Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User "torbellino777" phishing bitcointalk users  (Read 213 times)
Roboabhishek (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:20:41 PM

I had a message from this guy torbellino777 'https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1333408"

He said

Code:
Hi Roboabhishek

I've replied to you:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2267392.0

http://prntscr.com/iq2wpb <--- scrn shot

At 1st glance, you will not find anything strange but that link had a typer link directing me to "https://bitcointalk.org-index.php.actionprofileu.myrippleaddress.com/?u=Roboabhishek&r=2220514.160"    <---- address  DO not log into that link !!!!!!

Archived version: https://archive.fo/XJBuj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blakethecoin
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:33:34 PM

I got the same exact one and left him negative feedback. I didn’t check where it went, but now I see with the archived version. Thanks
BTCforJoe

Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 06:14:24 AM

I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again here, make sure to report the profile:

You see the little button on the bottom right of the private message that says "Report to Admin"? Click on that to report it directly. Thanks for bringing this up; I'm sure a moderator will look into it. But for now, make sure to report him via the pm, as well.

I hope this user gets banned, but until then, I'm also hoping that a DT member can red tag the account.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:08:09 AM

I wonder what these scammers intend to achieve by infiltrating these accounts. It's not like they expect the original owner to simply give up and stay quiet about it. Can they quickly sell the account? Yes but they don't have access to the staked coin address(es) of the account so selling is probably not a motive. Will they use the account to scam other people here? Maybe but then again the account's original owner will have reported the phishing incident. The account will then be tagged in record time, giving little time for scammers to use the accounts for nefarious purposes.

It's not like they can access wallets within these accounts so I'm curious about their motives. Any ideas? Just trying to understand the dynamics behind these account thefts.

BTCforJoe

Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:22:19 PM

I wonder what these scammers intend to achieve by infiltrating these accounts. It's not like they expect the original owner to simply give up and stay quiet about it. Can they quickly sell the account? Yes but they don't have access to the staked coin address(es) of the account so selling is probably not a motive. Will they use the account to scam other people here? Maybe but then again the account's original owner will have reported the phishing incident. The account will then be tagged in record time, giving little time for scammers to use the accounts for nefarious purposes.

It's not like they can access wallets within these accounts so I'm curious about their motives. Any ideas? Just trying to understand the dynamics behind these account thefts.

I have an alt account here that was used to promote a product that I was launching that got hacked. The hacker never changed the password, but they did use the account to spam multiple boards with a trading bot platform with their referral link in it. That account was never part of any sig campaigns, nor is it ranked high, so I don't know what would have happened if it was higher ranked in a high-paying campaign, but all the hackers did with that account was to spam the boards. Of course I've changed the password to the account now, but I don't know how they accessed my account in the first place.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: