject is artificially misleading...
It's not the Baidu itself. Shame on you!

Is Google+ Google? If Google+ accepts bitcoin, is it Google itself accepting bitcoin?

Baidu Jiashule is a service provided by Baidu (BIDU): http://jiasule.baidu.com/overview/ (I'm not going to translate for you). Do you think a random service can abuse a NASDAQ listed company name without being sued?

the runup in price the other nite on BTCChina strongly implies this is legit.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

Baidu Jashule is only a small company, that was acquired by Baidu just recently and that offers services comparable to Cloudflare.
That might be interesting for admins, but Zhang the plumber will prolly never hear about this.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:04:51 PM

Zhang the plumber will prolly never hear about this.

We want Zhao the engineer to hear about it anyways, not Zhang the plumber.

jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:08:19 PM

Baidu Jashule is only a small company, that was acquired by Baidu just recently and that offers services comparable to Cloudflare.
That might be interesting for admins, but Zhang the plumber will prolly never hear about this.

FTFY: Jashule WAS only a small company. It was acquired by Baidu last month, the biggest Internet content provider in China, as its latest branded service.

Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:12:30 PM

This is huge.
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:14:31 PM

so huge, that I was going to give btcquick a try till miicard decide my bank was denying them FML

why didn't i get verified somewhere last week instead of being unprepared. Generally cause I was going to buy some btc anyway now I just feel stupid paying 15 bucks extra :9

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
sootedtho

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

Paddy's Pub Egg

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

I am excited about this news, just made my first big buy into btc last week!!! (lol 10 coins)

I am very new to btc in general, other than btc poker, but it seems i bought at the right time. considering doing some day trading as well. hope btc soars in the coming days and weeks.

Glad this forum is around so i can learn more and get them bits  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:30:18 PM

The pricing page

http://jiasule.baidu.com/trade/plans/

At the top of the table: "百度加速乐已支持比特币支付,如果您需要使用比特币支付,请联系4000600990"

Translation: Baidu Jiashule now supports bitcoin payment. If you need to pay with bitcoin, please contact 4000600990

qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:35:31 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 06:27:10 PM by qwertyqwerty

yes, checked their address and was empty before.. not surprised to see some tips now..

The service provided: similar to Cloudflare / Incapsula / Goog pagespeed CDN. Covering many high traffic/high ranking web property in China. Including governmental, news portals, aggregators, and entertainment. Total install base (~197,000)

fyi: the blockchain label is wrongly titled. i don't know who translated that

BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:37:51 PM

Great news!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
nexusakachus

Activity: 336

Love & Sound Emotroniks

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 04:41:35 PM

http://coinde.sk/19LPuSi

Search engine giant Baidu has announced it is now accepting payment in bitcoin for its Jiasule service, which improves websites’ performance, speed and security.

Baidu, which has a market cap of $53 billion, is rated by web information company Alexa Internet as the most visited website in China and the fifth most visited website in the world.

Founded in January 2000, Baidu is similar to Google in that its offers a variety of tools and services to produce information and products in response to search terms, however, Baidu is specific to Chinese-language search terms.

How can we reflect the characteristics of a trendy IT person and a professional webmaster? The answer, of course, is to own bitcoins!!!

Rough translation of the company’s news release:

Baidu Jiasule Accepts Bitcoin Payment

Bitcoin is a new kind of electronic currency, a digital transfer medium, which has already received a high degree of international recognition, and has already reached into our daily lives. It can be used to buy a cup of coffee, or exchanged for gold and silver. In China, bitcoin is considered quite “trendy”.

Today, I have good news for everyone: from 14 October 2013 onwards, Baidu Jiasule will officially support bitcoin payments. Baidu Jiasule users can use bitcoin to pay for any Jiasule services. Baidu Jiasule, as the innovator of the Internet, has become the first cloud services vendor to support bitcoin, giving us richer payment methods and experience.

In the future, Baidu Jiasule will continue to try more new things, giving everyone more convenient payment options.

Jon Matonis, executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, said the announcement was “encouraging news”, especially since it is coming from China and a NASDAQ-listed company.

“I suspect that Baidu’s reasons [for making this move] are similar to the WordPress decision for opening up their services to an expanded customer base. Bitcoin reaches 60+ countries that are currently ignored by VISA, Mastercard, and PayPal,” he added.

Matonis went on to say that many Chinese citizens live abroad, but still use Baidu, so it will be useful for these people to be able to pay in bitcoin.

When asked whether this development will encourage more companies to start accepting bitcoins, he said: “I am confident that as more companies see the benefits of frictionless payments with low fees, immediate settlement, and zero chargebacks, they will want to accept bitcoin simply to remain competitive.”

At the time of writing, Blockchain.info showed Baidu’s wallet had only received 0.1584 BTC, which equates to around $22, however, it’s worth bearing in mind today is the day after the payment option’s launch.

Popularity surge

Bitcoin has been gaining in popularity in China over recent months, with data on SourceForge showing downloads of the Bitcoin-QT in China reaching 250,443 so far this year, beaten only by the US with 503, 819 but ahead of the UK with 106,931.

Not only this, but the volume of bitcoins traded with Chinese yuan is increasing. Bitcoincharts shows that Chinese yuan currently accounts for 12% of the total bitcoin exchange volume, while 68% is in US dollars and euro at 6%.

Last month, BTCChina CEO Bobby Lee confirmed that bitcoin was starting to boom in China.

“For the first time in human history, bitcoin has allowed people to save and defer purchasing power, in a digital form. The Chinese people love this concept! It explains bitcoin’s fast adoption in China this year – 2013 has been a breakout year for bitcoin, and even more so in China,” he said.

CoinDesk contacted Baidu for comment, but had not received a reply at time of publication.

What do you think this means for bitcoin?

Posted In Companies

clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:07:47 PM

This is awesome news for the community Smiley Im very happy to hear it

bitbigbird

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:09:53 PM

It seems the bitcoin payment is not automated. User have to inform the administrator before they pay and it will be processed manually.

Seems reasonable to me.  Even if it's probably because they don't have a system set up yet for manual payments, there will probably only be a trickle at first and they would be wise to be wary of fraud attempts, so manually processing transactions until they get the hang of it is completely sensible.

BAIDU will use YesBTC.co BTC API for bitcoin ACCEPTED. YesBTC Just like Paypal.

http://YesBTC.co
jl2012 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:12:15 PM

It seems the bitcoin payment is not automated. User have to inform the administrator before they pay and it will be processed manually.

Seems reasonable to me.  Even if it's probably because they don't have a system set up yet for manual payments, there will probably only be a trickle at first and they would be wise to be wary of fraud attempts, so manually processing transactions until they get the hang of it is completely sensible.

BAIDU will use YesBTC.co BTC API for bitcoin ACCEPTED. YesBTC Just like Paypal.

http://YesBTC.co

Source? I don't think Baidu would easily use a third party payment processor unless it's a really big one like Tenpay or Alipay

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:23:16 PM

Nice find, we've had some good amount of BTC related news lately.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:31:20 PM

Hopefully good news but lets not get ahead of ourselves, that payment address so far has about $23 in it.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:34:48 PM

Hopefully good news but lets not get ahead of ourselves, that payment address so far has about $23 in it.

Is not about how many bitcoins they have in that account.
Is about a big company promoting bitcoin to all the world.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

Exact and this is mind blowing!

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:36:37 PM

no question.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: