Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:24:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Data leak  (Read 758 times)
flowers5 (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:01:40 PM
Merited by tk808 (3)

And this is how your passports get on the dark web.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/07/sentinel-chain-ico-leak-passport/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:07:20 PM

With more and more ICO's asking for KYC everyday, the risk has increased many fold now. This is why I am more bullish on projects such as CIVIC and THEKEY. These would be huge in coming years.

Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 05:09:17 PM

What does anyone obeying the KYC stipulation expect by the way? I know one way or the other this vital information supplied is likely to get into a wrong hand one day. Don't we have it with our e-mail addresses getting junk mails from sites which got them from the data bases of sites we visited and submitted forms to? It is simple reasoning and I am not so much surprised this could happen.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:10:12 PM

Yeah I saw this aswell, time to go long on civic?

Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:56:55 PM

Nobody can guarantee that your data after passing the procedure KYC fall into the wrong hands. Many are afraid to go through this procedure, because they are afraid of leaking their data. Which, on the one hand, is correct. Initially, the anonymity of users was above all.
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:00:50 PM

here are the first indicators of what is still very strange to think that all this adventure with KYC will not unfold a big problem for investors and bounty hunters. It seems to me that it is high time to understand that KYC is nothing more than just scans of passports, which the SEC does not require.
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:07:27 PM

Shameful disadvantages and of KYC verifications,that is why i am not joining of these ICOs because i wont allow this thing to happen,privacy is a must and be priority because we are here for the anonimity and the decentralization of our transactions.KYC process isnt necessary for those ICOs which arent residing in U.S so this makes fraudsters take advantage.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
Zagitta

Activity: 302

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

I can never understand how someone can trust their personal documents like passport to digital platforms where hacking and scamming is so common with no regulatory over watch to keep a check on them. These documents get sold on the dark net and get used by identity thefts.

danilogmachado

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

The problem is that most ICOS now require KYC, the way it will be to use a third-party passport, but this makes it very difficult
pedropendukot

Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:34:15 PM

Risking your identity and personam information for the sake of the monery and cheaper coins is stupid asf.I dont really understand why people are joining these KYC ICOs because they can easily get thee in exchanges when these projects got listed,theer you wont be required to send your IDs because it might be used to frauds when these informtaions got into wrong hands.

GrannyC

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

Yes, it is know and is good that we keep on saying it. The KYC is many times unnecessary and most of the times ends up creating enourmous risks for the investors, making it much better to falsify the data.
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:39:22 PM

Main reason why i didnt join any of these verifications,because you wont know when these people will use your IDs into something else,selling it online surely stupid thing especially in the deepweb,it could destroy the ICO's reputation if this isnt a datra breach ,im sure they fucked up with that date leaks.Not going to participate any of these unless i have some fake passports it will be okay to participate these ICOs.

clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

Main reason why i didnt join any of these verifications,because you wont know when these people will use your IDs into something else,selling it online surely stupid thing especially in the deepweb,it could destroy the ICO's reputation if this isnt a datra breach ,im sure they fucked up with that date leaks.Not going to participate any of these unless i have some fake passports it will be okay to participate these ICOs.

It's not the legit ICOs that do it so why would they care about it ruining their reputation? It's the ones that are scams and are going to disappear with funds and just want to line their pockets even further by doing fake KYC and selling the data that they receive.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:49:49 PM

It's the result of joining ICO project require KYC. LOL. But I don't think all ICO project requires KYC sold their customer identity, only scam projects did that so I think if anyone want to invest in any ICO project that requires KYC, they must sure that it's a truthworthy project or if they don't know how to know if it's a good project or not, they should invest in ICO project that no need to do KYC to invest.

DanielRR1997

Merit: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Shortly after kicking off its ICO on February 5, Sentinel Chain was forced to temporarily shut down its token sale after the company was notified that its KYC system (a common procedure users need to complete in order to enter token sales) was leaking users’ credentials due to a severe glitch.
Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:01:44 PM

The issue of KYC is becoming something attention should be called on, can't imagine using the KYC for an unjust act after passing the KYC procedure, I think this should be put to rest cuz this
 is becoming annoying.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:06:14 PM

Thanks for this expose and eye opening information. The worst is that they project owners are even asking bounty hunters to do KYC which I really do not the reason behind it. A bounty hunter is not an investor he is only helping the project marketing.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

scam ico. theft of ID cards, and in 10 months you will all be visited by the police because you should have bought all the drugs. or with your data, new bank accounts have been opened. or the people take part in many icos with your data. have fun at KYC. I do not do this rubbish and do not buy from ico. only when the token is listed. that is much safer  Wink
and after the ico 90% of the token are always cheaper than the normal ico  Grin
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:21:24 PM

Thats perfect art of selling the passports. LOlz. I don't think decentralised platform is going to be anymore secure because at one point we are getting robbed at exchangers with our BTC and there is again such news where our KYC documents are getting robbed away. So its really thinkable that whether we are secured with our blockchain or not. It is becoming trend now that we getting robbed but on the other hand we are trying to push the same technology ahead of the time. We need to see real development but we can only see it if we are safe in this crypto world. How does people will trust it anyway if their personal information which is most sensitive one is getting robbed like this way and in the most easy way. Just imagine what would happen if many exchangers got hacked and our KYC is leaked. There would be real chaos into this.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

hiwainmoto

Activity: 182

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:27:57 PM

This is the main reason i wont usually join these ICOs because you wont kno what will happen to those informations you have given to these people.Worst is they have sold these IDs to the online cindicates and use it to fraudulent activitiies so i suggest do not ever support or try to participate these ICOs because you can easily purchase these coins when they reached the exchanges.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: