Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Bitcoins - Physical Bitcoins with 2-factor authentication  (Read 12783 times)
Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:40:36 AM

I got one of your coins at the conference in Austin. I'd like to convert this coin into a cold-wallet with my own generated private key. Can I just buy one of your holograms?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 04:11:28 AM

I got one of your coins at the conference in Austin. I'd like to convert this coin into a cold-wallet with my own generated private key. Can I just buy one of your holograms?

Heh,
That would really enable the use of scams if people could simply buy the stickers and put on any coin.  Not saying you would, but....
Scammer would love to put his own stickers on and sell them.  Then sweep all the keys he sold at a later date only to make Titan look bad.

Why not simply use the serial on the site to get the public key and put as many bitcoins on to the coin that you want?

Todamont

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:55:05 AM

If someone gives you a physical coin loaded with bitcoin, there will always be an issue of trusting the giver. What I want to do is remove the layer of trust, but still have a nice physical coin for my cold-storage.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

If someone gives you a physical coin loaded with bitcoin, there will always be an issue of trusting the giver. What I want to do is remove the layer of trust, but still have a nice physical coin for my cold-storage.
Ummm, I would hope that Titan would NOT sell the stickers, just like Mike Chadwell (Casascius) will not sell the stickers.

You can buy a WALLET coin, instead of running off the Titan name using one of their coins with one of their stickers.

If you want a wallet coin, then it might be best to buy exactly that....

Something like:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525756.0

Todamont

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:00:55 AM

I don't see the problem with selling stickers. Those silver qallets are priced at 3x or 4x spot value of silver, not a very good deal.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:35:38 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 03:58:03 PM by Michail1

I don't see the problem with selling stickers. Those silver qallets are priced at 3x or 4x spot value of silver, not a very good deal.

The problem is that a scammer could open up the coin, take out the value, and then use a sticker to reseal the coin.  So, an unsuspecting person might buy a coin only later to find out it has been emptied of its value (which could also happen at a future date.  If Titan starts selling their stickers, I would no longer want anything to do with them UNLESS it is a completely different sticker (Color and Text).

So, it would be possible if they produced a completely new coin - COIN WALLET or TITAN WALLET with completely different stickers that state COIN WALLET   (Open so you could use it for any coins).  This would change the entire topic as well.  I disagree with the silver wallets.  For Titan and any other kind of Silver wallet, the premium is already at or above what the Silver wallets are at.

TitanBTC (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:33:53 PM

Michail explained the problem perfectly.  The holograms are a security feature, as they are destroyed when removed and it is important that we're the only ones with the ability to apply them, as we're certifying their authenticity and value by putting that seal in place.

We do OFTEN get requests for DIY coin kits and I'd love to accommodate.  We may put together a non-denominated coin design with a completely different hologram design later this year.

UnitedColors

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:06:34 PM

WOw! That's so cool ! From first look I am in love with these coins
Todamont

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:47:46 PM

There is no issue with selling stickers and this is why:

You have to trust the person you get a physical bitcoin from, sticker or not. These things *cannot* be used as a regular currency or exchange mechanism, there will ALWAYS be a factor of trust required when transferring them, and there is no way to get around it. The utility of physical bitcoins is as a cold-storage wallet, and little else.

Anyhow, I'm redeeming mine and putting a sticker from a different company on it, because I don't trust Titan to hold the bitcoins, or anyone for that matter.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:58:43 PM

There is no issue with selling stickers and this is why:

You have to trust the person you get a physical bitcoin from, sticker or not. These things *cannot* be used as a regular currency or exchange mechanism, there will ALWAYS be a factor of trust required when transferring them, and there is no way to get around it. The utility of physical bitcoins is as a cold-storage wallet, and little else.

Anyhow, I'm redeeming mine and putting a sticker from a different company on it, because I don't trust Titan to hold the bitcoins, or anyone for that matter.

I agree that there is a factor of trust.  At this point, I only need to trust one company - Titan.
If they sold stickers, then I would have to trust everyone else with regards to the face value of the coin.

Your choice to redeem your coin is yours to make.  Why not post pictures and video on youtube so that people can see it being done.
I do wonder why you even bought a Titan if you don't trust them - Seems like a troll post to me.

I did notice you ignored the prior post about people making wallet coins in which they sell their own version of stickers so that you can seal anything you want.  It's the perfect answer to your idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Good luck with your project.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

Can't wait to get my .5's to add to the collection!  Nice looking coins just like the rest  Grin. I have at least 1 of every Titan so far and will keep collecting them... Excellent work guys.
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:27:10 AM

This would be great if u guys did litecoin version

LavaWave

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:33:34 PM

Can't wait to get my .5's to add to the collection!  Nice looking coins just like the rest  Grin. I have at least 1 of every Titan so far and will keep collecting them... Excellent work guys.

Yeah that new .5 coin is nice! Maybe my next purchase.  Cool

░░  ░░░     ░░░▒▒░░░░
          ░▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░░░░    ░░▒░░░░
      ░▒▓▓░▒▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▒     ░░▓▒░
     ░░░▒▒      ░░░ ░▒▓▓▓░░░▒▓▒  ░░▒░░
    ░▓▓░  ░░░░░       ░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓▓ ░▓▓▒░ 
    ░░░ ░░░░░░░          ░░▓▓▓▓▓ ░▒▒░░ 
   ░▒▓░  ░░░░░░            ░░░░░ ▒▓▓▒░
    ░▒▒░   ░░                   ▒░░░░
     ░░░ ░░░░░░              ░░▓▓▓▒░
        ░░░░░░░           ░▒▒▒░░▒░░
          ░░░░      ░░░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░
          ░░░░░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▒░░
           ░░░░░  ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
            ░░░░░░  ░▒▓▒░░  ░░░
             ░░░░░░░      ░░░
               ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                   ░░  ░░
  COSS.IO
Crypto One Stop Solution
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..⧉ Multi-Wallet  ⧉ Exchange   ⧉ Merchant Platform
       COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency     
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..  ICO Details   
Whitepaper         ANN
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
Zillions

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:21:43 AM

Hey guys I noticed this up on Flea-Bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pcs-Titans-Bitcoin-Collectible-Coin-Silver-plate-2014-Weight-1-oz-/111298352313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e9e614b9

is this a fake? or a already spent coin?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:56:31 PM

looks fake. multiple reasons:
1) no hologram, the qr looks stamped in
2) silver PLATED = cheap

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
pizzaboy69696969

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:57:22 PM

YES
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:58:36 PM

I agree..If you sold LTC I would be buying everyone of those also!
TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:07:28 PM

looks fake. multiple reasons:
1) no hologram, the qr looks stamped in
2) silver PLATED = cheap

Yeah.  Those are Chinese "look-alikes". 

I thought they had gone away but apparently they're back.  We're trying to get them banned from eBay as a counterfeit/copyright violators.   Apparently they are sneakier then we gave them credit for?

TitanBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:13:06 PM

YES

LTC is in the pipeline. 

micro23

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:26:15 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 03:38:15 AM by micro23

Any plans on starting a twitter a blog or news page? I would love to know what you are up to and when or what conferences/shows you are heading to. What coins are currently in the 2014 press? Do you have any 2013 press's left? Thanks!

I want to purchase more of your coins but I cant see paying over 20 spot for the non silver and more then 40 over spot for the silver or gold ones. Right now the Titan 1 silver is approximately $200 over spot. I just cant figure out how I can justify that price. Nothing costs that much over spot. I saw on ebay there is a guy selling your coins unloaded, his name is thecryptostore2013 or  cflow01 is he a reseller? If so how to we get unloaded coins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: